Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Defence of Paul Rodgers

forum rss feed
Author

beatlebazza user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have read some of the comments about the gigs and it seems that some of you didn't give the man a chance. Paul Rodgers is a rock legend. Free were one the very best bands of the 70's and he is acknowledged as being one the the truly great rock singers of all time. Rod Stewart himself said that Paul was his favourite singer. I have saw Queen when they first started out and they were awesome then. Freddie is a legend and will never be replaced, but if you wanted someone to front the band then you might as well go with the best available. An oldie like does tend to treat the true giants of rock with some reverence and Paul is up there with them. Roll on Saturday when I will see the band at Cardiff.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was brillint. Some of the songs I actually enjoy more than with Freddie (AKOM for instance...)
*waiting for the stones*
I also think this is a better tour than Works or magic...
*more stiones, i'm sure*
I don't care what it's called- I'm part of it, as a sucker who travells to many gigs. About Works I can only read, maybe listen to few bootlkegs at home... I can however sing wirh Roger Im In Love With My Car or with Paul- Fat Bottomed Girls...
I was always supporting this tour. After seeing two gigs- I KNOW it's brillint. And what others think? Why would I give a f***?

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

beatlebazza wrote:

I have read some of the comments about the gigs and it seems that some of you didn't give the man a chance. Paul Rodgers is a rock legend. Free were one the very best bands of the 70's and he is acknowledged as being one the the truly great rock singers of all time. Rod Stewart himself said that Paul was his favourite singer. I have saw Queen when they first started out and they were awesome then. Freddie is a legend and will never be replaced, but if you wanted someone to front the band then you might as well go with the best available. An oldie like does tend to treat the true giants of rock with some reverence and Paul is up there with them. Roll on Saturday when I will see the band at Cardiff.


Rock legend I don't think so

I have never heard of him mentioned in the same league as:

Mercury
Daltery
Jagger
McCartney
Lennon
Elton John
Hendrix
Clapton
Elvis
Plant,Page

The above are rock legends and I'm afraid Rogers doesn't even come close to matching any of the above. AND the above are famous for several different songs not just "All right now"


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Daltery

Who is it? Who is Daltery...?

And Page is not a singer, you moron...


Dr.Dan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

beatlebazza wrote:

I have read some of the comments about the gigs and it seems that some of you didn't give the man a chance. Paul Rodgers is a rock legend. Free were one the very best bands of the 70's and he is acknowledged as being one the the truly great rock singers of all time. Rod Stewart himself said that Paul was his favourite singer. I have saw Queen when they first started out and they were awesome then. Freddie is a legend and will never be replaced, but if you wanted someone to front the band then you might as well go with the best available. An oldie like does tend to treat the true giants of rock with some reverence and Paul is up there with them. Roll on Saturday when I will see the band at Cardiff.


Rock legend I don't think so

I have never heard of him mentioned in the same league as:

Mercury
Daltery
Jagger
McCartney
Lennon
Elton John
Hendrix
Clapton
Elvis
Plant,Page

The above are rock legends and I'm afraid Rogers doesn't even come close to matching any of the above. AND the above are famous for several different songs not just "All right now"


As a rock legend vocalist, only Mercury himself can match him from your list. Rodgers is the rock singer's rock singer. Wembley '92 proved that Freddie could not be replaced ... the biggest names around couldn't fill the void. But Rodgers is in a different league to most rock singers.



______

Dr.Dan
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Daltery

Who is it? Who is Daltery...?

And Page is not a singer, you moron...


The issue was ROCK LEGENDS not just singers. Read before you comment!


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Fenderek wrote:

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Daltery

Who is it? Who is Daltery...?

And Page is not a singer, you moron...


The issue was ROCK LEGENDS not just singers. Read before you comment!

1. I repeat my question- who is daltery
2. No- it WAS about legends, but specifically- about singers and frontmen. Read the first post as a whole, not only as an excuse to post another pointless shit against the Tour, Paul, Queen RIP 1991, etc...

beatlebazza user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Calm down it is only a commercial. All the people mentioned are indeed rock legends and Paul is amongst them. You only have to see from the countless rock complilations that All Right Now is always included. I would also ask peeps to listen to Fire and Water album and Free Live to see what a true great he is. I do accept that we are talking about something released 30 odd years ago, but he is still worthy of a bit of consideration.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care how much of a legend he is, but here's what I have to say...

I didn't have any expectations about him, but he was absolutely fantastic performing, especially his own songs. In my opinion (a Queen fan for almost fifteen years) he stole the show from Brian & Roger.
Sorry guys!

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...well, I wouldn´t say that he "stole the show", but he sure did a hell of a job... and he did it "his way"! I really loved it.... thank you Paul Rodgers!!!!

