Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Deacon Guest?

forum rss feed
Author

new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 May 05, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone think that John will be at any of the UK gigs? I don't mean performing, just backstage doing the whole celeb thing?

Might be a bit too weird for them eh?

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey did not come to Brixton, so sure he will not come to any of the other ones either.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For Deaky not to show up at at least ONE of the UK gigs would truly be a shame.....

I can understand not wanting to play, but to not show up? For Petes sake, he is IN the band....

I think that it would be neat for him to at least come on stage for a curtain call or something.....

Or, maybe they are saving AOBTD for him....

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

I think that it would be neat for him to at least come on stage for a curtain call or something.....

Or, maybe they are saving AOBTD for him....

no

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

come on people.. get over it!

John Deacon is retired.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

new one wrote:

Does anyone think that John will be at any of the UK gigs? I don't mean performing, just backstage doing the whole celeb thing?

Might be a bit too weird for them eh?

Probably as much chance as Freddie turning up.

igormiskovic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still think he should be more supporting.

Love has become a four letter word

It's past its best and seldom heard

Love's left on the shelf like cigarettes

It's bad for your health

Cross-New Dark Ages

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 04 May 05, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

john deacon is not a member of queen any more

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 03:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John is, or rather was, a member of Queen. He is not a member of Queen + Paul Rodgers. I prefer to think of it that way, anyway......it's two different bands.....

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
leia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John is a part of Queen full stop. Forget this Queen+Paul Rogers being something different, it carries the name Queen in it.

That said, John is no longer a part of the front end of the business, he's no longer playing on stage. As Brian and Roger have both said though. He does play an important part of the whole Queen machine.

I suspect that he'll go and see them on this tour at least once. I see no reason why he wouldn't support his friends on this tour. Who knows he might just enjoy himself so much, it might and just mind you encourage him to think again about his retirement. Till then, all this talk should be laid to rest.

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"He does play an important part of the whole Queen machine."

Does he? In which way exactly? (Receiving royalties doesn't count).

dg22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deacon is a mjor contributing factor to the complete history of Queen. OK he has retired but to give PR more status than one of the groups founding members is an unbelievable joke ! Call yourself Queen fans - FO to the www.ilickpaulrodgersarse.com forum !

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only possibility of this happening is at Hyde Park - it'll be the biggest gig of the tour and perhaps Simon Kirke of Bad Company may even show up too; I suggested this to him at one of his recent solow shows in London and he was definately attending the show.........

Benn
TheDrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John *is* still a big part of the "Queen Machine" as you all call it. He always will be... accept it or not. You don't have a choice, though, regardless of personal desire, just as I don't.. I'm only stating what Brian May himself only just said in his new magazine interview, when asked about JD. In the Queen special.. he said John plays a huge part in the business side of it. And, if you know your Queen history as I'm sure you all do, they always said, in interviews and the like, Deacy always stayed involved in the business side of things, because, while quiet and laid-back, he was very quick, and "nobody's fool".

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the same interview, Roger (or Brian, can't remember) said he hasn't spoken to John for more than a year. I don't believe that John is somehow involved in Queen Productions (besides owning 25% of the shares). I think he leads his own private life and that's it.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys really don't understand it do you? John isn't just simply retired, he has agoraphobia. If you don't know what it means look it up

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Deacy always stayed involved in the business side of things..."

...and he sure still is! He would be a fool if not, cause it´s in his own interrest. Remember he has a lot of hungry mouth to feed at home... ;-)

Owning 25% of the shares in Queen Productions gives him the right to be heard within their company... but it´s way short of the majority! And to be honest, I doubt that any business decisions they made within Queen Productions after 1991 has reduced his income so far...

John is no longer a part of the front end of the business, he's no longer playing on stage... but he sure is "playing behind the stage" as good as he can... So anyone out there with a "backstage pass" say hello to John! ;-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh*

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian, re:

>John is no longer a part of the front end of the business, he's no longer playing on stage... but he sure is "playing behind the stage" as good as he can... So anyone out there with a "backstage pass" say hello to John! ;-)

And you KNOW all this do you?

Brian and Roger consistently contradict themselves whenever they talk about John, to the point that it's amazing how anyone believes anything thet they say about it. What we DO know is that:

1 - John was put out by MANY of the Queen+ collaborations (Robbie Willams, 5ive etc)

2 - John is not involved in this tour - whether he was actually invitedor not, I dont recall having seen anything that says "We asked John but he declined the offer" - correct me if I'm wrong.

3 - Brian or Roger have said a number of things that indicate he is no longer involved on any level at the same time as saying that he IS involved in the business decision-making.

Frankly, I could care less - John's doing what John wants to do and more power to him. If he changes his mind in the future, I hope Brian and Roger have the grace to get him on board.

Benn
bgordon88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looking forward to John Deacon's Queen going on the road soon ;-)