Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Other bootlegs on ebay

forum rss feed
Author

Gillian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 05, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Take a look at the following link:
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2334&item=4733745791&rd=1 for Sheffield gig.
The seller sais: "This concert at Sheffield was the one chosen to be recorded for a DVD of the tour to be released in September, so the band members AND the sell-out audience ensured it was a concert to remember, and believe me... it was - I was there stood right next to the stage and catwalk!"
Item sold by andrews1977football...
What else can I say?
It's a shame to see this kind item for sale out on e-bay... Don't you think they should have (and apply) stricted rules againgst bootlegs?
What do you think?
Cheers,
Linda.

What good amid these, O me, O life?

That you are here - that life exists and identity, that the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse - Walt Whitman
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Squeal on him.

Blow it out your ass.
Headlong24 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 30 May 05, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People get so excited about theses things, I mean It's only a bloody bootleg
Freddie Mercury 1982

Play The Game
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the funk black album...blah blah but we didn't lose our rock'n roll feeling ok? this is called...Staying...Power...

lots of people get money from bootlegs!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Brettles user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've just come across another item on eBay, selling exactly the same thing with exactly the same description by a different eBayer!!

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7518687011&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

In fact... I'll tell you the truth... the person selling that is ME! So Gillian, stop moaning - I paid £90 for my ticket off eBay to enable me to go see Queen+PR at Sheffield. If ticket touts can make twice the ticket value on eBay, then why the hell can't I get my ticket price back selling a bootleg of the concert??

I, or the other bloke who's knicked my description of the concert ("This concert at Sheffield was the one chosen to be recorded for a DVD of the tour" - yes, that's mine), are doing no harm in selling this, and if you're telling me that you wouldn't buy a bootleg of a concert that you'd been to, then you're bullshitting.

Besides, the money that I've made off this bootleg and also off photographs of the concert that I've been selling on eBay is only going to be used to purchase my concert ticket, train ticket and accomodation for the Hyde Park concert anyway - what's so wrong with that?

I look forward to your reply Gillian, or anyone else who wishes to slate me for doing this!

Have a nice day!

pirrakitas user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's put it this way. It is far easier for me to pay 20 or 30 euros for the Vienna DVD (offers anyone?) if I see it on ebay than figure out what to offer to a trader, when all that I have it is also owned by such trader. So personally I am not against ebay sales, but I understand that many people are.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brettles wrote:

I've just come across another item on eBay, selling exactly the same thing with exactly the same description by a different eBayer!!

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7518687011&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

In fact... I'll tell you the truth... the person selling that is ME! So Gillian, stop moaning - I paid £90 for my ticket off eBay to enable me to go see Queen+PR at Sheffield. If ticket touts can make twice the ticket value on eBay, then why the hell can't I get my ticket price back selling a bootleg of the concert??

I, or the other bloke who's knicked my description of the concert ("This concert at Sheffield was the one chosen to be recorded for a DVD of the tour" - yes, that's mine), are doing no harm in selling this, and if you're telling me that you wouldn't buy a bootleg of a concert that you'd been to, then you're bullshitting.

Besides, the money that I've made off this bootleg and also off photographs of the concert that I've been selling on eBay is only going to be used to purchase my concert ticket, train ticket and accomodation for the Hyde Park concert anyway - what's so wrong with that?

I look forward to your reply Gillian, or anyone else who wishes to slate me for doing this!

Have a nice day!

I'd love to slate you, but it so hard to slate the lowest of the low, it's like slating garbage when you already know it's worthless.

MY GOD spell it write.
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brettles - Your scam is based on taking advatage of the ignorance and generosity of others. You take a concert that you downloaded for free, and sell it for an inflated price.

How does this differ from ticket touts? Concert tickets are not usually available for free, but bootlegs are usually available for free via download.

So, how does it feel to be sleazier than a ticket tout?

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I'd love to slate you, but it so hard to slate the lowest of the low, it's like slating garbage when you already know it's worthless."

Excuse me Sir, but who the hell are you to call me 'the lowest of the low' and 'worthless' - what gives you the right? Do you have any? Do you know me?

For your information, I am a 17 year old student studying for my A-levels. When I found out that Queen+PR were touring, I couldn't give up the opportunity to go and see them. Unfortunately, by the time I rang the arena up to try and purchase tickets, they had already sold out. So my only option was to pay far above the origional asking price on eBay.

As you can probably imagine, £90 for a student is a hell of a lot of money, but it was worth it.

After going to the concert at Sheffield, I decided to try and get to Hyde Park if I could get the necessary funds together. Living in Yorkshire, it was going to be quite a struggle alone to even get down London for a low cost.

When I realised that I could raise some of the funds using eBay, I set about doing it. I haven't done it to be greedy, haven't done it to con people out of their money. I have done it simply so I can go and see the band I love once more.

Now if you can tell me what I have done wrong by doing this, then please set about doing so.

But DON'T set about calling me vicious names like you just have done so without good cause and intention, as really, you are narrow-minded for coming into this topic, throwing abuse at me, without any real knowledge of me.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle,

Again, for the narrow-minded arseholes who make comment without really looking or asking for the facts, I didn't download the bootleg for free. I myself used my (Quote from you) "ignorance and generosity" to purchase the bootleg CD off eBay.

