Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > How Real Queen Fans Feel

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jun 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This review just sums up why I wouldn't go to any of the Queen + Paul Rogers gigs and why it would disturt my memories of this once brilliant band.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0900entertainment/0300liveonline/tm_objectid=15495246&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=review--queen---paul-rodgers-name_page.html

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Grantcdn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 05, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man that's a load of crap.....To say "Queen was Freddie Mercury" makes you and the writer a Freddie fan only...not a Queen fan.......A Queen fan loves to hear new music and new performances from all members....again why bother with this side if your one of those that thinks Queen died in 91....Unfortunately for you and fortunately for a clear majority on this site, Queen lives on forever.....and yes if you don't want to bother going and don't like Brian's guitar playing or Rogers drumming....then the show is better off without you anyway....

RohemianBapsody user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Must have taken ages to find a review like that.

Keep Good Company
james gaden 2072 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I write reviews for a magazine and if I'd written something like "This bit was boring so I went to the loo" as part of my critique I would fast be stripped of any credibility in what I say. A reviewer is supposed to be there to give a critical report of what went on at the show - I could hardly write "couldn't talk about the first song because I was still in the bar..." By the time this person finishes prattling on about Queen was Freddie (bollocks, last time I checked Queen were a four man team), Brian's clothes and Paul Rodger's voice, she mentions hardly anything of the show. Reading her review makes it sound like they were a trio. And I don't recall anybody stating Freddie could be replaced - certainly not Brian, Roger or Paul. Only small time media hacks like this seem to see past the "Queen AND PAUL RODGERS" tag and think this is a new Queen line up.

It's pitifully obvious this woman was prejudiced toward Queen + PR before the show started. And this is hardly a reflection of how real Queen fans feel. I'm a real Queen fan and I loved the Sheffield gig. To put this review into perspective, Queen + PR has sold out every UK venue it's played with a tremendous degree of success. The DVD will chart, no question. Packed arenas full of people clapping and singing along with Paul proved Queen's music lives on. But none of that matters, because Jo Manning of "The National Website Of Wales" said "Queen was Freddie Mercury".

Perhaps she can explain why Freddie's solo LP's never sold as well as Queen's if that's the case.

JG

Mr Drowse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 791 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is not a review, it's a bad joke. The auther should have stayed in the loo.

Feed the Phoenix :)
newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think its a fairly honest account of his personal feelings, which unfortunately hes let cloud his judgement of the whole aspect of the show.
Secondly i really think that if it had been Freddie on stage he would have found something clever to say about the performance.

martinjkstones
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't we vote BPP away?? ;-)

Queen was Freddie Mercury??? Freddie would have been nowhere without Brian, Roger and John!!

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There were people who disliked Queen when they were FM, JD, RT abd BM. I really don't see anything strange by having people disliking Q+PR over the Queen as it was.

The only unusual thing is to see threads being created one after another and that useless fight between those who like it and those who don't. It's almost like someone is trying to increase the number of the posts on this forum :)

I used to love Queen (not everything, but 90% of the material). I can't say I did like for example FM solo material. I adore Barcelona, but his previous catalogue didn't really got me high. Same goes for early Rog's material. BM first solo (1983 I believe was the year, but can't remember the title right now - to lame to browse archives) was great. After FM era saw BM and RT solo material - not sure which I like more. They are OK. Q+PR saw tracks in different manner which we are used to hear them - most of them I liked and I welcome the change as I got bored to listening same things over again within years. When I pay money I pay to hear the music and what musician can do. These guys are doing right now what they can and I like it so far so I will support it by giving the money in a form of tickets, t-shirts, album(s) when become available... I think what has been shown so far is worth of it. Queen was superior to Q+PR as package, but that is the past that can't be repeated. I live in present and I wish to stay here. That's how I feel.

H
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I don't pretend to understand the workings of the journalistic mind" -- Roger Taylor, 1974

many rock journalists are simply eunuchs in a whorehouse. obviously the chap had his bowels on his mind and sh*t for brains when he wrote the review. 'Queen was Freddie Mercury' -- rubbish. BPP, you do appear to be polishing your Queenzone reputation with used toilet paper. I've read good reviews of the current tour even in American magazines -- does that tell you anything? For a Welsh publication to not even acknowledge Roger's Cornwall/Truro roots says to me the journalist doesn't really know his subject.

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
pirrakitas user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<QUOTE>Queen was Freddie Mercury??? Freddie would have been nowhere without Brian, Roger and John!!
</QUOTE>
I disagree with that sentence. Freddie had a huge talent and he was destined to be a start. But, personally I like Queen because Brian and Roger mainly, so Freddie alone or with some others would had been big, but not interesting to me (like Elton John, Michael Jackson, Robbie Williams and many other superb performers that I don't own a single song and I will never see performing life, unless they are playing with Brian and/or Roger...)

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I basically agree with BPP on this.
To me Queen was Freddie, John,Brian and Roger.
True .I have not seen Queen + PR on tour. If they
come to the States, I plan to go.

I just cannot believe Queen 2005 will be the same Queen I know and love. Hope I am proved wrong.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Sharon. There used to be a Sharon on the old Freddie Mercury solo collection notice board who was batshit insane. Was that you?

You know, good times are now.

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably.

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

I just cannot believe Queen 2005 will be the same Queen I know and love.

It won't be but it might just be a chance to experience something very special. Keep an open mind.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

Can't we vote BPP away?? ;-)

Good Lord, yes, can we PLEASE vote this guy off the island now???

Blow it out your ass.
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BPP you make me laugh you should be a comedian!!!!!!

if we get rid of BPP who will we call names and laugh at :0D

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G listen to Linda Of The Valley once you've seen them then you can pass judgment but until that day comes believe me and everyone else the show will be mind blowing

BHM1775 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How long is this SHIT going to go on.
I suppose if the guys tour the USA we'll get a few months out of that .........

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know something? There's been a lot of rumours lately, about a certain band called Queen. The rumours are that we're going to split up, what do you think?
They're talking from here! My apologies, but I say what I want. You can forget those rumours, we're going to stay together until we fucking well die, I assure you.

until we fucking well die.... seems he thought there was more to Queen then just him........

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I am understanding is that most people would prefer me and BPP to just go away. Is this correct?