Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > the_hero is a twat

forum rss feed
Author

AdamDellon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys, a couple of weeks ago on here asked a question. I asked on which gig of the tour Queen plus Paul Rodgers played Long Away....I searched the site and couldn't find it...I was stuck so posted a message on the board. To my surprise a user called the_hero said and I quote...
"for fucks sake, search for it you lazy bugger"

More than anything I was disappointed...this really aint in the Queen spirit...we are all Queen fans and should try to help each other. So, I am giving the_hero a taste of his own medicine by sayin he's a twat...he certainly isn't a hero of mine.
Sorry if any of you guys don't agree with this.

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don`t be affended, people (including me) can be a bit harsh some time, but you can`t take it personal. Get on with it.
Just ask what you want as long as you don`t post crap.

fjac1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fjac1980
Bohemian: 283 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DON'T MAKE PROBLEMS.SOME PEOPLE IS NOT PATIENTE WHEN OTHER IS WRONGS. BUT ISN'T MEANS THAT DON'T FEEL THE "QUEEN PASSION".
DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, do you made a song called :'The_hero is a twat', that you come to share with us??? This is the ANNOUNCE-section, open your eyes.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

We Are The Champions user not visiting Queenzone.com
We Are The Champions
Bohemian: 879 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am a genuine guy myself but stay short of singling anybody out(unless I have to!) There are many twats, imbeciles, arseholes and immature people on these boards. I know of at least two who shall remain nameless.

I guess we're lucky in a way that Richard is a reasonable webmaster in allowing flexibility in people's opinions and being tolerant of the profanity etc.

I'm no angel myself, have used the F word a few times but with a reason and not just to get a laugh or be cool or something!

Negativity seems to be the "hip" thing to be on these boards with over imaginative imaginations, dreamers who turn a blind eye to reality, people who refuse to accept Paul Rodgers as lead singer..the list goes on.

I joined Queenzone to get Queen music downloads and talk with fans worldwide and now limit my visits mainly to the sharing boards.

People are entitled to their opinions and I tend to ignore ones which are offensive, stupid or just plain rude and unconstructive.

In a nutshell, I'm fairly tolerant up until to the point where it's a personal attack. Sticking up for yourself is the key and knowing when to respond and when to ignore it. Comes with maturity I guess.

We all of us deeply apologise for this god forsaken shit heap of a building...but we will make it rock.

Brian May Wembley Pavilion 11.05.05.
kyassor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AdamDellon wrote:

I asked on which gig of the tour Queen plus Paul Rodgers played Long Away....I searched the site and couldn't find it...

Don't know what words you used to search with but I typed in 'Long Away 2005' and it came up with a few threads including the one with the link to the video from the Pesaro gig.

It also came up with your original question from 'a couple of weeks ago' but it is now dated 1st June - has it been reposted ?

Maybe English is not your first language so you don't know the difference between 'Announce' & 'Request' but hopefully you will learn the meanings of these words soon.

As for The Hero, he/she seems ok to me, has put a lot of stuff on the forums that is greatly appreciated but maybe had just got fed up of people who don't post in the correct section.

Noticed in the replies to your original message there was a link to the site with the video - I guess your 'thank you ' to that member will be following on from this abuse of another ?

Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is your answer already answered ????

Pesaro 08-04-2005 song number 9, only a part

Source: www.queenconcerts.com

for the next time :)

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AdamDellon wrote:

Hi guys, a couple of weeks ago on here asked a question. I asked on which gig of the tour Queen plus Paul Rodgers played Long Away....I searched the site and couldn't find it...I was stuck so posted a message on the board. To my surprise a user called the_hero said and I quote...

More than anything I was disappointed...this really aint in the Queen spirit...we are all Queen fans and should try to help each other. So, I am giving the_hero a taste of his own medicine by sayin he's a twat...he certainly isn't a hero of mine.

Get a fuckin' shrink. the_hero is cool.

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's OK
I also take alot of abuse here, because of my views and my love for Freddie.

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

It's OK
I also take alot of abuse here, because of my views and my love for Freddie.

