Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > WHO GOES TO FC CONVENTION?

forum rss feed
Author

Peta user not visiting Queenzone.com
Peta
Bohemian: 319 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 May 05, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi, I am a FC member since 1996 but I have not been to FC convention yet. This year I´d like to go because it will be 20th convention and MAYBE the best and greatest convention in FC history. Have you already booked it? Please, don´t you know how to get from Manchester to Prestatyn? How did you like last FC conventions? Thanks for your experiences.

04.10.08 - Hannover, 05.10.08 - Hamburg, 28.10.08 Budapest, 31.10.08 Prague, 1.11.08 Wien
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 18 May 05, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There'll be a train from Manchester.

They're enjoyable.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 18 May 05, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

They're enjoyable.

Wow..what a ringing endorsement..;-)

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 18 May 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always seen them as an excuse for Jacky Gunn to be able to justify her existance within the Queen organisation.

The Fan Club provides nothing other than a t-shirt selling service and an "expensive" weekend holiday booking service for one weekend each year.

If people stopped going - which they clearly have in the last 5 years, perhaps the FC might look at that as a mirror of the services that they provide and pull their socks up.......

Still, Queen fans being Queen fans will do just about anything so long as the Queen name is tacked on there somewhere.....

Benn