forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 05, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, Brian has a tenosynovitis as a result from overstraining his fingers on the tour. This is painful and it can take very long to heal. Let's hope he gets better soon, it would be a high price to pay for the tour if he is left with much pain for a long time.

I do not want any google ads here.

Mr. Farenheit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmmm....Im a guitar player for 30+ years (yea i know...good for me),,,,,Im certainly no Brian May, but.....I can play for 8-10 hours at a time...including demanding acoustic fingerpicking.....with zero pain. Im 45....I know Brian is older, but.....seems odd that he cant play for a few hours a day (at most).....methinks I smell an excuse for no more touring brewing.

Or perhaps all the playing he did when he was younger is catching up with him at his current age?

Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Farenheit wrote:

Hmmmm....Im a guitar player for 30+ years (yea i know...good for me),,,,,Im certainly no Brian May, but.....I can play for 8-10 hours at a time...including demanding acoustic fingerpicking.....with zero pain. Im 45....I know Brian is older, but.....seems odd that he cant play for a few hours a day (at most).....methinks I smell an excuse for no more touring brewing.

Or perhaps all the playing he did when he was younger is catching up with him at his current age?

or maybe you've no idea what you're talking about b'cause you didn't had a heavy tour at the age of 57

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hankster wrote:

Mr. Farenheit wrote:

or maybe you've no idea what you're talking about b'cause you didn't had a heavy tour at the age of 57

Let´s not start a discussion here. We heve diferent bodyes and what works for one may not work for the other. But it´s strange that he´s suffering because his music is not very demanding (Allan Holdsworth has the same age as Brian and no one and i mean NO ONE, young or older, can match this guy.)

What i think happened was Brian worryied so much for the details of the tour, because he´s a perfeccionist, that probably he wouldn´t warm up correctly because the lack of time. The Key for a good guitar player and hand health is to warm up correctly, and if you have 57 years this becomes even more true.

TAke care

P.S: Sometimes, if you didn´t warm up, it takes just one song to ruin your hand completelly.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well then....I hope his wife is giving him some, other wise he is gonna have some problems...

MY GOD spell it write.
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Farenheit wrote:

...methinks I smell an excuse for no more touring brewing.

Paging Agent Mulder ... Agent Mulder, white courtesy phone ...

Blow it out your ass.
Dicky Hart user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 467 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

now, play a wee bit of guitar and am not any good by any means, having not heard anything from the tour yet, is it possible he was playing stuff in a different key cos of Rodgers voice, Your fingers get a 'memory' if ya like. These new keys could be a stretch, he has'nt done in a while.
Just a thought.

Give me a good guitar and you can say that my hairs a disgrace.
tupincs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He doesn't need to make up stories like this just to cancel the tour. It was a succes. I personally can believe him.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

Well then....I hope his wife is giving him some, other wise he is gonna have some problems...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
William- do you ever think about anythging else? ;)

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL @ William! :-)

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

Well he's got 2 hands.

Keep Good Company
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RohemianBapsody wrote:

wstüssyb wrote:

Well he's got 2 hands.

And with all that tour money, surely he could hire someone for that. Give his hands a bit of a rest.

Blow it out your ass.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

wstüssyb wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
William- do you ever think about anythging else? ;)

LOL I was just going to say that but you did it already!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

Mr. Farenheit wrote:

...methinks I smell an excuse for no more touring brewing.

Paging Agent Mulder ... Agent Mulder, white courtesy phone ...

It's a conspiracy I tell you! Actually, my sentiments exactly. Paging Dr.....Spin!!!!

xyz
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

Yeah that ought to warm Bri up plenty. Also ought to limber up his whatever the hell you call it that I can't pronounce...Probably made it up!

Oh...it took a minute and then I realized what you meant in answering that he can't use his hand.

I've gone blind!!!! Oh..sorry, that's what would happen if Brian used his hand!!!! Lol!

xyz