Also, since I've made just short of £100 out of this 'scam', I haven't even touched the funds needed to get down London to see Queen+PR. This will barely cover my concert and train ticket, never mind the over-priced accomodation in London.

I don't know if you recognise this, but it's hardly in the same league as to the money ticket touts make on eBay, often making £100's profit on each transaction for sought after tickets.

So to call me sleazier than a ticket tout would be a bit of an over-statement don't you think? I do.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So not only are you sleazy, you are stupid enough to pay for a concert off e-bay that has been available for free download (see link).

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q_FORUM_ID=4&Q_FORUM_NAME=Sharing+The+Music+-+Announce&TOPIC_SUBJECT=ANNOUNCE%3a+Sheffield+2005-05-09+(Flac)&Q=534779&page=1

Obviously, you know about Queenzone, so I do not see why you originally bought Sheffield instead of downloading it.

You think it is ok to take advantage the generosity of those who donate concerts for free download?

You think that taking advantage of the ignorance of others by price-gouging them for something that is available for free?

I know in the big scheme of things that this scam is not a mortal sin, but you cannot tell me that your scam is a legitimate, upstanding enterprise.

I still think you are sleazier than a ticket tout, although on a smaller scale.

I must admit, you have courage to come to Queenzone and try to defend your actions.

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle,

Of course I am going to defend my actions against you. I have every right to.

I think one point you're missing is that I did actually buy the CD off eBay because I wanted a lasting memory of the amazing concert I had experienced. I didn't buy the CD with the intention of selling it on.

Fair enough, maybe I am taking advantage of peoples ignorance by selling this on eBay, but with the amount of money I have spent on eBay for overpriced items including tickets and concert bootlegs, photographs of concerts and the likes, my concience is clear.

As I have previously stated, my intentions are not unmoral or unethical, my intentions are simply to make enough money to get me down London to see the Hyde Park concert. After all, I am not forcing these fanatical Queen-ies and eBayers to buy my item am I? They are simply buying it because they want a memory of the concert, just as I did. I simply used my brain to realise that I could use eBay to my advantage.

So on the whole you think I am a wrongdoer by taking part in the big scam that is eBay. Do you really think I would begrudge myself going to see the best live band ever (maybe me being biased) once more, simply because of your comments?

Me... I don't think so somehow.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brettles -

How many concerts have you downloaded off of Queenzone?

Are you going to sell those concerts on e-bay as well?

When you ship Sheffield to the winning bidder, are you going to tell him that he could have downloaded the concert for free?

Are you going to apologize to Pokkeboot for making money off a concert that he generously downloaded for free (the same version you bought)?

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse me Sir, but who the hell are you to call me 'the lowest of the low' and 'worthless' - what gives you the right? Do you have any? Do you know me?

No, I dont know you, but from what you are saying, my comment and opinoin of you seem to be correct.
hey why argue? why dont you just ask the band what they think? Lets see if they agree that no one FORCED you to go to this show, you went, so you paid what the going rate is to go, that does not give you the right to sell a bootleg of the show.
A even better Idea, why not state in your ebay, you can d/l this wonderfull show for free, or just buy the CD from you? sounds like a great Idea.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think we should make a user name and sell these on ebay, 1,000 of them, for 50 cents each show.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle,

As regards Question #1 from you, I haven't downlaoded any concerts off Queenzone. To be totally honest, I didn't know this facility was available, but if I did download any, I wouldn't sell them on eBay. This wouldn't be fair on the person that has placed it to be downloaded for free.

However, as regards your point made about apologising to the gentleman/ladie who placed this for free download; no, I will not apologise, because I was as gullable as the rest of the people buying my items on eBay, in that I purchased the CD myself off someone else. Therefore, it is not me been the 'unmoral' one, it is the origional person selling this CD that should apologise, if there needs to be one.

A point that I should make is how the hell do you know that this person selling them prior to me on eBay didn't actually record the concert him/herself?? There you are again Mr.Winkle - making pre-assumptions.

I look forward to your response.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But DON'T set about calling me vicious names like you just have done so without good cause and intention, as really, you are narrow-minded for coming into this topic, throwing abuse at me, without any real knowledge of me

Me Narrow minded? I think you are the new one that came here and tried to defend your self when there is a certain moral codes most of us here follow, without us, you would not be making any money, becuase this page is the place that gave that concert for FREE.
So who's narrow-minded?

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstussyb,

I didn't know that I needed rights to sell this CD on eBay... however... I'm sure you will try and prove me wrong.

And as for the Queen+PR band members, I'm sure that if you read their website, you would find that they actively support bootlegs, and even have a list of the top 100!! They see it as a way to allow fans to listen to the concerts that were never officially recorded.

As for your comment about stating on eBay that you could download this product for free... well... what would the purpose of that be?? If I did that ther'd be no chance of me going to Hyde Park would there??

Regards, Brettles.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They Support the act of "Trading" bootlegs, not really sure what the Op about downloading for free..not selling
I'm sure some one else can make the claim that Ebay does not allow bootleg selling, and many auctions have been shut becuase of that.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Again, I seem to feel the need to re-alliterate to you the point I made previously about me not MAKING money out of this so-called scam... I am simply doing it to enable me to go to the Hyde Park concert.

Is there really anything wrong with that?? I thought all you die-hard Queen fans would realise the need to ensure that you get to a once in a lifetime concert. Obviously, I was wrong.