Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Hey anyone meeting up before cardiff gig?

forum rss feed
Author

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys any of you meeting up before the concert in cardiff next saturday? Where are you going to hang out before the show?.

I'm just 30mins away from cardiff and will be making my way down there for about 12 midday find a place to park and then get some food and maybe a couple of bevvies before queuing up.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll be there- we have to agree on a place though!

bananawig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there, yeah, arriving in group of 6 from south-west wales. Dont know cardiff that well looking for a good/nice place to have bevvies. What kinda time do you reckon will be best to start queing?

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what DragonOnMyBack (thanx man!) wrote in other thread:

Being from Cardiff I thought I would give you guys a couple of Ideas. Not sure I will be able to get there myself but here is some info anyway:
If I was you I would head to the St.Marys Street area, which is a couple of minutes walk from the venue. If you are coming to Cardiff by train or bus you will have to walk across this street to get to the venue anyway.

There is a Hard Rock Cafe, an O'Neils Irish Pub and an Australian Bar(if I recall it is called Outback or something like that)all close to each other on the same street.

Beware there are 2 O'Neils pubs in Cardiff so make sure you go to the one nearest the train station.

There are many other places, but I can't remember all the names at the moment.
I'm not exactly sure where the Sandringham Hotel is on St. Marys Street but even if is near Cardiff Castle end ( which is the opposite end to the venue) it is still only about 5 minutes walk away.
If you want to get to the venue from St.Mary's Street all you have to do is walk almost to the end of St. Marys Street (not the castle end) and look for a small street called Caroline Street on the left.
It's a bit of a dump of a lane full of fish and chip shops and kebab houses, cafes etc. Usually a stop off for people being kicked out of Pubs/Clubs at closing time. Not a place to hang around to long but safe enough to walk through. There are alternate ways through some of the Arcades or cutting through the shops if they are open.

Head up this street to "The Hayes" and then keep walking in the same direction, past Toys R Us (on the right) past the 1st car park next to Toys R Us and then take the next right(before you get to the 2nd Car Park), walk about 50 yards and the Cardiff CIA is there on your left. Its pretty dificult to miss.

If you want to stop off in a Pub, Bar or for something to eat you will pass plenty of places on the way.

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What would it be than? O'Neils?

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

O'neils sounds good walkabout(australian bar) is also good place to meet let's see what other people think and then maybe have a vote on where
but i don't mind where we go as long as i get a chance to meet some queen fans before the gig will get a really good atmosphere between everyone don't you think?

Yes we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

BHM1775 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 05, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

O'neals is good, I'll be arriving abut 3.30 with the good lady

Posted: 01 May 05, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

O'Neills it is than!
I'll be wearing Dream Theater's TRAIN OF THOUGHT t-shirt :)

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 May 05, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If someone posts a definite description of how to get to the agreed location and a suggested meeting hour, I can post it as a sticky message. Please be as acccurate as possible to make it easy for visitors to find. (look at eggy's post about the Brixton meeting as an example)

I do not want any google ads here.

Posted: 01 May 05, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It ain't gonna be me than- I know nothing about Cardiff :) And I wouldn't be accurate :)

danielbuzz69 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts

Posted: 01 May 05, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bananawig wrote:

Hi there, yeah, arriving in group of 6 from south-west wales. Dont know cardiff that well looking for a good/nice place to have bevvies. What kinda time do you reckon will be best to start queing?

Where in south west wales are you from then bananawig? I'm from Llanelli

Don't try suicide!
jazzcat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 01 May 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Below is a link to O'neils. nearest to train/coach station, no to mention arena. And the larger of the two O'neils in Cardiff

http://www.bigcardiff.co.uk/articles.php?article_id=52

jazzcat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 01 May 05, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And just incase your not sure where the arena is. on the map link it is roughly at 2 on the clock, where the "mary" in mary ann street is. Hope this isnt too confusing for everyone lol.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 May 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jazzcat, if you are a local expert, why don't you write up a description how to get to the pub, how far it is for the arena etc and add the link to the map. People just need easy direction in one post they can print out and use as a guide. Please see eggy's post for the Brixton meet up as a good example how to set up a meeting with people from other cities/countries.

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=495118

I do not want any google ads here.

bananawig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 03 May 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Danielbuzz69..

I'm a bit further afield in the Fishguard/Haverfordwest area, which is a pain in the neck coz of all weekends they are doing work on the train track this weekend between me and Cardiff! Ouch! So is it O'neils by the train station 3.30pm evrybody?

Posted: 03 May 05, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess... I'll be arriving from Birmingham pretty early... I think I may be in the pub a bit earlier :) Where else will I go? ;)

queenfan7474 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 03 May 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone know what time the band is going to hit the stage.i am driving from the aston villa match.thanks for the help.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 03 May 05, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't you ask this on QOL about a month ago?

If not, you may wish to consider car-sharing as someone else is going the same way...

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll probably go to to the O'Neill pub in St Mary Street around 3.30pm. That seems to be the "IN" place to be.

See you there. I'll be wearing a Brian or Roger tour shirt with a leather jacket probably.

Looking forward to it. Really like the buzz of Cardiff.

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.

Posted: 04 May 05, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys sorry i haven't posted been very busy doing things you know what it's like i shall be there in oneills seems the place to go amongst others i'll be wearing a black queen t-shirt with the crest in grey,look forward to seeing you soon.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.