Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Freddie this, Freddie that

forum rss feed
Author

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 May 05, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wrote it in my blog, but... think it's worth posting here (slightly edited)...
I wonder if maybe I'm weird. I guess I am... I wonder if I'm the only one on this site thinking the same... After all those weeks hearing Freedie=Queen and how disrespectful the tour was, after all those threads about how hot Freddie was, about Freddie being genius and still in our hearts, blah, blah, blah... I dunno, man, but it makes me sick, really. Yes, great singer, fronting my fav band, dramatic lifestory, but... fuckin' hell! I almost feel I'm gonna snap when I hear the name again! It just loses any impact- yesterday I had to watch Milton Keynes to check out if I still like the guy! Yeah- I do. But after hearing all this crap about him, his name being mentioned every fuckin' five seconds and always as a God- no way you can criticise!- I have enough... It makes me cringe as well as being almost ashamed of being Queen fan!
What's wrong with Queen fans???? Yes- Freddie was a genius, probably was 10 feet tall, had a huge cock, was hot as hell; hadn't he died he would have surely won Nobel Prize in science as well as literacy and probably a Peace Award as well, he would have recorded Bohemian Rhapsody reLoaded and all the gigs they would have played for free because he was such a philanthrope... he would have stopped war in Iraq as well as poverty... the biggest human being ever... Give me a break. After listening to this kinda crap from Sharon or BPP and now few others every bloody day you actually stop liking the guy... Bloody hell- I have to play Death On Two Legs again, once again forgot that he reallly WAS good... Does being fan mean being fanatic?

No- I know I'm not going to change anyone's view, I'm not even trying. This is merely a rant- how I feel about the whole worshipping...
C'mon, let's see the stones. Jehowa, Jehowa!!!

TheDrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek,

you make some valid points, but I have to disagree with your statement that everyone's comments are enough to make you start disliking freddie... what people think, *especially* if they're from posters you don't even like (!) shouldn't sway you in the slightest, right?

like many Queen fans, i've had to hear alot of nonsense about Freddie in the *negative* sense, but that doesn't change that i think hes an underrated songwriter and artist. why should it? and don't get me started on what people say about Bowie...

anyway, i'm sure you know that, but it's worth remembering. after all, alot of people have slagged off and commented on Paul Rodgers, and that hasn't made you dislike him, has it?

Posted: 23 May 05, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheDrown wrote:

like many Queen fans, i've had to hear alot of nonsense about Freddie in the *negative* sense, but that doesn't change that i think hes an underrated songwriter and artist

U see- that doesn't bother me either. It just the dellusional worshipping of the greatest human being ever works like a red light for the bull... No-of course I exaggerate, just to make a point...

TheDrown wrote:

anyway, i'm sure you know that, but it's worth remembering. after all, alot of people have slagged off and commented on Paul Rodgers, and that hasn't made you dislike him, has it?

As I said- it's not about slagging off. Quite opposite...

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably the first and the last time I react to a topic like this, but here we go:

Freddie was talented, funny, very brave in bearing his illness, sometimes endearing and worked his arse off to show his audience a good time. Most of all, he was an integral part of Queen as we all got to know them (no, I don't mind Paul Rodgers one bit, the tour is just fine with me). To those who didn't know him personally, that's all there is to it.

If you ask me, no one who doesn't know what an egg costs should ever receive a Nobel Prize :-)

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course Freddie will have the biggest following.... he was Freddie... he could stand out from any crowd.

Some people think Freddie was Queen, and thats all there is to it.

Some people feel Queen were 4 equal members...

Some people prefer the "rock" side of Queen... and prefer the heavier or bluesier songs.

The people in the first 2 catagories above may accept Paul Rodgers, but to them.... he's not a puss filled zit on the ass of Mr. Mercury.

To the fans in the 3rd catagory (who prefer the bluesier, heavier) side of Queen.... they may like Paul just as well, if not better than Freddie.

My dad and I are both big music fanatics.... both music teachers.

