Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Something I discovered (and never realized)!

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 05, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

While googling my own name (was bored, that's why), I decided to add Queen to the search term to find if any Queen sites other than here at QZ still have my name mentioned in their archives.

Well, I saw a link for Brian's Soapbox Letters, and of course at first it didn't surprise me cos Brian has answered a couple quick questions of mine before...or so I thought.

It turns out, that with the 2nd e-mail I got from Brian back in 2003 (which I never believed to be published at all, because it was mostly matters between the two of us), Brian posted a portion of it on his website. Turns out he posted the question I asked about him ever appearing on The Simpsons, with his reply as it was written in above-mentioned e-mail(!!)

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/letters/letterssep03.html

How did I go 1 and a half years without noticing that?!

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bet it'll never happen. Although I'd love to see Queen Simpsonised.


When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Apr 05, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Who have also done it and yes, Keith Moon was in it!

Peace,
Adam.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 May 05, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was he? I'm pretty sure that was Zakk Starkey..although I'm not calling you Mr. Fibbety-Fib Fib.


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 05, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd like to see a Simpsons episode where Homer works as a roadie during one of the tours. Duff beers lined up on top of the piano...


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 May 05, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

I'd like to see a Simpsons episode where Homer works as a roadie during one of the tours. Duff beers lined up on top of the piano...


He was a kind of Roadie, once. But maybe he was more of a warmup sideshow thing.

Btw, I could be wrong about Keith Moon in the episode. It's just what I remember. Could be wrong. But I really do remember some moment where there's a Keith Moon dude making a funny face. Am I dreaming??!

Peace,
Adam.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 May 05, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

While googling my own name (was bored, that's why), I decided to add Queen to the search term to find if any Queen sites other than here at QZ still have my name mentioned in their archives.

Well, I saw a link for Brian's Soapbox Letters, and of course at first it didn't surprise me cos Brian has answered a couple quick questions of mine before...or so I thought.

It turns out, that with the 2nd e-mail I got from Brian back in 2003 (which I never believed to be published at all, because it was mostly matters between the two of us), Brian posted a portion of it on his website. Turns out he posted the question I asked about him ever appearing on The Simpsons, with his reply as it was written in above-mentioned e-mail(!!)

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/letters/letterssep03.html

How did I go 1 and a half years without noticing that?!


Cool! Hope Brian takes your suggestion to heart and we indeed see/hear an animated Queen..Simpsons style!


xyz
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 May 05, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopefully Brian won't stick by the "approach would have to come from them" statement.
If you listen to the commentaries to the eps. on DVD,
the producers/creator/etc. talk about how many big names have approached them to be on the show.
As big as the show has gotten, that might be the norm.
Perhaps some of the 'petition aficianados' should persue this???


You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

The Who have also done it and yes, Keith Moon was in it!


Keith Moon died in 1978 so there's little chance of him ever having been on the Simpsons. Unless he's done an Elvis.


When life hands you lemons, add vodka.