Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Sheffield

forum rss feed
Author

rogersgirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 May 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi just wondering did anyone go to the sheffield gig and what did you think of it? I thought it was amazing love sarah x x x

"I'm in love with my car, got a feel for my automobile, get a grip on my boyracer roll bar, such a thrill when your radials squeel" the words of a lengend... Mr Roger Taylor
Sambatty user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 14 May 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

best gig i've been to... waited 12 years to see them and now my band viewing pleasure is complete. plus i think i'll be on the DVD (behind two bald blokes near the front) as the camera was RIGHT ON TOP OF MY HEAD!! :-s makes u very self concious...

www.jameswarner.co.uk - my band, queen a big influence. mwah.
stormtrooperinstilettoes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 15 May 05, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wonderful wonderful wonderful!!! I have sen them many times since 1975 and was a little worried beforehand but it was amazing. Good to see the guys are still rocking with the best!

I shed a few tears during the gig - particularly during LOML and Say its not True.

Kez

"Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between...."
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 16 May 05, 06:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great performance, terrible crowd (the worst I've seen on this tour). Paul was brilliant, great setlist. But folks who didn't know 39 or Love My Car and looked as if they just left Bingo Club didn't create an atmosphere- not like the one in Cardiff, Birmingham or Manchester anyway...

if you cant beat them join them user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 16 May 05, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well i just thought i'd say i thought the crowd were awesome and my younger sister is still smiling Brian gave her a thumbs up and a smile bless well see you all x x x

xAbigailx
dizzy101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 17 May 05, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[quote]Great performance, terrible crowd (the worst I've seen on this tour). Paul was brilliant, great setlist. But folks who didn't know 39 or Love My Car and looked as if they just left Bingo Club didn't create an atmosphere- not like the one in Cardiff, Birmingham or Manchester anyway...[/quote]

I totally agree with you,I mean none of the crowd knew what key Brian was playing in,no-one knew RT's drum patterns,I noticed durng radio ga-ga & we will rock you the guy next to me was 13 milliseconds out with his clapping,I mean c'mon if your going to go to a rock concert at least have the decency to spend at least an hour a day learning all the words to every song the band has made.
I'm sick to death of people just going to concerts to enjoy themselves ,someone needs to put a stop to it,I for one will be sticking to bingo in the future!

georghi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 17 May 05, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DIZZY101 Wrote:

I'm sick to death of people just going to concerts to enjoy themselves ,someone needs to put a stop to it,I for one will be sticking to bingo in the future!

listen mate --- catch yourself on.
sooooo petty!

Posted: 17 May 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dizzy101 wrote:

I totally agree with you,I mean none of the crowd knew what key Brian was playing in,no-one knew RT's drum patterns,I noticed durng radio ga-ga & we will rock you the guy next to me was 13 milliseconds out with his clapping,I mean c'mon if your going to go to a rock concert at least have the decency to spend at least an hour a day learning all the words to every song the band has made.

C'mon- the crowd was quiet! The band wasn't even sure what is the response! Do people like it or not? That's the ROCK hgig- the band plays with energy, the crowd responds with energy, than the band lays even better and so on... It's not about knowing what fuckin' note Brian just polayed but about knowing what track this is or at least clapping along- I saw crowds in manchester and Cardiff and they rocked. That's what rock is for- to enjoy yourself and give your fav band an audible sign of appreciacion... It's not an opera, it's not a bloody theatre... It's a ROCK concert... I couldn't care less what chords is Brian playing- but there was 2 and a half hour of the gig- not only Radio Ga-Ga and We are The Champions. Half of the crowd in Sheffiled didn't notice that. And that's why I'm saying it was lame. To be honest- that was one of the lamest crowds I have ever seen on the rock gig- and I've seen quite few...

Posted: 19 May 05, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well i think the crowd was good and too right who cares if we knew what key brian was playing in, thats just pathetic, everyone was there to enjoy themselves not learn to be fucking rockstars. i thibk the crowd was great

"I'm in love with my car, got a feel for my automobile, get a grip on my boyracer roll bar, such a thrill when your radials squeel" the words of a lengend... Mr Roger Taylor
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 19 May 05, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Practically one straight road from my place to the Hallam FM - can't be more than 4 miles - and I didn't go *slaps head*

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.

Posted: 19 May 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was amazing you should have. Big mistake in not going. You should by the dvd!!

tomtoms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 19 May 05, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Great performance, terrible crowd (the worst I've seen on this tour)

You know what, this must be about the fifth post from you about how shit the crowd at Sheffield where. And guess what, you are the only person who went to that concert who has moaned about it repeatedly - did you get blown out by some young Sheffield lass and that put a dampner on your night? Everyone else had a ball.

Posted: 19 May 05, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 19 May 05, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Great performance, terrible crowd (the worst I've seen on this tour)

You know what, this must be about the fifth post from you about how shit the crowd at Sheffield where. And guess what, you are the only person who went to that concert who has moaned about it repeatedly - did you get blown out by some young Sheffield lass and that put a dampner on your night? Everyone else had a ball.

*this is what it should have looked like the first time*my mistake!!*

Posted: 19 May 05, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well said tomtoms, i agree totally it was amazing the best thing iv'e ever seen love sarah xxxx

Posted: 20 May 05, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tomtoms wrote:

You know what, this must be about the fifth post from you about how shit the crowd at Sheffield where. And guess what, you are the only person who went to that concert who has moaned about it repeatedly

Check some reviews at queenonline- many people who went to numerous gigs said the same. And I went to the gig with my better half...
Yes, I moan and will be moaning as it's difficult for me to agree with the fact that once the best rock band on Earth (and very good one at the moment!) plays for bingo goers and people who don't appreciate anything else than We Are The Champions and Radio Ga-ga. I just find it really sad and depressing, so I rant.
Tell me something else- why does it bother you...? People generally post shit on this noticeboard, you don't reply to any post you don't like, do you... Is it because I'm talking about your city...? C'mon, give me a break...
PS
Again I repeat- I saw few other shows and that was THE WORST when it gets to crowd, it was one of the best when it gets to performance and almost the best on Tour when it gets to setlist (only two Irish dates were better).

Posted: 21 May 05, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi, Fenderek just wondering how close were you to the stage? and if at the front what side?

sarah_watkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 21 May 05, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

tomtoms wrote:

You know what, this must be about the fifth post from you about how shit the crowd at Sheffield where. And guess what, you are the only person who went to that concert who has moaned about it repeatedly

Check some reviews at queenonline- many people who went to numerous gigs said the same. And I went to the gig with my better half...
Yes, I moan and will be moaning as it's difficult for me to agree with the fact that once the best rock band on Earth (and very good one at the moment!) plays for bingo goers and people who don't appreciate anything else than We Are The Champions and Radio Ga-ga. I just find it really sad and depressing, so I rant.
Tell me something else- why does it bother you...? People generally post shit on this noticeboard, you don't reply to any post you don't like, do you... Is it because I'm talking about your city...? C'mon, give me a break...
PS
Again I repeat- I saw few other shows and that was THE WORST when it gets to crowd, it was one of the best when it gets to performance and almost the best on Tour when it gets to setlist (only two Irish dates were better).

Fenderek- Agreed! I was there and the crowd were not great. The band were good and the set list was AMAZING!!

Posted: 21 May 05, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the crowd was great i may not be really old and have never been to a concert before the queen+ Paul rodgers one but i think it was bloody amazing

sarah_watkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 21 May 05, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the crowd were odd becuse it was so light in there because of the filming. The worse crowd out of the 10 gigs I went to but one of the best gigs!