Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > queen link with robbie williams at live 8

forum rss feed
Author

Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

according to queen online queen will have a live link mayby will robbie williams at this years live aid

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It has been stated that Robbie wants to sing a Queen song at the event.

Would rather the current line-up does the song as it is only for Robbies ego that he is doing a Queen song.

Keep Good Company
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but I don't understand. Wouldn't it be so much better for Robbie's ego to sing his own songs? Like for example "Angels" - a song that won over "We Are The Champions" as "best song in the last 25 years" at the last Brit awards? Apparently, he likes Queen songs, that's good for him.

I do not want any google ads here.

Carrots Of The Piratebean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 213 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not another thread about Live 8. Give us a f*cking break please. And as for Robbie singing with Queen - its not even being confirmed that they (Queen) are gonna do anything for the event. So if they dont do anything, how can Robbie sing with them?

I'm saying nothing.....
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I fuckin' hope NOT. They finally GOT IT right with Paul (after all those Pepsis, Fives and the likes...). Please, please- not with this talentless prat!!! ANYONE but him...!

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well... Brian hasn't denied it yet, so I think It's true.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We don't need Robbie to sing for Queen + PR. We have 3 singers already. Just 'coz he wants to get the audience to sing along with him doesn't mean he should sing a Queen song.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matthew poulter wrote:

according to queen online queen will have a live link mayby will robbie williams at this years live aid

I dont think Queen are going play the instrumental versions in portugal while Robbie sing them in London, because of the delay.

I mean, for Robbie it would be easy to sing along because he would be recieving the signal in first hand, and the people of Hidde park wouldn´t notice the delay. But when Queen receive the signal back from Robbie Williams they would notice the delay (1 or 2 seconds) from what they´re playing.

We are the champions is a song of mutual interaction and to do something in this conditions would have to be really well reharsed, but it´s possible.

I think the option would be:

Queen performs the instrumental version at Lisbon and wait that everything goes allright, whithout recieving back the signal from Robbie, so they don´t hear the delay.

But i don´t think it´s going to happen, because Paul is going to do the whole set ( i hope), unless they only link to London after the show in Portugal is over, and play again WWTC. At least i would see two version on the same night.

What a great souvenir for the Portuguese fans!!

Take care

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

If Robbie Williams sings a Queen-song, I'll kill him! I'll blast his ass right off the stage with an RPG!

The headline:

"ENGLISH POP-STAR KILLED BY ROLE-PLAYING GAME!"

tee-hee

Blow it out your ass.
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Robbie Williams sings a Queen-song, I'll kill him! I'll blast his ass right off the stage with an RPG!

Well you better be prepared to stand by those fighting words...cuz Robbie keeps telling the press that he "would be thrilled" to sing WATC...as well as "Angels".

Come on the guy is a Queen stalker wannabe.

xyz

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Well you better be prepared to stand by those fighting words...cuz Robbie keeps telling the press that he "would be thrilled" to sing WATC...as well as "Angels".

Come on the guy is a Queen stalker wannabe.

Totally agree with you, i think Robbie is exagerating. The guy really wants to be Freddie Mercury, it´s insane!- It´s like one of those relationships that turn into desease. And believe me, he´s gonna do what it takes to front Queen on a future tour.

But to try recriate Freddie at Live Aid ...

Really, i think Freddie is a ghost in Robbie´s head because everybody says that he´s the second best British rock entertainer. The first is Freddie Mercury (and he´s dead for 14 years)- and notice that i say Freddie IS- because that´s the way people speack, they don´t use past senteces to describe Freddie. Freddie IS The best singuer, IS the best performer, IS...

And this IS to much to take for an ego man like Robbie to take, so perhaps he just wants to feel the power that Freddie would have on stage by turn into Freddie. Who wouldn´t love to do the same?

The diference is- Freddie just needed to be himself, while Robbie...

Take care

Posted: 04 Jun 05, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 05 Jun 05, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

I wish you luck

So do I. Now does anyone here know a terrorist willing to sell me an RPG (idiot notice: Rocket Propelled Grenade)?

Why DO people always have a go at robbie williams i think he's a great singer great entertainer i think if freddie was still alive they would have done a duet together how gud would that have sounded

Phoenix Nights Series 1
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This begs a fair question.

Do you think Robbie is at all envious of PR?

Grantcdn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen definitely shouldn't do any of their current setlist with Robbie as that's Paul's job now and he's doing a fantastic job....If Robbie wants to do a tribute to Queen on his own...that's fine by me....If Roger and Brian wanted to get up and do Let Me Entertain You or something (In addition to their current setlist) with Robbie I could be okay with it but not We Are The Champions - Paul sings that so good I like it even better I think than the original...

tomtoms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knute wrote:

This begs a fair question.

Do you think Robbie is at all envious of PR?

Yes, I think so. Robbie Williams reminds me of Norman Wisdom on a bad day whilst Paul Rodgers reminds me of a world class singer. So if I was Robbie I'd be gagging to do something with Queen, I hope Brian and Roger tell him to get lost.

Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Grantcdn wrote:

Paul sings that so good I like it even better I think than the original...

speechless ... ireally hate the PR version of WATC. He's a very good singer, he does an extremely good job on TYMD, FBG en IWIA .. but WATC is the only song he really ruines at the current tour, imho

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robbie should replace pual, he has such an amazing voice, think of all the Robbie songs he could sing at the Robbie+ Queen shows, They could sing wwry just like they did for knights tale too!
C'mon lets show our support for Robbie as the next leade singer!

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

Robbie should replace pual, he has such an amazing voice, think of all the Robbie songs he could sing at the Robbie+ Queen shows, They could sing wwry just like they did for knights tale too!

Id Like To See That Too Coz Theyd Be Playing Football Grounds And Big Concerts .But Theve Gone For Paul Now They Cant Just Kick Him Out.

Phoenix Nights Series 1
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

LMAO!!!!

It's the 2 Brit egos in the ring vying for top billing!

In this corner is Robbie Williams. Former Take That Brat and all around prat, boy band with an ego so massive his body can't carry his oversized head.

In the other corner, reigning champ, Brian May. Curly permed Guitar God, titan of spewed tiranical rants on his soapbox, re-writer of the Queen legacy.

Will it be..

..Robbie Williams+Queen Tour

..Queen +Robbie Williams Tour

And the bell rings...Ding...there go the champs, and it's a right hook, a left hook...the suspense will kill us all!

xyz