Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Announce : New Track - Nobody Understands Me

forum rss feed
Author

cream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 May 05, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now available at www.stuartleathem.com

Freddie Mercury / Stuart Leathem

Nobody Understands Me

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does it feature Johnny K on guitar?

maybri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From where this came from? Great song but unknown at the time for me. Does have anyone infos about this one? Thanks

Posted: 31 May 05, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All instruments played by Stuart Leathem except Freddie on piano while he is singing..........

maybri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Monday 30 May 2005

Check out our sounds section for the new collaboration between Stuart and Freddie Mercury. “Nobody Understands Me” came about as a result of a re-working of a 1984 demo by the singer in Munich during the sessions for his Mr. Bad Guy Album. The demo of course has been transformed into a fresh, new track and captures Freddie on top form, weaving his vocal around Stuart’s ethereal guitar / piano / strings arrangement.

Nobody Understands Me is now available for download (check out the Sounds section) and we would love to hear your feedback through the Contact section of our site."

I´ve find this on the webside...great one! Thanks for this great Link!!!!

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For some reason it sound really spooky but i like it

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its very "freddie" very 80s but of course its great as its mr mercury. I agree its bloody spooky tho!

martinjkstones
Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a paste from some demo of LOVE ME LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW plus sample from MADE IN HEAVEN (Freddie's Version) taken from the Freddie Mercury Box Set with a new arrangements! I don't know if this was a real collaboration...

Sorry for my english! :(

Posted: 31 May 05, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i had another look at the site and it's very obvious that the harmony comes from mih but it still works very nicely as a track

sucaine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 31 May 05, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if Brian ever heard this. Feels like "Wilderness" sometimes.

slightly mad 22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 151 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this aint a real collaberation freddies's vocals are taken from a love me like there is no tommorrow outtake from the freddie mercury boxset

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the news section in stuartleathem.com explains exactly what the track is. It makes no bones about the fact that it's a re-working of a 1984 demo. Still ends up sounding very different to the original.

dougbrown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just listened to the song....
not bad. not great, but then again, wasn't a fan of freddies mr bad guy.. sorry. love the guy to bits, but just not my cup of tea that album. though it does have some brilliant songs, i just hate stuff like living on my own..

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercury's ghost will surely punish you all.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey wait a minute.

I just listened to this song, Fred's bits are great - is it possible to find this track WITHOUT all the crap that this jerk has thrown on top? That guitar doesn't even sound real. I want a turn.

Hmmm... where is this from anyway, is it some unfinished thing given a new name? I don't care anyway - if this guy is allowed to edit it and put stuff on it, so am I. I want a turn!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The original vocal can be found in the FM box set. It has Freddie mostly scat singing with the odd cohesive sentence here and there.

This new version seems to cut bits out of the original but I must admit I like it............ took me a few listens though.

I'd hardly start calling the composer a jerk for trying to create something out of a dis-used vocal.............I've certainly heard worse that's for sure!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I didn't call him a jerk because he's putting new stuff to old music! I commend him, I want to do the same!
No I called him a jerk because this sucks. The guitar sounds fake, the 'ethereal arrangement' doesn't go anywhere (well it does - it goes to hell, in a handbasket) it's just sad to hear Freddie's voice with that crap!

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay I'll put my hands up, I am a very big fan of Stuart Leathem (the composer). I have all his records and they are most definately an acquired taste! To be honest I was unsure what to expect when he decided to do something with a Freddie Mercury vocal but I guess what you end up with is a mix of two very different styles.

Leathem would never claim to be a songwriter, not that I'm aware of anyway, but he has stated many times that he is a huge admirer of Queen and I guess this was a bit of indulgence.

It's intersting to hear a spectrum of opinion on this track. I'll get in touch with him through his site if I can and see if I can get any feedback from him. Seems to be simple enough to do.............

TheWrist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it would really sound great if he would use real instruments instead of keyboard guitars and drums.
it sounds like my homeworks in music school :P

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The track is very badly mixed. And the arrangement, well, er... I do not like it at all!