Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Karaoke - Which Have YOU Sang?

forum rss feed
Author

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jun 05, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't fool me, you've wanted to prance about like the Frederator for a while now.
Question is, have you? And if so, to which tunes?

In Grade 9, before I got sucked into Queensanity, I sang "Fat Bottomed Girls" at a school event. It was the only one I kinda knew. I fucked up VASTLY. And yet, I still won NBA tickets. Go figure...

Fastforward a year to Grade 11, where I chose to do Radio Ga Ga. Was actually on-key. Even did a little prancing. Kinda hard to do without the full mic stand, tho'.

And just a few days ago, I mangled Hammer to Fall for a presentation in English.

All things considered, I'll keep doing it. My voice does sound kinda like Freddie's...except I'm three octaves lower...and with 1.5 octaves less range...

Oh, the foibles of a 6'4" permanently-baritone Queen fan...

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suigi wrote:

Don't fool me, you've wanted to prance about like the Frederator for a while now.
Question is, have you? And if so, to which tunes?

In Grade 9, before I got sucked into Queensanity, I sang "Fat Bottomed Girls" at a school event. It was the only one I kinda knew. I fucked up VASTLY. And yet, I still won NBA tickets. Go figure...

Fastforward a year to Grade 11, where I chose to do Radio Ga Ga. Was actually on-key. Even did a little prancing. Kinda hard to do without the full mic stand, tho'.

And just a few days ago, I mangled Hammer to Fall for a presentation in English.

All things considered, I'll keep doing it. My voice does sound kinda like Freddie's...except I'm three octaves lower...and with 1.5 octaves less range...

Oh, the foibles of a 6'4" permanently-baritone Queen fan...

I've done We Will Rock You - intermixed with a snippet from Somebody To Love, the drum beat with "find me, somebody to love, find me..."etc. leading into Rock You.

Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh please, i'd be far too embarassed.

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't done Queen karoke around other people yet, but I'm looking forward to that day when i do....:)

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a Dutch bar, the night before a Dutch convention.

There was a group of UK fans all drinking together.

It was messy....

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when i lived in the hot state of arizona every bar is a karaoke bar. i got to sing BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. this one lady came up to me and said that was the best i've heard someone sing that song. i was surprised to her that from that lady. i sang it because i love freddie so much. i gave it my best. i had tears in my eyes at the last vocal. thinking of FREDDIE at wembley. i also sang RADIO GA GA. i told my friend to do the claping during the chorus part. he didn't get it. "OH WELL". when i talk to the same friend he sings BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY at the bars he goes to. at least he's keeping it alive.

"EVERY WAY THE WIND BLOWS."

shannon sweet
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Japan has released this 2 disc set of Queen Karaoke.. and I have sang EVERY song on it.. AT LEAST once.. sure there will NEVER be a repeat of me doing Flash, or Under PRessure.. come to think of it I really don't think I will be doing any of them anymore.. besides Tie Your Mother Down.. Which I seem to do a VERY good job on, and You're My Best Friend.. as a promise to my Girlfriend.. after that I will hang up my vocal cords and try something more daring.. ok.. maybe not.. but I will hang up my Queen singing.

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
FreDRicca_MeRcUrY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a kind of magic and the show must go on and OMG the freak queen fan i is i sucked...stone cold crazy and fat bottomed girls next!

"I'm a wild flower. Somtimes looking quite wonderful in a collection of arrangement but also beautiful when standing alone.
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" Everyone survived. There were no casualties.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.

Posted: 11 Jun 05, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I also did Crazy Little Thing!
Kinda forgot to mention that 'un.
Of course, my voice being so much lower than Freddie's, people thought I was singing an Elvis tune.

Ouchies.

That being said, I am slowly amassing the MP3s of said karaoke disc.
Might even seed them, if I have the bandwidth and chance.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I finished school we had a leavers' dinner for my year, with a karaoke machine. My friend and I had downed a bottle of red before we left for it and so by the time we got ther (by bus - we did NOT drive) we were pretty loaded. As it happened, we decided that it would be a great idea to get a bunch of teachers (one of whom was my boyfriend's dad) together to sing We Are the Champions with us at the end of the night. And we did, and it was marvellous. A great memory of finishing school.
Good times.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 05, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just remember that i did an imitation of Queen to Bohemian Rhapsody last October at a party, with a couple of my friends with inflatable instruments, i was on guitar and vocals, that is a great memory. :)

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 05, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers is singing karaoke with Queen right now.

You and only you Freddie!
We love and miss you

RIP 1991

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please stop saying that every time we talk about the Frederator and PR.
It's a nice sentiment, but it's shared by EVERYONE on this board, and thus does not need repeating.
Thank you.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 441 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hard_Rocker wrote:

I was at my friends B-day party, and she had karaoke set up, so I did 'Keep Yourself Alive', (me and my friends love Queen, so everybody knew the song) and with my long brownish hair and my voice(i have a deep voice for a girl) my friends told me i looked and sounded like Freddie. (I actually think i look like a mix between Freddie and John.)

Cant you record a version of that? i havent heard many sound like Freddie Mercury :)

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
rc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did Under Pressure recently.
It was terrible.

jona1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

used to do crazy little thing called love, all the time on karaoke, tried hammer to fall and killed it to high in places never again.

Smartie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already sang a couple of nice Queen tunes...
We have a great Karaoke here in Frankfurt once a month and they don't have the shite Midi files, I think another Band played these Queen Karaoke Versions.

So, I love to sing "One Vision", "These are the days of our lives" "Hammer to fall" "Show must go on" (hard to sing but i think they changed the key of the song so more people are able to sing) :)...hmm.. "We are the champions"
and "Save me" which i did quite good, got lots of compliments for my singing after that one.
A friend of mine has also a good singing voice and he always joins me on stage :)

So its really nice to perform Queen Songs in a Karaoke bar, i grew up with these songs..
In the end we all team up and sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" :)
Btw its really a good place to sing Karaoke, they have all that Rock stuff there and NO MIdi files..

Here we are...born to be kings..
johnnymegabyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I own this karaoke CD. It's been played plenty a time in the last 4 years.

THE SONGS OF QUEEN - BACK STAGE #B8017 (Only $5.99)

Artist: Song:
QUEEN KILLER QUEEN
QUEEN BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
QUEEN THE SHOW MUST GO ON
QUEEN IT'S A KIND OF MAGIC
QUEEN I WANT IT ALL
QUEEN WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
QUEEN ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
QUEEN RADIO GA GA
QUEEN CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE
QUEEN FRIENDS WILL BE FRIENDS
QUEEN DON'T STOP ME NOW
QUEEN IT'S A HARD LIFE
QUEEN ONE VISION
QUEEN INNUENDO
QUEEN WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER
QUEEN SAVE ME
QUEEN HAMMER TO FALL

link --> http://www.doowop.com/karaoke/details.php?Format_SelectFlg=0&TryNoFlg=2&LabelNo=B8017&KaraokeSearch_Field=queen&Search_SelectFlg=0&Format_SelectFlg=0

* Johnny Megabyte *

j_stone2525 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 26 Dec 05, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Lip synced "Crazy little thing called love" in front of 3000 people when there was only 4 other "acts".(I know that's not Kataoke, but a "performance" anyway).