Me too just because I don't join in with the (he's my new hero)Rodgers arse licking brigade.

FREDDIE FOREVER!!!

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Gerolamo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Gerolamo
Royalty: 1052 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gotta say three things...

1: This topic's name is wrong
2: This topic ain't right
3: the_hero was right

Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude grow some balls and be a man. Just because he said something that didnt please you, doesnt mean you can make a topic talking shit about him.

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AdamDellon wrote:

Fucking crybaby.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah yes "the Queen spirit". All for one and one for...fuck off!!

Pile of shite.

I'm a twat, the-hero is probably a twat, you're an over-sensitive twat.

I'm over it already.

Gerolamo

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't believe this is what he gets after sharing almost all of his concerts, putting so much time in this. But hey... That's life isn't it? People get angry fast if they don't get appreciation for what they do.

I'm beginning to talk nonsense now... :P

fjac1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fjac1980
Bohemian: 283 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OOHHH.
STOP THIS.

jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Although the hero is not a twat (seeing as how his generosity has increased my catalogue immensely), I do agree that people are assholes when it comes to others asking questions in these forums. Its funny that they find it such hard work to simply type the answer to the question; moreover, if it is truly that stressful to them then they shouldn't open the link to the thread to begin with because God knows that that requires extensive effort of the right hand to operate the mouse. Judging by the topics in the forums, if the same questions and comments weren't repeated we would only have a new post every few days or so.

Gerolamo

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

fjac1980 wrote:

DON'T MAKE PROBLEMS.SOME PEOPLE IS NOT PATIENTE WHEN OTHER IS WRONGS. BUT ISN'T MEANS THAT DON'T FEEL THE "QUEEN PASSION".
DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

CAPS LOCK
Put on your red shoes and push that thing
CAPS LOCK
Not nice whenn people shouting on the message board.

Dunno what to think mr. Damon but I really think you didn't searched well enough (www.queenconcerts.com (a link is on this site).
However that is not a reason to insult people, but to be quit honest I think I would have done the same. queenzone is being floated by a new generation. This reply is not to insult, but this generation is lazy, leachy and selfish. They think this board is a playground (like the hole Holland! JohnLydon thing), and thank god YV made an end to that problem. But the first thing the new generation does is REQUESTING, leachy requesting.

Whenn I visited Queenzone for the first time (one and a half year ago), I discoverd the thing called bootleg. I never begged, asked or requested a show. I was gigantic excited about the hoel bootleg thing. I did a week to download The Rainbow concert from Kazaa. and a year later after endless rejectings searches for sites I could trade. I now got a collection of 40 DVD's and it is growing every day. That is the fun of collecting really doing your best to get some stuff, and not imediatly beg.

Lazy that is, and even beyond this face tehre are more lazy newcomers. There was one who requested "My Melonchaly Blues Live", 5 topics under his the_hero posted the Berlin '78 concert wich contains My Melonchaly Blues. lazynes, pure lazynes.

These newcomers, are slightly destroying the best queen board ever. I really miss some old posters like Jefrey and (surprisingly) Pim Derks.
Why I still visit this site?
Apart from that it has become an addiction, I made good friends and even some of my best friends here,(Sonia, Thijs, Jerome, Rick, Rafael) people I have long conversations with every day, and wich I can really have a good chat. People wich I consider as better friends than the people in "real life". I am Richard and YV very thankful for that, and as said it has becoem an addiction.

Let me add one more thing, I must say I don't COMPLETELY agree with you but... This I must say:

The same counts for the language problem. English is not a hard language to speak/type/whatsoever, and still people have the balls to speak Spanish/Purtugese/Russian and so on. I think this shows disrespect for the founder and owner of this board; Richard.

jona1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there is a lot of hostility on this site some times, people are only asking simple questions and get verbal abuse for no reason, and i have noticed it is mostly from under 25 year olds thinking they know it all. no body know's it all and there is no call for most of the verbal abuse or bad language, yes every one has there own views on things, but there is no need to put people down because of them.

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero isn't a twat. Bryan's Permed Poodle. Now there's a twat for ya.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"