Silly topic, but important no less.
This one is about musicians who chopped their hair at the height of their careers and how such clipping altered their band's sound, or at least made them look better.
1. Freddie -- of course -- He chopped the mane, grew the stache and fagged out on 'Hot Space'
(which is a great album BTW).
2. Roger Daltrey -- Chopped the Sampson curls for McVicar -- Pete shaved his beard -- and their sound changed dramatically on 'Face Dances' that brought them into the 80's
3. Lindsey Buckingham -- 1979 -- snip, snip, snip, -- off went the beard and the long curls, and all the chicks in the band were ll lusting over for him See any album cover from this period). Notice how their 80's releases, including his solo albums, became much less earthy and folky and much more streamlined, polished and characteristic of the glossy production associated with Fleetwood Mac
4. Rob Halford --early 80's he chopped it when all the Metaller were still wearing big hair.
5. Glen Frey chopped it off and landed a role on Miami Vice (God I'm dating myself). And Don Henly (another Eagle) started lookin' more James Dean-ish.
Anyway--I wonder how Queen's sound would change if Brian chopped off his fro -- Would he start playing more jazz chords?