Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > It didn't take too long: complete Houston 77

forum rss feed
Author

riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 05, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please check this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4732259423&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and then see website:
http://www.queencollector.com/Newlive/index.htm

I still wonder how Trancer can go on and on with this selling thing. It's simply amazing. I know other traders who have been threatened to get sued by Queen's lawyers but he just sells more and more..
This is exactly the reason why I still think certain recordings should not be available on the internet for free download. Go ahead, stone me to death for saying it but that's simply a fact.
I do support sharing but when it comes to hard to find shows like this, there is always someone who wants to make money with it.

One more reason for collectors to keep certain shows for themselves...

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are they actually selling an mp3 sourced version of Houston?

Trancer's been taking the piss for years. Most fans are very surprised about how he gets away with selling official material.

agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I do support sharing but when it comes to hard to find shows like this, there is always someone who wants to make money with it"

I do understand but I think one of the reasons why Richard set up the Bit Torrent server here was to put the likes of Trancer out of business.

Libor2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Libor2
Bohemian: 661 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think, more the shows are the usual ones, the less posibility to sell them. And if some people don't look around (if it isn't somewhere cheaper or free), it's apparently their fault and not the problem of sharing bootlegs for free.

But now it's time to be gone - forever...
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh well, so a few fools fatten Trancer's wallet. I hope more rare shows get shared. Why throw the baby out with the bath water. Sharing does much more good than any damage Trancers might do.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still, how does he get away with it?

DJ's the man we love the most
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there anything we can do? Sadly, I don´t think so...
Anyway, Rip thanx one more time for sharing it!!!

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Houston is not a bootleg, Libor, it's a (stolen copy of) a soundboard recording. Considering this, maybe Trancer went to far this time.

I do not want any google ads here.

Libor2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Libor2
Bohemian: 661 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Houston is not a bootleg, Libor, it's a (stolen copy of) a soundboard recording. Considering this, maybe Trancer went to far this time.

Oh, well, Barbara, indeed. But, all in all, it's the same kind of copyrighted material anyway (as bootlegs are).

But you can be right here. We'll see, if it makes any difference.

But now it's time to be gone - forever...
tilomagnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the situation is similar to the Earls Court´77 audio/video. It´s not a bootleg as it was professionally filmed for a possible release, but it´s not an official release either.

I wonder how this guy can go on selling all these recordings. Nobody seems to care about this really.

fjac1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fjac1980
Bohemian: 283 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

houston 77 . I think that is official in part. Remember the video of My Melancholy Blues, that appear in "Rare live". Must be a reason cause is not edited completly as official album o video. But, Still don't know it.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gone are the days that Ebay still kicked your balls if one was selling illegal stuff...

The only way to stop this guy is to report his activities to Ebay themselves.

And indeed looking at that website, it makes one wonder... I still remember too well specific websites that had to close down on order from officials for just publishing song LYRICS!

greantings user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's my suggestion:

* Register a fake user on eBay and bid something like $90,000.

* Report him to eBay.

* Give him REALLY bad feedback (especially for trying to sell mp3 sourced music, downloaded for free on the Internet!).

The best part is that he can't do anything about it, because after all HE'S the one who is not following the rules.

IMHO, the only way to put people like this out of business is sharing hard-to-find recordings for free on the Internet. That way there's no market for selling stuff, especially not when you can get it for free...

icmrocha (The Man From Planet Marzipan) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These guys that download concerts and sell them make me sick....

"The years have been unkind...

but kind enough!"
tilomagnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 02:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

humanoidboogie wrote:

IMHO, the only way to put people like this out of business is sharing hard-to-find recordings for free on the Internet. That way there's no market for selling stuff, especially not when you can get it for free...

I think this guy is the best example that this doesn´t work. The more concerts are on here(or somewhere else) for downloading the more he is going to sell and there are always people who don´t realize they aren´t official etc.

Posted: 26 May 05, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'ts only a fraction of world's Queen fans who visit this site. Most of them still browse ebay from time to time. We like it or not, sharing concerts like this will increase the number of sellers. Most fans don't even know about a place called Queenzone so they think their only chance to get this show is to buy it from ebay sellers.
The majority of people don't care if a show is from mp3 or not. They don't know how mp3 works and are just happy to hear the show. They don't buy it for trading purposes but to listen to it.
Too bad they end up getting an inferior copy with cuts on WWRY fast, '39 and White Man when there is also an error-free version around..

Posted: 26 May 05, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those boot names are just something that Trancer came up with. Those are not "real" bootlegs (silver pressed) but cheap CDR copies, like the ones we all can make from the downloads here. He just creates nice artwork and prints some text/art on the labels, that's all.

scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HUMANOIDBOOGIE has the right idea for this. Let's all put really bad feedback on e-bay for this person so his rating will plummet. His rating is currently at 94% so people will happily buy from him at the moment.

Also if we leave link in for Queenzone then the people who are buying the stuff from him might download from here instead and stop giving him money. Which would be a shame.

Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Made a mistake. His feedback rating is 99.4%!!

Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...nowadays it is not that easy anymore to take a fake-account on Ebay (new registry's need to fill in their credit-card number!)

and second; if want to make his feedback drop, you first have to buy from this guy!

Report it to Ebay and report it to QP. That's all that can be done.

What another option is: look at the bidders and send them an e-mail telling them where to download the stuff for free.