I think Paul is good, Freddie was great.
I think Freddie was technically better, and sounded better, while overall being a better live performer.

My father thinks Freddie was good, and that Paul is great. He thinks Freddie is technically better, but he feels Paul has a better sounding voice.... we both agree Freddie puts on a better show.

So what??

We both love Queen...we both will take a tour with Paul Rodgers over no tour at all.

You may be sick of hearing abot him.... but make no mistake, Freddie was the shit.

All the Queenies were good.... the actions/live show of Mr. Mercury is what I feel is the main reason why Queen is world reknown.. not the only reason...

but the main reason.

Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first thing that upsets me is that he's no longer seen as a music or rock icon. He's a GAY music and rock icon! One day someone just decided to stick him in that catagory and it bugs me because everyone's losing focus on what actually made Freddie famous. I know it's no secret that he was gay, but just because he is, it doesn't mean that the media has to put it on his sleeve for him.

The second thing that disturbs me is the sick level of obsession going on. One girl IMed me once and was totally convinced that *I* was Freddie just because 'Mercury' was in my screen name. Then, she proceeded to offer me ("Freddie") online sexual favours and tell me that even though she was 15, she still wanted to bear my ("Freddie's") children.

The world is sick and it sucks. But don't drag Freddie down for other people's stupidity.

Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zander05 wrote:

The first thing that upsets me is that he's no longer seen as a music or rock icon. He's a GAY music and rock icon! One day someone just decided to stick him in that catagory and it bugs me because everyone's losing focus on what actually made Freddie famous. I know it's no secret that he was gay, but just because he is, it doesn't mean that the media has to put it on his sleeve for him.

The second thing that disturbs me is the sick level of obsession going on. One girl IMed me once and was totally convinced that *I* was Freddie just because 'Mercury' was in my screen name. Then, she proceeded to offer me ("Freddie") online sexual favours and tell me that even though she was 15, she still wanted to bear my ("Freddie's") children.

The world is sick and it sucks. But don't drag Freddie down for other people's stupidity.

WTF?

She had to be joshing you. Was she serious?
She has to know that Freddie passed away. Right?

Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry fenderek i usually agree with your views but i think your little rant went a little overboard esp the "if he was still alive bit" i know some people adore freddie to the point of worship but that's just the effect he had on there particullar life,he effected us all in some way or we wouldn't all be queen fans, just the same as brian, roger and john effected us but none of them are dead and i think that where the difference lies, people who have passed on are always immortalised imagine b,r or j "god forbid" passed on tomorrow then all there fans would be saying similar. You just have to accept that bpp etc.. are always gonna have these views just like you have yours, and keep listening to Death on two legs etc... if thats what it takes to remember what an amazing person Freddie was and always will be to us... xx aisha xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Freddie,

Freddie was very talented. could really work an audience, and that voice. no other like it in the world.

He was only 1/4 of Queen, but because he was the frontman, he was most visible.

And last, but not least, he was the hottest looking guy I will ever lay eyes on!!

Freddie -
you and only you....

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, So Freddie was'nt a GOD Fenderek and such, but he was put on this earth for one reason, and that was to provide music to millions and millions of people, which he suceeded with a big passion to make everyone he knew and did'nt no, b a family! One way or another he got thur to people, and worked his damn ass off to achieve that! NOONE WILL EVERY NO HIS PRIVATE LIFE, example- rumors, untold secrets, private life, etc......But that doesn't make him so terrible or the fans that followed him thur out his career that are bad because we still talk about him! He's gone now, and why put someone down cuz there's still a loyal following among us Queen fans...which the diehard fans will still cherish the moments he was on this earth! Noone on this planet will ever be perfect or have some dirty laundry on them, but to be quite honest, Freddie still impacts the younger generation... whether u beleive it or not.....it's true.....
Freddie was Freddie and always will be someone special in my heart, cuz of his dedication to his music, his perfectionist, his contribution to music for a long time to come and not to mention his wonderful voice! (who nowadays can u compare his voice to anyone) ..... b hard to!
Well in closing, just wanted to say my say, and feel how i feel......just my opinions and I no they don't mean much, but had to respond to this topic......and hope i did'nt upset noone....
keep the faith.....

