Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > What are the biggest venues of this tour?

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 May 05, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 13 May 05, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Without the open air shows- the biggets one is M.EN. Arena in Manchester. 21000, apparently reduced for the gig to 17000. Pretty much sold out, from what I've seen...
Great venue, good view even from the last row on the balcony, and awesome sound... And man, what a crowd!

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 13 May 05, 11:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Without the open air shows- the biggets one is M.EN. Arena in Manchester. 21000, apparently reduced for the gig to 17000. Pretty much sold out, from what I've seen...
Great venue, good view even from the last row on the balcony, and awesome sound... And man, what a crowd!

The MEN is the largest indoor arena in Europe and makes the Wembley Pavilion look like a tin shed!! Built as part of the no-hope Olympic Bid 2000.

Gee, I'm glad I didn't go to the Pavilion - a shit heap of a place and totally crappy for the fans who can't get a decent view. Sooner it's demolished the better!!

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenconcerts site tells you some of the capacitys.i wish more people responded as it was a good question

john pistlli
wegotit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Antwerpen, Barcelona, Manchester & Prague were the biggest Venues oft his tour with 16.000 - 18.000

go to my page for more info

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Hyde Park is yet to come. And Gerledome (Ahrnem, 10th July) has a capacity around the 35.000 I think.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Niels V user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cologne Rhein-Energie Stadion is about : 50.000

nv
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 08 Jun 05, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I said before, Prague is for rock concerts reduced "only" to 14500 or so. Barcelona and Manchester are among the biggest venues.

Llisos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 157 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 05, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barcelona (18000) was a 100% sold out!
... I was there!

But you can always depend on me
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 05, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This makes me fear the worst for North America. Is there anywhere in North America that Queen can find 10,000 fans? I hope Iron Eagle is whistling for a good reason.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 05, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saitama Arena (Tokyo) is 37000 places I believe.

H
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 11:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

This makes me fear the worst for North America. Is there anywhere in North America that Queen can find 10,000 fans? I hope Iron Eagle is whistling for a good reason.

John Mayer played the Garden here in NY, and the only ones who like his music are sexually frustrated women in their 40s.

I can for sure see them selling out The Garden.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope you are right Jingles. Better yet, I hope Queen plays within 500 miles of Chicago (or preferably in or near Chicago).

I don't want to shell out money for airfare and hotel as I can not really afford more than one Queen out of town junket this year. So, I picked Breakthru because I felt that was more entertaining (2 days versus 2 hours) and a better value. I suppose my priorities are screwed up, but that is how I feel.

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think a lot of fans will get really pissed off if they don't add any more dates other than NY and LA. The reputation of the band will be put at risk. This ia a damn big ass country, and travelling to either coast will require for most people to spend a lot of money. If other cities are to be picked for them to tour I'm sure it will include Chicago, Boston, Houston, Washington, Seattle, Cleveland, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Phoenix, and perhaps Minneapolis.

I'm sure that if not in 2005, then they'll add U.S. tour dates in 2006. Yet, we shouldn't jump in joy until dates are confirmed, including NY and LA.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember Pink Floyd only played NY and LA for their The Wall tour ... I hope this is not the case with Queen on this potential NA tour.