Forums > Personal > anyone else a fan of old radio programs??

forum rss feed
Author

great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 May 05, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My favourite has to be the original two radio series of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. They were way better than the books that were based on them. Also the Goon Show. I love anything to do with Spike Milligan, and these shows showed him at his creative peak.

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold

Queenleaf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1381 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Abbott & COstello!!!!! WHeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

PS And I love lucy!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm longing to hear HHGG radio series and I have been longing to hear the goons for ages! Everyone seems to have loved them!

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it.

-Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about Radio 4's version of "Lord Of The Rings". Thirteen one hour episodes (I think) which for me was better than the films because you had to use your imagination to visualize the scenes.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenleaf wrote:

And I'm longing to hear HHGG radio series and I have been longing to hear the goons for ages! Everyone seems to have loved them!

I've got a few goons episodes on my PC, if you like I'll rapidshare them on this thread.

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold