Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > freddie and brian were the most improtant members of queen

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 05, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't believe me, don't give me this B.S that john deacon meant as much to queen than freddie and brian. just look at all the influeces, freddie's influece is endless, to many names to even try to mention. brian is the second most influencial. once in a while you hear roger's name mentioned and john never is mentioned by other musicians, so stop this B.S. it's all about who influenced the most musicians, it's pretty obvious that's freddie. even when i mention brian may's name to a music fan, they look at me like 'who's brian may,' that says it all.

RainMustFall2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 06:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe without John, Queen wouldn't have an excellent bassist, and without Roger, Queen would have lost its highest vocals (e.g. opera of Bohemian Rhapsody).

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another One Bites The Dust is the best ever selling Queen single. That's it.

Posted: 11 May 05, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

all of you are full of it. i'm not saying roger and john meant nothing to queen, i know they contributed, but to say, john meant as much to queen than freddie is showing alot of ignorance, and saying john is the best bass player in the world is showing even more ignorance, john was a good but not great bass player, grow up people. i know john and roger were great songwriters and were talented, but know one ever mentions john as a great influence and roger is only sometimes mentioned. brian and freddie are the big infuences. don't believe me? check out any queen documentry, freddie is mentioned first, followed by brian. that's not an opinion, it's a fact. get over it.

Posted: 11 May 05, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ringo Starr is not the best drummer ever, not many artists have got any influence from his works, but he still is Ringo Starr, one from The Beatles.

Same about John. That's it.

Posted: 11 May 05, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what's your point? to the one who say's john is the greatest bass player, your kidding right? he was a good bass player, nothing more, i never heard anyone mention him as an influence, that doesn't mean he sucks, but he didn't have his own style, like brian and freddie. ringo starr is a much bigger influence in music than john deacon. i don't wanna sound like a deacon basher beause he's actually a fantastic song writer, i like all his songs, but don't give me this B.S about queen couldn't have done it without him. listen to other bass players, like geddy lee and les clay and entwisle, now those are great bass players.

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike whats your point?? everyone has his own notion. if you think it was all about freddie and brian thats ok, but whats wrong when others think there was john and roger to? i dont get it whats the point of this topic, did you thought that everyone will say yeah youre so right about it, or were you just in a bad move?

Posted: 11 May 05, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no bad mood here, i never said it was all freddie and brian, my point is people talk out of their (you know what) sometimes someone has to put them back in reality.

Posted: 11 May 05, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

what's your point? to the one who say's john is the greatest bass player, your kidding right? he was a good bass player, nothing more, i never heard anyone mention him as an influence, that doesn't mean he sucks, but he didn't have his own style, like brian and freddie. ringo starr is a much bigger influence in music than john deacon. i don't wanna sound like a deacon basher beause he's actually a fantastic song writer, i like all his songs, but don't give me this B.S about queen couldn't have done it without him. listen to other bass players, like geddy lee and les clay and entwisle, now those are great bass players.

So I'd put you back to reality too. Read again what I wrote above: RINGO STARR IS NOT THE BEST DRUMMER EVER bla-bla-bla THE SAME ABOUT JOHN.

And now you tell me that I've said that he's the greatest bass player?! Ringo didn't influenced a lot of artists, The Beatles did, but not Ringo. That's reality.

The other reality is the band chemistry - if John would be a wrong person, they could work with Mitchell or Groose!

Posted: 11 May 05, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'mr. holland' said john was the greatest bass player ever. the fact is ringo starr with the beatles and solo is mentioned by other musicians alot more than john deacon. isn't ringo in the rock n roll hall, he might be, but i'm not sure.

Live Killer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shut up mike...

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bottom line is that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Each member played a crucial role in making Queen the greatest band ever..:-)

JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John Deacon is a very basic bassplayer. It makes me sometimes laugh, but I think he is great because it's briliant if you can earn milions of money without doing much.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"freddie and brian were the most improtant members of queen"

Oh important, I thought impotent...

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The genius of John Deacon is he played for the song. Is he as "good" as Billy Sheehan of Mr. Big? Maybe not, but he had an inherent sense of what worked for the song, as did Roger, and Brian, and Freddie. That's why those four working together were more successful than any of their solo efforts. I know that Cozy Powell was a highly regarded drummer, but I hated the sound of his drums on Brian's solo stuff. That's why supergroups seldom work.

You know, good times are now.
gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike, get yourself a life... you are on a Queen forum discussing about something on what you are extremely wrong...

Queen is the only band in the world, in which all the members wrote a No. 1 hit.

There might be many other bass players, as you have mentioned... but John Deacon was as importante as Freddie, Brian, or Roger...

I love The Beatles too... but where´s Ringo´s No. 1????

Little_Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 558 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

You're so missing the point. I'm one of those people who claim Queen wouldn't be Queen without John, or Roger, or Bri or Freddie. Is John the best or the worst fuckin bassist in the world is totally irrelevant. Yes, of course Queen could do it without him. Or even without Brian. There are many other great guitarists out there. The thing is, IT WOULDN'T BE QUEEN ANY MORE. Plus, as someone already mentioned, without John Queen wouldn't be the only band in history who's all members wrote No1 hits. Of course they'd do it somehow, if you put it that way, theoretically they could do it even without Freddie. The rest three of them are all great musicians and they'd sure make some good music with some other singer. But Freddie was Freddie. And John is John. That's it. There are no compromises. If you make any, it's not Queen any more. End of story.

Give me a good guitar, and you can say that my hair's a disgrace, oh, just find me an open car - I'll make the speed of light out of this place...
Slightly Dazed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Without John there would be no songs, such as I Want To Break Free, therefore there would be no Queen dressing up in womens clothes! That would be devastating!

Seriously though, every Queen member contributed to the group in their own way.

But now you can kiss my ass goodbye
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know i love old music i know about all great bands and musicians. I play the guitar and i know a great musician when i see one, and those four guys, Roger, Brian, Freddie and John have (had) alot of talent. Their music wouldn't be what it is without anyone of them. Freddie said it himself, " We are are four equal guys"

Point made

~H

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
goliath user not visiting Queenzone.com
goliath
Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 11 May 05, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was great with or without Queen, how many great songs did Brian, John, or Roger have without Freddie. I'm going to see Queen with Paul Rodgers in July but it won't Queen because Freddie is not there.