Yes, I have read the reviews in the Swedish news papers, and NO I do not believe that the reviewers went to the same show as I did... so here is MY review of the show at the Globe, 30 April 2005!
I was there, my first live concert with Queen although I’ve been a fan since 1973 and their first record, Queen. The magical moments for me were numerous at this Queen +Paul Rodgers concert in Stockholm at the Globe 30 April 2005.
01. Intro: It's A Beautiful Day Ross Robertson / DJ Koma 2005 techno mix [tape]
When this intro started goose bumps of anticipation came all over my body, yum! This will be great!
02. Intro: Lose Yourself [tape - Eminem]
Why are they playing Eminem? I lost my goose bumps!
03. Intro: Reachin' Out (Paul on vocals + Spike keyboards only)
Now Something is about to happen!
04. Tie Your Mother Down (Paul on vocals)
WOW, these guys ROCK!
05. I Want To Break Free (Paul on vocals)
Nice version but I could not hear the vocals...
06. Fat Bottomed Girls (Paul on vocals)
I love this song as it gets me back to all the concert videos I have collected over the years and Queen always played this song in the beginning
07. Wishing Well (Paul on vocals)
I’m not a Free fan and this song made my goose bumps disappear again...
08. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Paul on vocals + guitar)
09. Say It's Not True (Roger on vocals)
My photo from this song show a lonely Roger at the front of the "walkway" lit by a single white lamp from above, a beautiful photo and a beautiful song. Roger’s voice was sweet and vulnerable and the song gave me tears.
10. '39 (Brian on vocals & guitar)
This just shows that Brian has a strong voice, and is THE guitar player!
11. Love Of My Life (Brian on vocals & guitar)
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried "floods" and my heart felt like bursting. I was thoroughly impressed with Brian’s voice that was strong and true and the song has to be one of the most beautiful ever written!
12. Hammer To Fall slow/fast (Brian and Paul on vocals)
A Surprising start of this "heavy metal" song. To start acoustically and slowly twist the song to the original was genius!
13. Feel Like Makin' Love (Paul on vocals)
Hm, can’t remember this one?
14. Let There Be Drums
Roger really has got IT! One of the planets best drummers, I’ve always known it and now I know why!
15. I'm In Love With My Car (Roger on vocals and drums!)
FANTASTIC! This is Rogers song and he made this version of it the best ever! How the man can sing! Goose bumps? YES!!
16. Guitar solo
Brighton rock combined with (I don’t remember) but the combination was awesome!! Some parts were so beautiful that tears just streamed from my eyes and I felt happy! Fantastic!
17. Last Horizon
Another song that I do not remember especially.
18. These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Roger on vocals)
Fantastic song by Roger! I’m IMPRESSED and lucky to have been here!
19. Radio Ga Ga (Roger and Paul on vocals)
Not one of my favourites, but this version made me laugh! ALL hands were up and the sight of all these fans clapping to the beat is awesome and inspiring!
20. Can't Get Enough Of Your Love (Paul on vocals)
Great! Again THANKS for this night!
21. A Kind Of Magic (Paul on vocals)
One of my favourites, didn’t really say anything to me now though the light show was spectacular!!!
22. I Want It All (Paul on vocals)
What do you want? Brian asked... and the audience shouted... Freddie Mercury!!!!!!!!!
Then the heavy song I want it all with all the great singers in the audience singing along! Awesome!
23. Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddie and Paul on vocals)
Now, I’m going to stick my chin out... this is NOT one of my favourite Queen songs... I know, I know, EVERYBODY can sing the lyrics, yes, it is a special song etc etc but it has never done anything with my goose bumps and I ALWAYS judge a song by my bumps and shivers! This version in Stockholm