forum rss feed
Author

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well well, well.....perhaps ALL those people around here who have constantly dissed Bono for his "huge ego" and "self importance" might like to admit that they have been a little judgemental of the fella....

it appears today that The Chancellor, Gordon Brown) has finally got the international Green light to write-off ALL African debt...this is a huge step for the future of the continent

The wiser amongst us might remember that THE one Rock star who got involved in this campaign early on and was sincere enough to see it through was Paul Hewson (aka Bono) - even pleading with the Labour Govt at the 2004 annual party conference

February – Italian campaign launch
February – Jubilee 2000 campaigns mark 45th anniversary of 1953 London Agreement, Germany's post WWII debt cancellation
March – launch of Jubilee 2000 All Party Parliamentary Group in UK
April – launch of Jubilee 2000 Afrika campaign, Accra, Ghana
April – U2's Bono joins the campaign

Christ! was it seven years ago? - this guy really is a fucking hero - and a beligerant one at that....i don't care how fucking arrogant here may appear, he's genuine, and HAS helped to make a difference

go deo na hÉireann
DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't say I'm surprised it all paid off - I always thought people were a little rough on old Bono...

Cheers

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would I diss Bono? he is doing a Corr chick, Im actually cheering him on!

MY GOD spell it write.
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

Why would I diss Bono? he is doing a Corr chick, Im actually cheering him on!

really?
my hat goes off to him then

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, Bono's been married since 1982!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like Bona he's used his fame for the right reasons and is trying to help the world he does go to far but he respects people he also hates it like our Freddie when people refer to U2 are his

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To be honest - whenever Bono says we should do something, my instinct would be to do the exact opposite.

His music is depressing, his voice is whining, his opinions deeply hypocritical.

He's supposed to be a rock star for Flashy's sake. So Bono, if you're reading this, which you surely are - stop being such a fucking moralistic hippy, sing us one of your shit songs and fuck off.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I posted this in a Mr Jingles topic called " who could resist" a while ago but it's probably just a rumor...

"Rumor mill in Dublin is that Andrea Corr and Bono had an affair a while back. I work just down the road from his Hotel The Clarence in Temple bar and the security gaurd at work works as a bouncer on the door of the hotel at the weekends and he is the one who told me the story but i done a little bit of investigating myself...My boyfriend works for vodafone as an account manager so he can check anything regarding phone accounts and i got him to look up Mr Heustons account and guess who Bono's "Phone a friend for free "is, not his wife not his brother you guessed it Andrea Corr"... Suspect.... xx aisha xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
brENsKi

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aisha Sweetness wrote:

I posted this in a Mr Jingles topic called " who could resist" a while ago but it's probably just a rumor...

"Rumor mill in Dublin is that Andrea Corr and Bono had an affair a while back. I work just down the road from his Hotel The Clarence in Temple bar and the security gaurd at work works as a bouncer on the door of the hotel at the weekends and he is the one who told me the story but i done a little bit of investigating myself...My boyfriend works for vodafone as an account manager so he can check anything regarding phone accounts and i got him to look up Mr Heustons account and guess who Bono's "Phone a friend for free "is, not his wife not his brother you guessed it Andrea Corr"... Suspect.... xx aisha xx

smells of the sweet(aishasweetness) aroma of bullshit so:-
- you come form dublin
- you have ALL these contacts
- one of which works at vodaphone
- and you couldn't even spell his name correctly?

either you checked the wrong geezer - or you are so full of shit it's unbelievable

it's Hewson - Paul David Hewson. Born: May 10, 1960 in Dublin, Ireland

now crawl back to whichever turd-related hole you crawled out of....

go deo na hÉireann
Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wanker...i used to like/respect you cause your prob the only poster who has liked for longest and knows most about the band, fuck off so i made a spellimg mistake in my post... it's wankers like you who make posting on queenzone a NASTY experience. I was just trying to explain to Marial-B that it was me who wrote the post that wstussyb was referring to.

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have always and still adore, respect, and admire Bono for all that he does.

You may say that he's arrogant...but The Pope, World leaders, prime ministers meet with him and LISTEN to him. Now he actually gets this new financial aid done too.

I heard Bob Geldof say that he really wasn't up for doing Live 8...but BONO kept imploring..and pestering him to do it..So Bono is as much responsible for Live 8 as Geldof.

Bono is no bulls**t mouthpiece who talks to hear himself talk. He takes action, he gets world leaders to take action. He cares about the troubles of the people of the world and so he acts upon it.

It may seem boing to some of you that he constantly goes off about the world's social ills,
but at least he CARES and he DOES something about it. Sometimes he does seem arrogant...

But more often than not, he is passionate and zealous in fighting the good fight...and that is a GOOD and NOBLE thing. He also uses his celebrity, fame, power...WISELY and for a good cause, instead of spending his time trashing hotel rooms and giving the tabloids material to talk about another wasted, self indulgent, hedonistic rock star on an endless self destructive spiral of excess, drugs, parties, orgies, etc.

