Forums > Personal > Meatloaf with the MSO

forum rss feed
Author

Teo_torriate04 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 414 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi, I've just been watching the DVD of Meatloaf with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra recorded last year. I borrowed it from the library because I noticed that it had For Crying Out Loud on it, and for all sorts of personal reasons that's my favourite track of all time. I was worried that he'd crucify it live because it's such a demanding and emotionally charged song.

Boy was I wrong !!!

It is superb! Now I know Mr Loaf is not to every ones taste, but there's surely no denying that when he gets together with the erstwhile Mr Steinman something very special happens. (I wonder, were any of our Antipodean contributors at the gig )?

I seriously recommend that if you get the chance you beg steal or borrow this DVD. It makes you wonder just what Queen could have done with some of their catalogue with a full orchestra behind them. Songs which they would never have been able to attempt normally would suddenly been possible. MOTBQ immediately springs to mind. Imagine a full orchestra playing on Innuendo or WWTLF.

Anyhoo, back to Marvin Lee Aday, listen to For Crying Out Loud and tell me it's not one of the greatest vocal performances ever.

To cast aside the fury of the battle.

To turn my weary eyes for home.
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Teo_torriate04 wrote:

Anyhoo, back to Marvin Lee Aday, listen to For Crying Out Loud and tell me it's not one of the greatest vocal performances ever.

The whole Bat Out Of Hell album has some of the greatest vocal performances ever (outside of Queen stuff that is).

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Bat Out Of Hell isn't the album (not counting compilations) with the longest consecutive stay on the charts for nothing!

classic album! but i do prefer the steinman album "bad for good" - jim-boy appearded to have saved his best material for the "rainy day" that him and meat fell out of love

BFG is a fantastic album - just didn't sell so well

go deo na h√Čireann
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got that this past Christmas, And it is one HELL of a DVD!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

I got that this past Christmas, And it is one HELL of a DVD!

what dvd? steinman?
i only got a cd - about 23 years ago!!

go deo na h√Čireann
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 03 Jun 05, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The "Meat Loaf and the MSO" DVD. Though, I'd love to have Jim too! He could help me get my album finished! :D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel