Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > 1978 CONCERT A FAKE?

forum rss feed
Author

reeddr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back in 1978 I taped a Queen concert from the then KZEW 98.5 FM on my reel to reel machine. It was quite a good sound and after listening to it a few times I noticed that there had been some overdubbing added. The songs were:

We Will Rock You
It's Late (with a Get Down Make Love middle section)
Spread Your Wings
My Melancholy Blues

What shocked me was a friend sent me a CD of some Queen studio/BBC outtakes, and these exact versions were there minus the audience effects. Why would Queen fake a concert?


Keep all Good Company
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jun 05, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a BBC session, or re-recorded songs in the studio, so it wasn't a concert.

Queen didn't "fake" a concert necessarily; some radio stations added the fake crowd noises, and purported it to be live performances by Queen

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bastards. They should be cut up and given to dinnys.


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
chewing gum bum user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger is correct. Here in the Ststea the radio stations had the version with the overdubbed audiance. I remember it as a kid in 78 when I first heard it and thought it was a great show until a few years ago I obtained the BBC copy without the audience. KILLER version of We Will Rock You (fast)

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://serryfunster.narod.ru/fakes.htm

Under letter "T": "- Tracks from 1977..."

moonie user not visiting Queenzone.com
moonie
Bohemian: 389 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The audience noise was added to the BBC sessions to create a fake gig and released as a vinyl bootleg called 'No News Is Good News' which was sold as being a live show(can't remember where, I think it was middlesex 78 or something)

The rest of the disc was made up of tracks from Seattle 77


brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

craggsa wrote:

The audience noise was added to the BBC sessions to create a fake gig and released as a vinyl bootleg called 'No News Is Good News' which was sold as being a live show(can't remember where, I think it was middlesex 78 or something)

The rest of the disc was made up of tracks from Seattle 77


spot on mate - nice one!
although i can also confuse things by adding that "my middlesex 78" tape has "live in chicago" on the other side

there were also TWO different "NNIGN" boots - the one you mentioned and a NOTW live gig


go deo na h√Čireann
moonie user not visiting Queenzone.com
moonie
Bohemian: 389 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers mate.

I got NNIGN on tape years ago (when I was a kid really) and I was gutted when it turned out fake.

And to add insult to injury I already had The BBC Sessions and Mania(Seattle 77)on tape in better quality.


Ah the joys of bootleg collecting in the eighties!

chewing gum bum user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jun 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for the info Dude... good job!

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ohh, shite, one of the recordings of the Queenmafia has been leaked. This is a secret concert, only four songs where played. Both Freddie and John lost their virginity during this show, because they both went too far during this concert, only 4 songs survived during this act. This concert is also under the name: "The Cum and Go-festival"

Date: 6.9.1977
Venue: The Metslawurders-Scouting Clubhouse
City: Metslawier (Frisian)
Country: Holland

Setlist:

1. We Will Rock You (fast) (At this time the concert was still normal, but it would change very soon...)
2. It's Late (Both John and Freddie wanted to come at the same time, but it was too late, John came earlier, so this song is a dedication to that moment)
3. My Melancholy Blues (Freddie sung this song, because he hadn't had an orgasm for 5 minutes, he was very sad at the moment.)
4. Spread Your Wings (Freddie changed the lyric in Spread Your Ass: 'Spread Your Ass and I will come inside, come inside, in your ass...')

And this is no fake, it's a genuine recording, be proud of it!





John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

Rick wrote:

Ohh, shite, one of the recordings of the Queenmafia has been leaked. This is a secret concert, only four songs where played. Both Freddie and John lost their virginity during this show, because they both went too far during this concert, only 4 songs survived during this act. This concert is also under the name: "The Cum and Go-festival"

Date: 6.9.1977
Venue: The Metslawurders-Scouting Clubhouse
City: Metslawier (Frisian)
Country: Holland

Setlist:

1. We Will Rock You (fast) (At this time the concert was still normal, but it would change very soon...)
2. It's Late (Both John and Freddie wanted to come at the same time, but it was too late, John came earlier, so this song is a dedication to that moment)
3. My Melancholy Blues (Freddie sung this song, because he hadn't had an orgasm for 5 minutes, he was very sad at the moment.)
4. Spread Your Wings (Freddie changed the lyric in Spread Your Ass: 'Spread Your Ass and I will come inside, come inside, in your ass...')

And this is no fake, it's a genuine recording, be proud of it!




HAHA,

speaking with so mutch "fun".
It isn't fun. You haven't seen the video!, I was horrified for one freaking day.


Always fun to see Rick making attemps to be funny with extroadinairy hard porn jokes. I feel so sorry for your girlfriend.


Yeah, I've gone too far this time, hey? I'm sorry for the posters who are under the 18. Just close your eyes if you don't want to read my post. Otherwise, if you want some more, I can give you more!

AAAAAAAAYYYYAAAAAAAAA!!!


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me, selfish? How can you say that??? My second personality is selfish, not me. I thought that you liked the sex that we had yesterday, probably not :-(. Ah well, back to my horse, I guess...


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

Rick wrote:

Me, selfish? How can you say that??? My second personality is selfish, not me. I thought that you liked the sex that we had yesterday, probably not :-(. Ah well, back to my horse, I guess...


No I mean who was the one who had to receive it all? I want to be the postman one time. C'mon please let me be.


Okay next time you can be the postman. :-)

*Gives big kiss to The Lord Of Darkness*


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

reeddr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The real BBC studio verisons my friend sent me are poor quality. Does anyone know where I can get good copies?


Keep all Good Company