Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This movie was just too great, most people didnt have such high expectitaions, Right now this is like my 2nd all time fav.
I can't wait to see when it comes out on DVD and the star wars box set, with some extra stuff, maybe enough to keep you inside for a full weekend.

MY GOD spell it write.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't really care too much for it. I thought it was OKAY. Nothing really special.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
nil user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4062 posts

Posted: 20 May 05, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm gonna see it Tomorrow with my mate, who I'm dessperately trying to get with! LMAO
Yeah can't wait, that Hayden bloke is FINE!

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 22 May 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are better IMHO. These movies had Harrison Ford, Carrie Fischer and Alec Guinness (at least in the first movie) as major characters. These actors and actresses could make lame dialog sound reasonable.

Sith's only major character that was an above average actor was Obi wan (Liam Neeson?)

Sith is a great movie, but only the 3rd best out of 6.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Mr Drowse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 791 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ewan McGregor!

Feed the Phoenix :)
Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Drowse wrote:

Ewan McGregor!

agree :P

2+2=5
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After watching 'Attack Of The Clones' last night I realized that Hayden Christensen had one hell of a lot of improvement as an actor on 'Revenge Of The Sith'.

Natalie Portman on the other hand was very wooden. Seems weird because back when she was 13 she gave an aweome performance on 'Leon: The Proffessional'. At that time she seemed like the most promising young actress.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Fraz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i saw the Revenge Of The Sith and thought it was great.

Posted: 23 May 05, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

After watching 'Attack Of The Clones' last night I realized that Hayden Christensen had one hell of a lot of improvement as an actor on 'Revenge Of The Sith'.

Natalie Portman on the other hand was very wooden. Seems weird because back when she was 13 she gave an aweome performance on 'Leon: The Proffessional'. At that time she seemed like the most promising young actress.

Woops...didn't see this. I just created a topic about Attack Of The Clones which I have never seen because of the awful reviews and my friends ragging on it.

Last night I watched it on TV for the first time and I loved it. The direction and script are weak but I loved the film. I have to admit too I have seen "The Professional" about a dozen times and Natalie Portman blew me away. Then again she was under the great direction of Luc Besson.

My feeling, from watching Attack Of The Clones (as I have NOT yet seen Revenge of The Sith), is that she is suffering from George Lucas' very weak direction.

Reason..I was apalled at how wooden Samuel L. Jackson and the great Christopher Lee were...and I KNOW how talented and great they are as actors as I have seen tons of their films. So if THEY were wooden, and they are veteran, seasoned great talents/actors..under Lucas' weak/tepid direction..that explains Heyden Christianson & Natalie Portman's wooden performances...and I would like to see both of them blossom under a great Director. Natalie was also great This year co-starring in "Closer".

I LOVE George Lucas as a storyteller, a Producer, the creator of Star Wars, but he needs to let other Directors who are better at their craft, direct, such as Irvin Kirshner with The Empire Stikes Back & Richard Marquand with Return Of The Jedi.

xyz
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 May 05, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember reading once that Steven Spielberg said to Lucas that he'd love to direct 'Revenge Of The Sith', but Lucas very keen on directing the last chapter of the saga.

Personally I think the movies would have been much better if directed by Spielberg, while Lucas takes care of all aspects of production. After all, they did a superb job on the 'Indiana Jones' trilogy, and the acting on those is better than on the 'Star Wars' movies.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 23 May 05, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

I remember reading once that Steven Spielberg said to Lucas that he'd love to direct 'Revenge Of The Sith', but Lucas very keen on directing the last chapter of the saga.

Personally I think the movies would have been much better if directed by Spielberg, while Lucas takes care of all aspects of production. After all, they did a superb job on the 'Indiana Jones' trilogy, and the acting on those is better than on the 'Star Wars' movies.

Have you heard the rumors about a TV spinoff, or...another 3 Trilogy film series picking up where Return Of The Jedi left off? I have read a ton of press with rumors about BOTH that Lucas won't confirm or deny.

xyz
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 May 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucas said he's done with the Star Wars movies, and he won't be directing, writing, or producing any more films in what would is rumored to be a new trilogy with episodes VII, VII, and IX.

