Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian & Roger Playing Live with Freddie singing on film

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 May 05, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can this be done ? I'm sure Elvis's old band did this a few years ago. The band played live whilst archive footage of Elvis was seen on screen singing along with the band.

We would have the Queen sound and Freddie singing at the same time. Great!!

Surely this would be better than the useless idiot Rogers on vocals.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 19 May 05, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YEAH!why don't let the original crowd of Wembley sing along the show!?!?....instead of those idiots clapping a singing (mostly out of tune...) that sold out almost each concerts till now...like me for example

please...

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 19 May 05, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

I'd have to disagree with you on that one buddy. I've heard a recording of RoDgers and Queen in Hamburg and I think although that Rodgers isn't Freddie and will never have that type of voice, I felt he added a more bluesy way of playing Queen songs and I find that quite interesting.

By the way, quit insulting Rodgers, he brought (most of) Queen back together and started an amazing tour that keeps getting better every concert, he deserves some credit and kudos for that. Besides I didn't insult you and call you Bitchy Persistent Prick now did I...

P.S. Learn to spell the last names of great musicians because it would be very embarassing if you sent a letter to a classical music convention hailing Moazart now would it...

Mr Drowse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 791 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well said, Smittygecko!

Feed the Phoenix :)
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Drowse wrote:

Well said, Smittygecko!

Go for it Smitty.

BPP unless you actually go to one of the concerts you will never know.

Keep Good Company
musicalprostitute user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMFAO!! :) why talk your anti-Queen shit here? lol it makes no sense.

better sit back and go with the flow
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RohemianBapsody wrote:

Mr Drowse wrote:

Well said, Smittygecko!

Go for it Smitty.

I refused to go for 3 reasons.

1. It's not Queen in any shape or form. Mind you I would have gone if Brian and Roger had dropped the band name.

2. Secondly having seen the REAL AND ONLY Queen at Wembley in 86 I would rather remember them as the original four and at their peak.

3. Lastly £50.00 - £55.00 a ticket is too expensive to see 50% of a once great band and a singer no ones ever heard of.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RohemianBapsody wrote:

Mr Drowse wrote:

Well said, Smittygecko!

Go for it Smitty.

1. It's not Queen in any shape or form. Mind you I would have gone if Brian and Roger had dropped the band name.

2. Secondly having seen the REAL AND ONLY Queen at Wembley in 86 I would rather remember them as the original four and at their peak.

3. Lastly £50.00 - £55.00 a ticket is too expensive to see 50% of a once great band and a singer no ones ever heard of.

How old are you? About 5? Because you that's how you sound.

1. We've all heard of Paul Rodgers (most of us).

2. Tickets were not all that price.

3. It is Queen because technically Brian and Roger were the first two members (Smile into Queen) and also being obsessed with Freddie Mercury isn't a good thing to be. Infact being obsessed with anybody that you don't actually know isn't good. So just stop repeating yourself. We know you don't agree with the tour and we don't care. You saying you don't wanna go isnt gonna stop anything.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
i'm going slight mad... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RohemianBapsody wrote:

Mr Drowse wrote:

Well said, Smittygecko!

Go for it Smitty.

i know who paul rodgers is, he's the singer from queen isn't he? ;)

but seriously, just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean everybody else hasn't. i grew up listening to his songs. i think it's a bit, well, stupid of you, not to go and see what they can pull out of the hat. they've always delivered before, and no before you say it, it wasn't all down to freddie. i also think it's a bit petty of you to say you would have gone if they had dropped the name. seriously. what the hell? the who still tour under the name of the who and they have only two of its original members left.

i'm not wierd i'm gifted
djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans SPermed Poodle wrote:

You refused to go because you are a closed minded dickhead. No other reasons are valid or neccesary.

djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can this be done ? I'm sure Elvis's old band did this a few years ago. The band played live whilst archive footage of Elvis was seen on screen singing along with the band.

Have you seen those Elvis shows? I did. They were pathetic. Just like dragging a dead body with you 10 years after its death... Groze, man. It was corny as hell.
PS
Do you have a life?

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Get a life
2. Get a life
3. Get a life
Guess what's number 4...

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about Brian, Roger and Freddie playing on film with John playing live?

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agreee with BPP on this one. Would love to hear
Freddie's voice instead of PR.

Freddie 1991
you AND only you!

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Serry...

"How about Brian, Roger and Freddie playing on film with John playing live?"

What do you think is John doing at home right now? :-)

But to get more serious now... well, I realy enjoyed their concert in Basle, but in my opinion all of their videos during the show were "Schmonz"...

Did they ever need any videos during the shows? So... do you realy think they need them now?

What´s the use of a video accompanying Brian on playing "Last Horizon" or playing "These are the days of our Lives"? "Kitsch as Kitsch can be"...

"Bo Rhap" was ok... but they should all have left the stage and stopped the video when the operatic section began... just like they did all "those years before"...

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A rose by any other name, Poodle. Of course, you'd be too uncultured (like the average toddler) to get the reference.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Rafael Macedo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there should be an anti-queen zone specially designed for this morons that are talkin all this SHIT...

Rodgers has a really great voice... I think he was at Woodstock 94, and also, there was a plan to play with May at that show... Im not sure if that materialized...

I became a fan when they released Innuendo, so i never had a chence to see them... and know , thanks to the awesome Rodgers and the new Queen tour, a lot of young people will have the chance to see the best band ever (even without freddie and john) playing the best music ever writen...

FREDDIE IS DEAD... GET OVER IT...
THE SHOW MUST GO ON...

LORD OF ALL DARKNESS...

QUEEN OF THE NIGHT...
Joker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 157 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Rafael Macedo i mean there are hundreds of young people who have only heard Queen from their cd's or records. i think its a good idea that they are touring with paul rodgers and that they are still using the name Queen. if you say that they should just play along with a video then people won't go and see them,they will just go out and buy live at wembly or something because it would just be the same and alot cheaper.
im going to try and sum this up in two words
You Suck!

stop spreading your anti Queen shit around these forums. no one wants to hear it and just fuck off in general!

Why?

BHM1775 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BPP, If you had graced one of the recent gigs with your presence you would have seen exactly that!!!

The first part of Bo Rhap was done with Spike playing piano, Roger on Drums, Bri and Jamie on Red Specials and Danny playing Bass.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many Queen fans are complaining about Rodgers. Paul Rodgers is a great singer and is better than that loser George Michael. I changed the lyric of I Want Your Sex to George Michael's gay in January of 1991 and girls complained I WAS JEALOUS. Seven years later, my parody lyric came true. Also Rob Williams is a boy-band defect whom luckily is hated by Americans.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"