BEF user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well... my dad is usually in the other room.. of course he is 65 and I am 39.. so I guess it really don't matter what I post.. ;-)

just have to ask you.. from one Michigander to another.. HOW IS YOUR WEATHER? have you had any of these NASTY storms we got here in Saginaw lately?

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michigan rules! we should make a Mihcigan gang or something! and take over the board, lol

MY GOD spell it write.
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and for the weather, I have not seen a cloud in a week, today is kinda dark, but still hot..don't look like it is gonan rain, but just be cloudy on this only day off I was gonna try to tan some...figures.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BluEydFlu_Z wrote:

As many of you may know I am Hard_Rocker's mother.

If I ever saw Hard_Rocker using some of the lanquage I see these kids using, she would be sooo grounded. Plenty of people get their point across by simply using F-ing, or F**K, or whatever.

Isn't this a bit of an over reaction to ground someone over using a four letter word. Should't grounding be reserved for something more serious?

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, to instill my two cents into this thread, I must say that the content of a person's post often does not reflect the manner in which they act in real life. Slight nuances of the poster's personality are often amplified, however, resulting in behavior that would otherwise be condemned IRL. Of course, is this an excuse for their behavior? That would be completely up to the parents of the child to decide. Many would care, as a person should always behave appropriately and mannerful, but others see the lack of interaction between the internet and real life, and conceive no need to deal with such trifles, as the two worlds are completely separate. To each his own.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Just cos I'm not 30 or 40 doesn't mean I can't curse...what a joke.

Yes, but the fact that you use it as much as you do shows your overall lack of maturity. Not every post needs to have a curse word in it, yet I bet half of your 4000+ posts have one anyways.

It's not like profanity is the key to maturity, Linda.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

Just cos I'm not 30 or 40 doesn't mean I can't curse...what a joke.

Yes, but the fact that you use it as much as you do shows your overall lack of maturity. Not every post needs to have a curse word in it, yet I bet half of your 4000+ posts have one anyways.

It's not like profanity is the key to maturity, Linda.

Also, might I add, that nowhere here was it stipulated that thirty or forty year olds should curse.

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

Well, to instill my two cents into this thread, I must say that the content of a person's post often does not reflect the manner in which they act in real life. Slight nuances of the poster's personality are often amplified, however, resulting in behavior that would otherwise be condemned IRL. Of course, is this an excuse for their behavior? That would be completely up to the parents of the child to decide. Many would care, as a person should always behave appropriately and mannerful, but others see the lack of interaction between the internet and real life, and conceive no need to deal with such trifles, as the two worlds are completely separate. To each his own.

I kinda see what your saying.

After all it is ONLY THE INTERNET - NOT REAL LIFE!! Get that into your heads!! There's more important things to be worring about than children cursing on a feckin message board...

*sigh* some people..

You're right, no one should really be worrying about this. However, you shouldn't be worrying about people who worry about this, but you are. So in the end, all we have is a long, pointless argument.

_amadeus_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 763 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My dad is usually at work until about 6-7 hours after I wake up...

My moms always doin' somethin' else, like washin' dishes, vaccumin', but she keeps an eye on wat I do on here :D

Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker.
Goo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 295 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not that bothered by the swearing, but I know what you mean about people not realizing that the internet is dangerous. Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I'm always shocked at how much information some young people reveal about themselves on these boards and on msn. I'm 18, and am much less likely to be a victim of any kind of harm or abuse triggered by the internet than most of the 13 - 14 year olds, but some of the things they feel comfortable saying here are things I would never dream of telling anyone over the internet.

Playful as a pussycat.

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I'm kinda with ya there!! I was even kinda cautious of talking to peeps I don't know on MSN...I never give out my address...even though tons of nice people have offered to send me queen discs!! (Cheers, all of you!!) And I haven't shown anyone a pic of me either...so I'm quite paranoid that all men on the internet are pervs..

I see what you're saying but I'm sure you're not including me in that last statement Linda. And for BluEydFlu to say you should be pregnant by now is just, well, ludricious....

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

ouch shall we make this 1-0 for Linda

What we should make of this is that BluEydFlu_Z need not say another word to prove her point in this case. I say this with all due respect, of course.

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think for BluEydFlu_Z to launch into a personal attack on Linda is quite unnecessary....

Yes Linda does speak her mind here but for the most part she is friendly and polite, and that's something some people have seem to have forgotten.

If anyone attacks her then yes of course she'll bite back - what do you expect?

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you !! I'll take the hug, too.....

It is unfortunate you that come in for a bit of abuse here, from BluEydFlu_Z, John Lydon, Holland etc....I don't think you're at fault like they make out.

See my previous message - I think that's sums it it up well :

"Yes Linda does speak her mind here but for the most part she is friendly and polite, and that's something some people have seem to have forgotten.

If anyone attacks her then yes of course she'll bite back - what do you expect?"

Posted: 12 Jun 05, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no problem !