Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > houston 77

forum rss feed
Author

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

has anybody else noticed that this is now on the hub? - in complete form!


go deo na hÉireann
Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who cares... It's here twice.

moonie user not visiting Queenzone.com
moonie
Bohemian: 389 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is That audio or Video Mate?

Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

craggsa wrote:

Is That audio or Video Mate?


Damn what do you think? :P

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

most copies jump through 39
i think this is down to the orignal vinyl copy they were recorded from

here's the tracklist
wwry/brighton rock/stl/death on.../killer queen/GOFLB/i'm in love with..../get down make love/ millionaire/YMBF/liar/love of my life/39/melancholy blues/white man/instrumental/prophet song/now i'm here/scc/borhap/kya/tie your mother/wwry/watc/sha/jailhouse rock/gstq

spread your wings may/may not be missing




go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rev wrote:

Who cares... It's here twice.

i was just trying to let people know - that if they can't use bittorrent or rapidshare that someone has put it on the hub


go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

on the version iv got, it is missing Sheer Heart Attack (apparently) and there is no mention of Spread your wings :S


that's because SYW was in the USA tour setlist
- but no one is sure if it was played that night
- it was definitely played New York and Chicago


go deo na hÉireann
Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

can someone post the set list of the complete version? cos the version i got jumps through '39 and has two tracks of audience chanting, i want to know if its the same with the complete version or not, if it isnt i would like to request the missing tracks. thanks!


Sheer Heart Attack was played in Houston.

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=539185

Setlist here... Along with the complete version.

tummell user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it in FLAC?

moonie user not visiting Queenzone.com
moonie
Bohemian: 389 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rev wrote:

craggsa wrote:

Is That audio or Video Mate?


Damn what do you think? :P


Just asking Rev, you never know!
Cheers again for the audio by the way.

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B><font color=#ff7f00>Brenski</b> wrote:

most copies jump through 39
i think this is down to the orignal vinyl copy they were recorded from


?????
there was never a vinyl copy of it.
most likely the recording is the soundtrack from the video and someone split it to trade this rarity twice.
as i heared from someone,the uncompressed version will be on the hub and qz soon.


Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

where did you download it? I downloaded the 6-part one on qz but haven't listened to it or figured out the setlist...


you downloaded it but didn´t listen to it??????to houston,the holy grail??????????
please explain this.


Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone else whom downloaded the 6 part mp3 version burned it to cd yet?

I'm assuming we'd get a 6 very long tracks?

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

believe it or not, thats where i downlaoded it, and its missing SHA and has two tracks of audience! im so confused!

the hub version definitely has SHA - it's in the list for track six

6-tymd_wwry-watc-sha-jailhouse-gstq


go deo na hÉireann
Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you downloaded it from queen zone (nummer 25) is sheer heart attack

does anyone listen to the concerts


<blank>
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Prophet's Song wasn't played. And SHA was played. At this tour they did a very short version, so it fluently changes into Jailhouse Rock.




John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I finally got around to burning the 6 track version to an mp3 CD (along with six other Queen concerts). I have only listened to Liar and LOML and part of 39 so far and it was fine ... so I assume the CD is OK (although 39 is still missing one and a half lines of vocals - I can live with that).

Of course Houston is on the hub ... I announced it was on the hub when I announced that Houston would be available on my web pages (although it is buried in the post). I am not sure if the wma version is available on the hub (although it probably is already there).

I know the wma is probably better quality (192 vs 128 kbs), but I do not understand the enthusiasm for wma, when wma is mostly limited to computer use only (and lower quality computer speakers). My four year old DVD player plays PAL (hard to find in the USA), VCD, and mp3, but it does not play wma. My new car plays mp3, but does not play wma. So wma is useless to me. I have also been told that wma is completely useless for Apple/McIntosh users

I realize that the dutch boys were probably in hurry to save face and finally share what they had been promising for a month (that and Uruguay 83) but never delivered ... until they had to. The wma format was all they could come up with on short notice.

I bet that the dutch boys (including the morally challenged and banned ex-Queenzoner Mr X) never really intended to share Houston, but rather wanted to continue to use Houston and Uruguay for tormenting purposes.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

I finally got around to burning the 6 track version to an mp3 CD (along with six other Queen concerts). I have only listened to Liar and LOML and part of 39 so far and it was fine ... so I assume the CD is OK (although 39 is still missing one and a half lines of vocals - I can live with that).

Of course Houston is on the hub ... I announced it was on the hub when I announced that Houston would be available on my web pages (although it is buried in the post). I am not sure if the wma version is available on the hub (although it probably is already there).

I know the wma is probably better quality (192 vs 128 kbs), but I do not understand the enthusiasm for wma, when wma is mostly limited to computer use only (and lower quality computer speakers). My four year old DVD player plays PAL (hard to find in the USA), VCD, and mp3, but it does not play wma. My new car plays mp3, but does not play wma. So wma is useless to me. I have also been told that wma is completely useless for Apple/McIntosh users

I realize that the dutch boys were probably in hurry to save face and finally share what they had been promising for a month (that and Uruguay 83) but never delivered ... until they had to. The wma format was all they could come up with on short notice.

I bet that the dutch boys (including the morally challenged and banned ex-Queenzoner Mr X) never really intended to share Houston, but rather wanted to continue to use Houston and Uruguay for tormenting purposes.


there is no uruguay recording from 83,that was just a joke they made to change the "houston promise" subjekt.queen didn´t play live in 83.


Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course I know Uruguay 83 is not true ...


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 May 05, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mr. X? I'll believe it when I see it. Are you sure this guy is not toying with you?


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come