But, by the way, does anyone of you know, why he wasn´t invited to participate at the Tribute Concert in 1992? Seems strange to me, as I read that Freddie was such a great admirer, fan of his work and voice? ;-)


Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:


*waiting for the stones*


Don't worry, they're touring later this year.

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Don't worry, they're (The Stones) touring later this year."...

...and there are rumours going around in showbiz that John Deacon will be their "new man on bass"!

Thats what I call a deal.... :-))


Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie had more talent and class in one foot than Paul Rodgers has in his whole body!

Legends live on and cannot be replaced.

I am reading in newspapers and hearing on the
radio how Paul is replacing Freddie. This upsets me.

Sorry.

No Freddie + No John = NO QUEEN

Freddie 1991
WE love you and miss you.
RIP


Slightly Dazed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must say after going to the Manchester gig I am now Paul Rodgers fan! I cant imagine anyone else singing with Queen and pulling it off like he did. I'm off to HMV tomorrow to buy a couple of Free/Bad Company albums.

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS ROCK ON!!


But now you can kiss my ass goodbye
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G.

Now you're starting to assasinate Paul's character
and say he has no class? What did he ever do to you?

Why don't you direct your blind anger towards Brian for playing that Fender guitar gig. That's where he first jammed with Paul and got the idea in his head for a collaboration.

You are such a pathetic small-minded, immature, and classless person. If you are anything like your screen persona I bet Freddie would've had nothing to do with you.

Freddie wrote a song about people like you.
It's called Death on Two Legs.
Listen carefully to the lyrics of that song
and then think about the negative trash you spread around here. Ask yourself if Freddie would really approve of the way you act.

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

Freddie had more talent and class in one foot than Paul Rodgers has in his whole body!

Legends live on and cannot be replaced.

I am reading in newspapers and hearing on the
radio how Paul is replacing Freddie. This upsets me.


Sorry.

No Freddie + No John = NO QUEEN

Freddie 1991
WE love you and miss you.
RIP



Whahahahaaha..... Don't you really have nothing else to say??? You're so boring.

blablablabla


No Freddie + No John = NO QUEEN

Freddie 1991
WE love you and miss you.
RIP





I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Libor2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Libor2
Bohemian: 661 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BPP and Sharon G speaks so same, I almost think, they are one person :-) BTW, are you two 60 or more years old ? (you seem to be soooo narrow minded).

And now to the point of this thread. I don't think it's even necessary to defend Paul in any way. He's been doing such great job during this whole Queen+PR tour and he really proved, he could fill the gap after Freddie in solid way (now, only if they'd make some new record, then I'll be satisfied). So why to defend?

Being old enough, but I never saw Queen live (that iron curtain :-(( But listening to bootlegs and official gigs with Freddie could give a good imagination, what it was. Yes, Freddie was great, but this tour is comparable to those, Queen did in 80's IMO. Agree with Fenderek.

Libor

PS. BPP ment probably Roger Daltrey from Who with that Daltery, Fenderek (I know you knew it, but this is for BPP, as he is really in doubt, who Daltery is :->


But now it's time to be gone - forever...
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul is NOT replacing Freddie, thats why they call it Queen + Paul Rodgers......I think of it (as I am sure they intend me to) as a new band.....Freddie was the lead singer for Queen.......Paul Rodgers is (one of) the lead singer(s) for Queen + Paul Rodgers........and there you go....


I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rogers is a league in his own right, no matter if he's with Queen, Free, Bad Campany, The Firm or as a solo singer. He will never replace Freddie and he was never bought in to replace Freddie he was the missing link to get Queen on tour again it would of been great to have John up there on stage as well but he's retired from the music business now and we all have to respect his decision.

I hope the Queen/Paul Rogers collaboration go's on for may more years. I have total respect for Paul Rogers to get up on stage and work with such rock leagues like Brian and Roger.

I've said it before i'll say it again just in case. Bryans Permed Poodle are you still crying about this new QUEEN and PAUL ROGERS tour well boohoo to you get lost looser and get a life.


dg22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

" Boohoo - get a life "

"pathetic small-minded, immature, and classless person" (By the way Kunte, I copied and pasted that !)

Is that really the best arguments you can come back with? Its pathetic!

The simple fact is is PR is a decent blues/rock singer with a average rock career. His record sales have not surpassed any of those true legends on BPP's list.

If he was a legend and everyone's favourite rock singer - why wasn't he at the 92 concert? Just because All Right Now is on lots of 70's compilations doesn't make him a legend. Joe Dolce's Shaddap You Face is on most 80's compilations but he's no legend.

Kunte - your mindless attack on Sharon G is just pitiable.

If anything I'm sure Freddie wouldn't have approved of delirious bigoted morons who can't have a sensible discussion about likes and dislikes without resorting to pathetic whining!