Forums > Personal > question

forum rss feed
Author

nani user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jun 05, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all,

I am a really old person as fans go. Is there a biography larger than the one on line about Freddie and or the whole group out in the universe? I am 55 and remember Queen from day one. (I can also tell you where I was when Kennedy and Martin Luther King got shot.)
I and my friends loved the music but were busy raising kids. Now I have time and a great stereo and would like to learn. Can anyone here point me to books or links that can bring me up to speed? Of course I know all the music I am just short on biography of the people.

Thanks,

Nani

nani
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the authorized biography, look for _As It Began_. Co-written by the fan club president and a noted Queen expert, it gives a general story of the band members, though it is avoids any controversy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64263&item=8309754904&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It's long out-of-print, so ebay is probably your best chance of finding a copy.

There are several other unauthorized bios or books written by associates, many of dubious quality. Jim Hutton, Freddie's last partner, wrote _Mercury and Me_, while Peter Freestone, Freddie's personal assistant, wrote _Freddie Mercury: An Intimate Memoir_.

There have been several threads discussing various Queen books. You might try searching for them for additional information.

And where were you on November 22, 1963 and April 4, 1968?

DJ's the man we love the most
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where were you when Kennedy and King were shot? And Lennon?
Questions!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!