Forums > Personal > Obscure links to Queen

forum rss feed
Author

bellydancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 246 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do Queen and Charles Bronson have in common? (for you young ones below thirty, Charles Bronson was a tough guy actor who did films similar to Clint Eastwood)

Watching a cable movie last night titled "Breakheart Pass" - Charles Bronson played a character who was a US Federal Agent in the late 1800's trying to foil some bad guys.

The character's name??? John Deacon!

Can anyone else come up with a obscure link???

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An Australian man called Brian May wrote the musical score for the 6th 'Nightmare On Elm Street' movie which was titled...

Freddie's Dead: The Final Nightmare

The movie was released in 1991

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bellydancer wrote:

What do Queen and Charles Bronson have in common? (for you young ones below thirty, Charles Bronson was a tough guy actor who did films similar to Clint Eastwood)

Watching a cable movie last night titled "Breakheart Pass" - Charles Bronson played a character who was a US Federal Agent in the late 1800's trying to foil some bad guys.

The character's name??? John Deacon!

Can anyone else come up with a obscure link???

You know I have seen that film a zillion times including in the theater when it originally came out (great western/detective/mystery film btw, Love Bronson, Richard Crenna as the scumbag Senator, Jill Ireland)), and I never thought about that. Hmmmmm

xyz
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only Roger taylor i can think of off hand..is the other drummer from Duran Duran. Can't think of any film characters named Roger Taylor..or Freddie Mercury.

xyz

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes it was an excellent film Arlene!! I too saw it when it was originally released in the cinemas in the 70's - loved Charles Bronson!! Of course its an Alistair McLean story so that's why its such a good plot!! Glad to see someone else knows the movie!!

"Everybody knows that rock attained perfection in 1974-its a scientific fact" Homer Simpson

Posted: 25 May 05, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was just doing a Google search on "Freddie Mercury" to see if I could come up with another obscure link - check this out!!

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity_interviews/46382004.htm

DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts

Posted: 25 May 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rrright, I always knew those bastards were ripping off Queen but that's just ridiculous!! How many more people are going to think they can contact dead celebrities from beyond the grave? Which reminds me, I met Brandon Lee the other day :P

P.S. bellydancer - love the sig ;)

Dicky Hart user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 467 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

theres a guy called roger taylor who writes sci-fi books.
And our roger likes Sci-fi.

Give me a good guitar and you can say that my hairs a disgrace.
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 05, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a weird link, but it has nothing to with Queen...
In this old show, there was this man, and he had the exact same name of one of my sister´s stuffed animal ( observataion, I was the one who named the toy ), Teddy Cole!
It might seem dumb, but it sure freaked me out! :-P

-Things Have Changed For Me-