Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Houston 1977 complete

forum rss feed
Author

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 May 05, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds so sweet to me buddy... :-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thomas, please don't become the next BPP - all his posts are about 'Queen 1991 RIP' and now you mention 'flac' in any given topic... There's enough free web-space for all formats.

Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd like it in MP3 or wav just like he said to begin with...

Rainbow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 05 May 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to get a bottle of booze (43% alcohol) and I'm going to share it with you when I meet you.

Posted: 05 May 05, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds sweet to me too buddy... cant wait to meet you anytime soon! :-)))

Posted: 05 May 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...by the way, the booze, is it FLAC or MP3?
43% FLAC lossless? I´d prefer MP3... :-; Is that ok with you? :-)))

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keep Yourself Alive wrote:

I'm going to get this one (100% sure) and I'm going to share this when I get it.

You are crazy!

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't you know that it's very rare, you can get other rare stuff with Houston. I've worked damn hard to get it and now most people can simply download it. Damn, this bootleg will be leaked soon in the bootleg-world, because of you. Offcourse everybody should have it, but it isn't fair. I trade with people who have rare stuff, they can have Houston in return. But if you share it, then it's not an rarity anymore. Please think about it before you will do anything stupid, damn.

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Alex Solan wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I'm just hoping to get this as a FLAC. It's a concert I'd really like to have on CD and I never burn MP3 to cd-audio.

Are CD-R's very expensive there? Cuz here, despite of the economic situation, CD-R's are still very cheap... I don't care to grab some concerts from MP3 to Audio-CD - this is not the case of course, since we're talkin' about a very good and soundboard recorded concert ;)

cd's are roughly €0,50 a piece here, and I hate MP3 quality and gaps, so I'm not going to waste €1,- on torturing my ears.

Same here. I never burn mp3s to CD. I prefer to keep the two separate. Real bootlegs on CD and mp3 s stay on my PC.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

Don't you know that it's very rare, you can get other rare stuff with Houston. I've worked damn hard to get it and now most people can simply download it. Damn, this bootleg will be leaked soon in the bootleg-world, because of you. Offcourse everybody should have it, but it isn't fair. I trade with people who have rare stuff, they can have Houston in return. But if you share it, then it's not an rarity anymore. Please think about it before you will do anything stupid, damn.

If someone would offer you (I don't mean myself) to download studio verion of 'Hangman' you would say "No, thanks, it isn't fair"?

djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

I suppose one way you could look at it would be to ask 'what is for the greater good?'

Is it better that every Queen fan should be able to hear this supposedly great concert (Of course everybody should have it, you say), or should it be kept rare so that people like you can use it to amass an even rarer collection?

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against you and I'm sure you have worked damn hard to amass this rare collection. But you can't have it both ways can you? If this is something everybody should have access to - because it is such a great Queen moment, then keeping it as a rarity is simply cruel, and for the personal gain of a few hard core collectors.

I could just as easily ague the other side of the coin here. I certainly don't think we should get it all on a plate, but I for one would be extremely grateful if someone shared something I have otherwise little chance of hearing. How could I not be. The only people not happy about this will be the people who already have it and are hoarding it for advantage in trading. You should be able to see that the majority of people will think: "yeah, bring it on baby...."

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry Funster wrote:

Rick wrote:

If someone would offer you (I don't mean myself) to download studio verion of 'Hangman' you would say "No, thanks, it isn't fair"?

Its a killer isn't it? If someone offer to share Houston are they being incredibly generous or selfish?

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keep Yourself Alive wrote:

I'm going to get this one (100% sure) and I'm going to share this when I get it.

I can't help but wonder... I presume that your source doesn't know you intend sharing it. Because I imagine they wouldn't provide it to you if they did.

But as I said:

Bring it on baby...

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Offcourse, I only want to warn him. He's got something really rare, you can get the most beautiful Queenstuff if you have Houston, because everybody wants to have it. I think it's too late now. I'm very mad right now. An you're right, I can't stop him.

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it an act of selflessness, or an act of insanity? :)

Posted: 06 May 05, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

djaef wrote:

Is it an act of selflessness, or an act of insanity? :)

All of you are just simple people, who didn't do any f*cking effort to get it. But enjoy the show, it's Queen best in the seventies.

Jamie74 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

All of you are just simple people, who didn't do any f*cking effort to get it.

Carefully crawling out of lurking mode for a second here, being just one of those humble "simple people", to express my amazement about the fact that we might have found ourselves a new divinity here. How would thou like us, the simple people, to address thee, oh great lord?

Lighten up, spring is in the air, and there might be a wonderful concert on its way to a very appreciative audience (which even the concert itself might enjoy for a change). Or perhaps not, in case you hadn't noticed: the concert hasn't even been uploaded yet...

NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Rick wrote:

Offcourse, I only want to warn him. He's got something really rare, you can get the most beautiful Queenstuff if you have Houston, because everybody wants to have it.

Yes, and if certain people (collectors) would take this guys example, getting rare stuff wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

I think this guy's gesture is great, and it's a standard all of us should (try and) live up to! This may well be the first step in the right direction!

Perfectly said, why on earth should I have to 'work hard' to obtain a copy, if I had it I would do exactly the same.

I love you for your mind baby give me your body.

Posted: 06 May 05, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't you understand? I'm a trader, if all rare concerts are shared then trading isn't fun anymore!

Jamie74 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 06 May 05, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rick wrote:

Don't you understand? I'm a trader, if all rare concerts are shared then trading isn't fun anymore!

Don't you understand? I love the MUSIC. Perhaps you could try to get your enjoyment from the music itself instead of the trading processes? Hey, it's just an idea, many people here seem to be able to do so.

Wow, two posts in a day from me, it's about time to go back to lurking...