Forums > Queen - General Discussion > My Chemical Romance

forum rss feed
Author

OgreBattleField1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
OgreBattleField1980
Bohemian: 503 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well , I just got finished watching their video for their song Helena. I must say even though the music is un Queenlike. I can surely see this guy who fronts them took a few tips from Mr Mercury himself .. of course the Mercury in which i speak of is the 1970s long hair glamourous Freddie ... I give props to the lead singer of My Chemical Romance for not just his looks but for the way he interprets the song when put to video his actions speak for itself.

Ogre Battle Lives FOREVER MORE!
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 26 May 05, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard a lot about My Chemical Romance and I think that their cover of Under Pressure (with The Used) was really good! It definitely introduced a lot of new people to Queen, which is always great.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

OgreBattleField1980

Posted: 29 May 05, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well i didnt mean he was like a Freddie Clone , but just the look and his actions in the video for Helena gives a sorta resemblance to Freddie .. not calling him a Freddie Clone.

Q4E user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 29 May 05, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the newspaper I got today, they got some nerve comparing System of a down to Queen. I think they're comparing the lead singer to Freddie and it says,"Is System of a Down the new Queen." What!

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts

Posted: 29 May 05, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love My Chemical Romance.. although I don't see the resemblance to Freddie.. oh well, they play good music :-)

OgreBattleField1980

Posted: 29 May 05, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Q4E wrote:

In the newspaper I got today, they got some nerve comparing System of a down to Queen. I think they're comparing the lead singer to Freddie and it says,"Is System of a Down the new Queen." What!

Q4E , where are ya from? I think that newspaper that said that hires drones from outer space to do its articles wouldnt you agree? Though I like system of a down , Queen they are not! Systems music is way too heavy and the lyrics are wayyyy too simple to even come close to Queens complexity I think. Also , System of a downs lyrics can be down right morbid and sometimes stupid. Where as Queens music is rather sensible and kinda relaxes the soul in some instances , on the other hand Queen also has some tunes that can make the adrenaline soar thru the roof. But in no way can Queen be like system or vice versa , its a rediculous thought.

Q4E user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OgreBattleField1980 wrote:

Q4E wrote:

Q4E , where are ya from? I think that newspaper that said that hires drones from outer space to do its articles wouldnt you agree? Though I like system of a down , Queen they are not! Systems music is way too heavy and the lyrics are wayyyy too simple to even come close to Queens complexity I think. Also , System of a downs lyrics can be down right morbid and sometimes stupid. Where as Queens music is rather sensible and kinda relaxes the soul in some instances , on the other hand Queen also has some tunes that can make the adrenaline soar thru the roof. But in no way can Queen be like system or vice versa , its a rediculous thought.

I'm from N.Y, The person who wrote that must not know anything about Queen. It's a really bad comparison.