Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Are Brian & Roger Doing A Prince Charles & Camilla ?

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm starting to wonder whether Brian & Roger are "testing the water" with Queen fans to see whether they would accept a relacement for Freddie. Perhaps it is their opinion that Queen fans might"soften up" and warm to Paul Rodgers during and after this tour which would then allow them to do another album and live shows under the name Queen and then install Rodgers as a more permanent fixture. If this is their mission they are succeding considering some people on here appear to idolise the ground Rodgers walks on.

Prince Charles knew the British public would never accept Camilla after Diana's death straightaway and left it many years before publicly declaring his love for her and marrying her

Do Brian and Roger want to be Queen again instead of Queen + ?

If yes, this poodle will not be fooled and I will never ever ever accept anybody else to replace Freddie.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

If yes, this poodle will not be fooled and I will never ever ever accept anybody else to replace Freddie.

Holy shit, really?

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what.

They could do a lot worse than Paul Rodgers. At least the music is alive and there would be more chances of seeingthem live.

Keep Good Company
bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank God it´s Queen + Paul Rodgers instead of Queen + Camilla Parker Bowles... She could never replace Freddie in any way...

Don´t you agree that even Charles would have taken Freddie instead of her? Even Freddie´s c**k was bigger than her´s... :-))

God save the Queen... long may she reign! ;-)

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

I'm starting to wonder whether Brian & Roger are "testing the water" with Queen fans to see whether they would accept a relacement for Freddie. Perhaps it is their opinion that Queen fans might"soften up" and warm to Paul Rodgers during and after this tour which would then allow them to do another album and live shows under the name Queen and then install Rodgers as a more permanent fixture. If this is their mission they are succeding considering some people on here appear to idolise the ground Rodgers walks on.

Prince Charles knew the British public would never accept Camilla after Diana's death straightaway and left it many years before publicly declaring his love for her and marrying her

Do Brian and Roger want to be Queen again instead of Queen + ?

I think you may be right, BPP.....

Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have a problem with the tour, and I wouldn't have a problem with them doing new material together.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem if they did drop the + PR label, 'cause I'm mature enough to recognise the difference between Queen with Freddie Mercury and Queen and Paul Rodgers.

I'd prefer it if they didn't market BM/RT/PR Queen (and I'd prefer them not to because of John as much as Fred), but it won't bother me if they do. I just hope that whatever they do is good quality and that I enjoy it.

To me, it's all about the music. And if they do good music, then great. If they do average music, then fine. If they do crap music, then fair enough, I'll acknoweldge that it's crap and say it's a shame.

That it. Life's too short. Enjoy what you can get out of it, and let the rest slide.

Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 17:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with BPP. No surprise there.

Freddie - You and Only You.!

BHM1775 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Deja Vu ????????

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Camilla and Queen..... where have I heard that before.... AHA! I remember.... its from here http://eclectech.co.uk/camillaqueen.php

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Óli Gneisti Sóleyjarson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Oberon summed up my opinion pretty well.

Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

meh, they're too old.

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Are Brian & Roger Doing A Prince Charles & Camilla?"

Oh. So many wiseass responses in intrepreting the words in this topic and so little time . . . Nope. Can't do it. Won't post any snarky responses about Prince Charles and his bride, but I've got a ton of cheap shot, rude comments pushing the limits of good form that I am keeping bottled up. Not a shot at you, BPP, or really even at Prince Charles and Camilla, but just a fun topic with which I could have a wiseass's field day.

--Crazy

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Grantcdn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think with out Freddie they will always be Queen + (which won't stop most from calling them Queen anyway).....really who cares as long as they keep touring and making new music...it's fantastic!

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 05, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't really give a bugger what they do. Like Oberon said, I can distinguish between Queen with Freddie and Queen without.
And it's not like they'll ever bother to come out here anyway (the musical went from Australia to Japan, for heaven's sake) so it makes no difference to me.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
bgordon88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing is right it's only Queen fans who are calling them Queen +PR. The press and general public are still calling them Queen.
So quite frankly they may as well use the name.

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing is right it's only Queen fans who are calling them Queen +PR. The press and general public are still calling them Queen.
So quite frankly they may as well use the name.

Last Cyborg user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like PR is gonna hang around long anyway. I'm sure he sees the 2005 tour like Christopher Eccleston sees being the new Doctor Who; something interesting to do once but then move on and not get committed to it

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...he might like the money !

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would accept Queen+Paul Rodgers to become Queen, but only with Deaky. Otherwise they can form a new band.

This can't end well.
great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 05, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bohemian777 wrote:

Thank God it´s Queen + Paul Rodgers instead of Queen + Camilla Parker Bowles... She could never replace Freddie in any way...

She's got the teeth for it!

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold