Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Robert Plant + Roger Taylor 22.06.1983 In Tube

forum rss feed
Author

djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 05, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who can tell me about the above collaboration. I can't sem to find any info on it (haven't looked really hard, just thought I'd use the wealth of knowledge here first) :)

I also just read that Robert Plant was very recently on the Jools Holland (I think that's the name) show doing some tracks from his new album, and Roger was the drummer. Anyone see this?


djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 05, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have some vague recollection of Roger appearing on the tube playing drums for jimmy nail...someone put me right please


go deo na h√Čireann
djaef user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 887 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 05, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JohnMercury wrote:

Roger wasn't the drummer!!!! It was some studio session drummer, you know, the types that have no bands, and play for solo artists.



It's just that I have seen several bootlegs for this concert, all quoting it as Robert Plant and Roger Taylor. Or are you trying to suggest there is a session drummer running around called Roger Taylor?


djaef - Queen fan since 1678, after the Dorog concert!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 May 05, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Could it perhaps be the Roger Taylor from Duran Duran?


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 May 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger did play with Robert Plant in 1983.

Roger did Not play with Robert Plant on Jools Holland.

dj asked two questions, and the second one was subsequently answered.

dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 May 05, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

robert plant's band at the mo is called strange sensation. i saw jules holland and that was the band he played with. it wasn't roger.
however i have seen roger at some indian music awards miming to led zeppelin's rock and roll with page and plant


we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 May 05, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dimcyril wrote:

robert plant's band at the mo is called strange sensation. i saw jules holland and that was the band he played with. it wasn't roger.
however i have seen roger at some indian music awards miming to led zeppelin's rock and roll with page and plant


I have that mimed performance on video

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 05, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

dimcyril wrote:

robert plant's band at the mo is called strange sensation. i saw jules holland and that was the band he played with. it wasn't roger.
however i have seen roger at some indian music awards miming to led zeppelin's rock and roll with page and plant


I have that mimed performance on video


I have that mimed (???) performance on audio

kerfuffle87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 419 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 05, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B><font color=#ff7f00>Brenski</B> wrote:

i have some vague recollection of Roger appearing on the tube playing drums for jimmy
nail...someone put me right please


that may be the video 'love don't live here anymore' where Roegr made guest appearance.


"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open" - Sir James Dewar
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

dimcyril wrote:

robert plant's band at the mo is called strange sensation. i saw jules holland and that was the band he played with. it wasn't roger.
however i have seen roger at some indian music awards miming to led zeppelin's rock and roll with page and plant


I have that mimed performance on video


I have that mimed (???) performance on audio

I have none!!

TAke care

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 May 05, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

Serry... wrote:

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

dimcyril wrote:

robert plant's band at the mo is called strange sensation. i saw jules holland and that was the band he played with. it wasn't roger.
however i have seen roger at some indian music awards miming to led zeppelin's rock and roll with page and plant


I have that mimed performance on video


I have that mimed (???) performance on audio

I have none!!

TAke care


LOL.

Mind you, the video I have is a bit poor in quality