Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie was Michael Jackson best friend

forum rss feed
Author

worldvision user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Some young kid was with him on the road then," Simmons said. "I asked him about his friendship with children, and he said to me that they were the only people he trusted. He told me that his best friends were Freddie Mercury (of the rock band Queen), Diana Ross, Elizabeth Taylor and whoever this little kid was. They were the only people who didn't want anything from him, and they loved him for himself."

http://www.detnews.com/2005/nation/0506/14/A01-215271.htm

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"My father told me just keep good company"

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was...Michael had a falling out with Freddie when they were working on 3 songs together, "State Of Shock", "Victory", and one I never have heard the name of.

Jackson completed "State Of Shock" with Another co-writer and Freddie never filed for any legal credit or royalties so the song is NOT published lisiting Freddie with any credit for writing the song. "Victory" was never recorded or published.

Jackson claimed he caught Freddie doing some snow in the recording studio..and that was what caused their falling out.

Personally, while if that story is true, I do NOT condone what Freddie did and it was STUPID, had Freddie lived...the weights of circumstance and STUPIDITY certainly reversed themselves...and now I would say that Freddie would have been much better off, without the albatross of Jackson's stigma around his neck.

The only good Jackson did for Queen, was suggesting they release AOBTD as a single. Whoopie...any person with some sense could have done that.

Guess my disgust for Jackson is apparent here.

Ironic the song AOBTD, those words..could be applied to Jackson's life eh?

xyz

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Was...Michael had a falling out with Freddie when they were working on 3 songs together, "State Of Shock", "Victory", and one I never have heard the name of.

There Must Be More To Life Than This? Hmm... I think you've heard this name on album called 'Mr Bad Guy' :)

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

There Must Be More To Life Than This? Hmm... I think you've heard this name on album called 'Mr Bad Guy' :)

Sergey I do NOT have Mr. Bad Guy since it's out of print.. (and I can't afford the full FM solo collection), BUT...I thought ONLY Freddie wrote that song. See this. Let me know.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:isjm7i3jg7xr

xyz
greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Jackson completed "State Of Shock" with Another co-writer and Freddie never filed for any legal credit or royalties so the song is NOT published lisiting Freddie with any credit for writing the song. "Victory" was never recorded or published.

Jackson claimed he caught Freddie doing some snow in the recording studio..and that was what caused their falling out.

Personally, while if that story is true, I do NOT condone what Freddie did and it was STUPID, had Freddie lived...the weights of circumstance and STUPIDITY certainly reversed themselves...and now I would say that Freddie would have been much better off, without the albatross of Jackson's stigma around his neck.

The only good Jackson did for Queen, was suggesting they release AOBTD as a single. Whoopie...any person with some sense could have done that.

Guess my disgust for Jackson is apparent here.

Ironic the song AOBTD, those words..could be applied to Jackson's life eh?

If Freddie was alive I dont think he would be supportive of Michael and back him up on everyting he was going through and is going through after the trial. They wer really close for quite a while. I dont think Freddie would turn his back on Michael for these SO CALLED accusations on him.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Serry... wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Sergey I do NOT have Mr. Bad Guy since it's out of print.. (and I can't afford the full FM solo collection), BUT...I thought ONLY Freddie wrote that song. See this. Let me know.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:isjm7i3jg7xr

Well, try this - it's Freddie & Michael duet demo version of this song:
http://www.davidbowie.com/users/nicholasjdanton/moretolife.mp3

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can sell you a Mr Bad Guy CD for less than the full price of the FM box.

And the "other vocalist" was an unknown called Jagger...

If you research a bit deeper instead of rushing to the "new topic" button every time your train of thought changes lines, you can find out LOADS of interesting stuff. I'm willing to bet that if you search for "Freddie Mercury" & "Michael Jackson" in google you'll get a link to that track on page 1 of the results.

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sergey...my heart is breaking it's SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

WHERE can I get this? It's stunning, exquisite, their singing and the orchestartion underscores the meaningful lyrics.

Sergey...is FREDDIE playing the piano on this demo?

Thank you sweetie! XXXXXXX

I would LOVE to also hear Freddie's SOLO version on Mr. Bad Guy, when I can buy it.

And no thanks PenetrationGuru, I would rather give my hard earned money to a NICE person or to the record company that released this than to a sarcastic git.

xyz
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wrong, but there are two decent sites on page 1 with lots of information! That you could "find"! And tell us about! In your breathless teenage fashion! At the age of 44....

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

wrong, but there are two decent sites on page 1 with lots of information! That you could "find"! And tell us about! In your breathless teenage fashion! At the age of 44....

1) I did NOT say other vocalist (which I know is Mick Jagger).