thanks
Micky

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok Sharon your a little bit mental you may be in love with Freddie but unfortunately he is dead please move on with you life and get a man with a pulse for your own sanity not meaning to be mean or burst your bubble but like Hello!!!!!xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fireplace wrote:

Probably the first and the last time I react to a topic like this, but here we go:

Freddie was talented, funny, very brave in bearing his illness, sometimes endearing

sorry, have to disagree...he is/was my idol...but let;s face some facts...he WAs a rich spoilt hedonistic playboy who did what he wanted WHEN he wanted and with WHOM he wanted...he found out he was dying and had NO CHOICE but to deal with it....face facts people...the thousands of people who find out they have terminal illnesses EVERY fucking day are brave...FM was not brave, he was THE archetect of his own destruction and had NO CHOICE but to deal with it...his constant denial of his illness forced him to choose no other path than braveness....
one final point those that shag themselves into an early grave ARE NOT BRAVE, they are stupid (he's still my hero) but a fucking stupid one, nonetheless....cancer patients are fucking brave.... end of sermon!

go deo na h√Čireann
Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B><font color=#ff7f00>Brenski</B> wrote:

Fireplace wrote:

Freddie was talented, funny, very brave in bearing his illness, sometimes endearing

one final point those that shag themselves into an early grave ARE NOT BRAVE, they are stupid (he's still my hero)

Provided he knew what risks he was taking....which, in the early eighties, he did not.

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I know he is dead. Freddie lives on in the hearts of many Queen fans. Young and old.

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 23 May 05, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B><font color=#ff7f00>Brenski</B> wrote:

Fireplace wrote:

sorry, have to disagree...he is/was my idol...but let;s face some facts...he WAs a rich spoilt hedonistic playboy who did what he wanted WHEN he wanted and with WHOM he wanted...he found out he was dying and had NO CHOICE but to deal with it....face facts people...the thousands of people who find out they have terminal illnesses EVERY fucking day are brave...FM was not brave, he was THE archetect of his own destruction and had NO CHOICE but to deal with it...his constant denial of his illness forced him to choose no other path than braveness....
one final point those that shag themselves into an early grave ARE NOT BRAVE, they are stupid (he's still my hero) but a fucking stupid one, nonetheless....cancer patients are fucking brave.... end of sermon!

Can't agree with you on this one.
AIDS is not some disease people brought on themselves.
A friend of my sister died of AIDS in '94. He had been HIV+ for a long time and at the time he was likely infected it was not really well known.
Also people sometimes are in denial about their disease and / or sexuality.
Freddie had a reputation for excess but he could have been in denial as well. He could have thought it couldn't happen to him. It does take courage to face your own mortality whatever the cause.

Posted: 24 May 05, 03:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

It's the new generation Fenderek. And as a pitty they come straight from the "Freddie Mercury Tribute section"

Ditto.
Funny, how few people actually understood what I was trying to say. Is my English that crap...? :)

Mariam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 24 May 05, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brensky,you really believe in this stupid fairytales about Freddie?
Wake up, my boy! The had is not for hair, but for brains

Stryder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 24 May 05, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek, queen '91 RIP, Freddie we love u, always in our hearts..queen+pr=shit..:)))))))

Posted: 24 May 05, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

i understood it right, didn't I?

I wouldn't write "ditto" if you didn't... :) Still wandering how about the rest- is it the language or is it just a mental barrier...?

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 24 May 05, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mariam wrote:

Brensky,you really believe in this stupid fairytales about Freddie?
Wake up, my boy! The had is not for hair, but for brains

most of those "fairy tales" are fact - not legend

have YOU ever lsitened to freddie talk about stuff?

he was into anything and evertything...many in the same bed and same night!!!

he makes george michael's washroom antics look like the work of a cloistered nun!!!

go deo na h√Čireann