None of you complain about the rockers who do THAT, but so many of you complain about Bono, or Geldof, who do the RIGHT thing.

Gee, you sure have your priorities in order.

xyz
brENsKi

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aisha Sweetness wrote:

wanker...i used to like/respect you cause your prob the only poster who has liked for longest and knows most about the band, fuck off so i made a spellimg mistake in my post... it's wankers like you who make posting on queenzone a NASTY experience. I was just trying to explain to Marial-B that it was me who wrote the post that wstussyb was referring to.

don't criticse me for your error - it wasn't even a small mistake >>> Hewson/Heuston you got more than 33% of a six-letter name wrong!!!
you come from dublin and claim to have "dirt" on Bono - well your sources can't be completely kosher if you can't even spell his name right - and "everyone knows someone, who's uncle used to wash the car of so-and-so's aunt's dog's kennel manager who once met Bono at a G8 summit"

and no, i don't know lots about the band...queen or U2 - and i have never claimed to either, i'm into both bands - but that doesn't make me "the knowledge" read my comments in the post re "who scott mercury thinks the real queen fans are" in "serious discussion" - i don't claim anything i'm not, and i speak as i find - i can't help it if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about/can't spell/can't type* - ffs - "U" and "t" are nowhere near "W" on the keyboard - lighten up - and don't dis me for your typing/bullshit/spelling* issues.

* delete as applicable

go deo na hÉireann
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sonia....we need cookies. QUICK!

xyz
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like Bozo.. I mean Bonafide Bozo... or is that Bono.. Anyway.. I never cared for him... but I will say this.. if he is part of this getting the debt taken care if, he just earned a recheck into his case... I always thought U2 was lame.. but then again I was such a hard core Queen fan that I never saw the cookies under my nose.. so to speak.. since I left the fan club behind I have started to listen to bands that I thought were inferior to Queen.. and guess what I found.. they were pretty damn good...

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

actually I DO feel shitty.. but I think it was that moldy cheese sandwich I ate for lunch..

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Leppar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 236 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh please - can't someone just rip those glasses off his face and just smash them. He isn't even rock - just a pathetic pop act, and to call him a legend we may as well call Britney a legend (Well, perhaps a bit more - she IS better than Bono). He whines about "crumbs off our table" when what does he donate? He asks us to donate when he has more than enough money than he could EVER want, but no he just dissappears into his limosine laughing.

The real heroes are the ones actually IN third world countries who are actually HELPING and getting their hands dirty and don't boast about it to sell records (Unlike Bono).

To call Bono arrogant is a VAST understatement. He is a prat.

Don't call me gigolo, don't call me Casanova

Just call me on the phone and baby come on over!

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Leppar wrote:

Oh please - can't someone just rip those glasses off his face and just smash them. He isn't even rock - just a pathetic pop act, and to call him a legend we may as well call Britney a legend (Well, perhaps a bit more - she IS better than Bono). He whines about "crumbs off our table" when what does he donate? He asks us to donate when he has more than enough money than he could EVER want, but no he just dissappears into his limosine laughing.

The real heroes are the ones actually IN third world countries who are actually HELPING and getting their hands dirty and don't boast about it to sell records (Unlike Bono).

To call Bono arrogant is a VAST understatement. He is a prat.

Oh sure.. this is coming from a guy that likes DEAF LEOPARD...

BTW.. Hi Hugo.. long time no see.. :)

Leppar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 236 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on Mike, Def Leppard are without a shadow of a doubt one of (If not THE :P) best bands ever.

U2 on the other hand are mediocre at best.

Don't call me gigolo, don't call me Casanova

Just call me on the phone and baby come on over!
brENsKi

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

do you actually know what he has/hasn't donated?
if you know he hasn't then fair dos - if you don't know then shut up judging him!!!

and why isn't he a hero? he's campaigned and argued and protested in all the important places to get £33bn of African debt eradicated

let's face a fact or two here....most (and when i say most i mean nearly all) of the Live Aid and other charity money to hit africa since 1985 has been used up by those countries just to pay the interest payments on the £33bn of debts they owe the worldbanks...so the aid has not often got to those that need it

now, after seven years of campaigning (by many, Bono included) the debts have been wiped....and the aid from charities etc can finally get to those that need it, rather than fucking interest payments

the "drop the debt" campaign has achieved much more than any other strategy in the last 20 years

for that he (THEY ALL) should be applauded...give him a break,

go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Leppar wrote:

Come on Mike, Def Leppard are without a shadow of a doubt one of (If not THE :P) best bands ever.

U2 on the other hand are mediocre at best.

"DON'T SERENADE NO FIRE BRIGADE" - YEAH PRICELESS!! heehee

i like leppard but they ain't masters of their artform by some distance

go deo na hÉireann