He said however that he's working on a TV series that is going to tie up episodes III, and IV.

Posted: 23 May 05, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Lucas said he's done with the Star Wars movies, and he won't be directing, writing, or producing any more films in what would is rumored to be a new trilogy with episodes VII, VII, and IX.

He said however that he's working on a TV series that is going to tie up episodes III, and IV.

And I'll beleive that when Yoda comes over my house tonight for dinner! LOL!

Lucas SWORE that in 1983..he was finished with Star Wars...and yet...May The Force Be With Him!

Read all the "rumored press" in SFX, Dreamquest, etc. most of the film/science fiction mags, they all say "another chapter"....

Oh...Jingles our hate for Rolling Stone in their mean regards to Queen, notwithstanding, PLEASE read the outstanding Cover Story in RS with Darth Vader on the cover...covering Darth Vader as the Greatest Villain in Film History, . all about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin/Vader with Excellent in depth interviews with George Lucas...and...

Interviews with Heyden Christiansan as Anakin, Jake Lloyd as little Anakin, Mark Hamill as Luke/Anakin's son, David Prowse as the body of Vader, and James Earl Jones as the voice of Vader. I read it like 3 times. Very well done.

xyz
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 23 May 05, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate Rolling Stone, so I will just go to Barnes and Noble and read the whole thing.

Posted: 23 May 05, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

I hate Rolling Stone, so I will just go to Barnes and Noble and read the whole thing.

That's what I do all the time with RS. I never buy it. I read it our Barnes & Nobles here in Maryland. You really will love it though.

xyz

Posted: 23 May 05, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check out this animated graphic.

About a third of George Lucas' interview is on the website.

If you want to read the entire interview with George Lucas and also the interviews with Heyden Christensen, Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones, Jake Lloyd, & David Prowse go look at the actual magazine.

http://www.rollingstone.com/?rnd=1116890975671&has-player=false

xyz
Taylor-Mayed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7134 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw "Revenge of the Sith" yesterday. I'm not a major Star Wars fan, but it was enjoyable enough, and certainly better than the last couple. The sadist in me loved seeing pretty-boy Anakin having his remaining limbs chopped off and then set on fire. Tee hee!

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a film...

Very well done. Acting wasn't at all bad in my opinion, and I've always liked Hayden Christiansen, especially his powerful representations of anger and evil. Sometimes I get the impression that people are quick to jump on the "the Prequel Trilogy are and the actors are crap" bandwagon in a similar way that some on here are quick to say "Paul Rodgers and Queen are rubbish, I don't believe in Queen past 1991", which is a shame if you can't form your own opinions. But that isn't pointed at anyone in particular.

But, how can people say it has tied everything up and they understand everything in the Original Trilogy becuase of this? For example... why doesn't Obi-Wan remember Leia? ("That boy is our only hope...") when he bloody 'helped' deliver the babies? What does Qui-Gon teach Obi-Wan on Tatooine? When Luke asks Yoda if Han, Leia etc will die when on Cloud City and Yoda says "hard to see the future is" - why doesn't he sense Chewbacca's presence - especially since he was a good friend of Yoda's? Just simple things that don't quite make sense. How did, and for how long previous to the end of the Clone Wars, has the Emporer amassed such an army (e.g. the 'soldiers' we see in grey suits throughout the Original Trilogy - did he despense of the clones and the droids?).

I think of so many more points the more I delve...

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 May 05, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's a lot more questions to be answered GreatKingSam...

- Why didn't Obi Wan kill Anakin when he had the chance? I know Jedis are supossed to kill only in self defense and without being driven by hatred. Anakin was burning in a puddle of lava, at least Obi Wan should put him out of his fuckin' misery so he doesn't suffer anymore.

- Why does Leia say that she remembers her mother? Is she talking about the wife of Senator Organa, or Padme? If she's talking about Padme, then how can she remember what happened when she was a couple of minutes old?