I said other co-writer whose name I have somewhere on "State Of Shock".

2) I do not have technical knowledge of music or video software, so that is why I do not know how to saerch for it...since I only know how to click on a post, like Sergey put here or that others post.

I have no technical capability or knowledge to music or video software and the ONLY program that my computer will even open and upload/download are Mp3'S Windows version6 I think and that is IT!

So I usually go on legal sites like Yahoo Launch and music artist websites, who already have their videos and music MP3's on there and I just click on it to listen to it or watch it.

Also...for instance take this demo:

Well, try this - it's Freddie & Michael duet demo version of this song:

http://www.davidbowie.com/users/nicholasjdanton/moretolife.mp3

Now, it says on it, it's from www.Davidbowie.com.

Now how the heck would I know a duet with Freddie & M.J. would be on some ...David Bowie music site?

I hane never been taught how to use music software and filesharing, and I am technically illiterate in most computer stuff as well.

I can only type in Word. NOTHING else. I have no cle how to use lotus, excel, photoshop, Quark, how to do graphics, yada yada.

xyz
*Lisa* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie originally sang "There must be more to life than this" with Michael, but it wasn't released.

I've actually heard it, and if you want to hear it you need to go on a site called Planet Mercury.
On the site, click on Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury Comparisons. This page gives you a list of loads of things they have in common! About half way down the page is the link to hear the song. You then need to right-click and click open or save target as.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Serry... wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:isjm7i3jg7xr>

The Mr Bad Guy album is on the 3 disc Mercury set called Solo which is available in the US, Canada and such.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NOTWMEDDLE wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Serry... wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:isjm7i3jg7xr>

The Mr Bad Guy album is on the 3 disc Mercury set called Solo which is available in the US, Canada and such.

I am WELL aware of the crappy 3 disc version which I have stated on QZ many times. I do NOT want that.

I want the 10 disc 2 DVD 120 page UNEDITED/COMPLETE complete with interviews and all demos version. Not that bastardized edited chopped up version.

Also...I thought about why Freddie is listed as the SOLE composer of this song. Since He & M.J. had a falling out and M.J. did NOT give Freddie any songwriting and publishing/intellectual property credit on "State Of Shock", apparently, Freddie felt he could (and i agree SHOULD) do the same on "There Must be More To Life Than This", especially if Freddie perhaps had a more pivotol role in composing it.

BTW...I am NOT a fan of M.J. and I am not thrilled with his singing on this...Freddie's voice is what soars..so I am certain that Freddie's solo version is even more stunning.

Anyway...does Freddie play piano on this demo?

xyz
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I rather never hear Michael Jackson singing There Must Be More to Life Than This again.

Once was more than enough.

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

michael jackson and freddie best friends that's like saying that freddie was 12 years old. freddie thought michael was a little odd. with all those animals at his house. i think if they were freddie would of not cared about the court result. he never really watched the news.
and that people is my two cents.

"SCANDLE"

shannon sweet
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

I would LOVE to also hear Freddie's SOLO version on Mr. Bad Guy, when I can buy it.

And no thanks PenetrationGuru, I would rather give my hard earned money to a NICE person or to the record company that released this than to a sarcastic git.

Arlene, if you wnat my copy..let me know
i am in America in July and I can post it from California

...don't worry i won't rip you off price-wise - just what ever you re prepared to pay

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well agter hearing, several times the demo duet version of M.J. & Freddie singing "There Must Be More To Life Than This".

Verdict:

Michael Jackson: Guilty of trickly dated boy band sounding vocals and cashing in on a legendary singer from the world's greatest band.

Freddie Mercury: Innocent of being misled to collaborate and having his immense talents, songwriting, musicianship, and singing gifts misappropriated to a mindless hypocrite FOOL who duped him into this collaboration.

End result. Glad Freddie released this song, without Wacko Jacko, solo on his Mr. Bad Guy record and ditched the very un "thrilling" M.J.

xyz

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Probably. He played on 'Mr Bad Guy' version. When you'd get the FM Solo Box Set - you'd hear wonderful live piano take when Freddie was tried to play it.

Posted: 14 Jun 05, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Probably. He played on 'Mr Bad Guy' version. When you'd get the FM Solo Box Set - you'd hear wonderful live piano take when Freddie was tried to play it.

Sergey, thanks. Michael sounds awful but Freddie shines through. I'm sure I would enjoy Freddie's solo version better.

Here is Freddie & M.J. doing "State Of Shock"

http://www.stevegobin.com/friendsofchristian/duetFMMJ.html

I think it SUCKS.......that Freddie did not get his proper legal and artistic songwriting and publshing credit for this song.

This is also the first time I ever heard Freddie singing this. Hell I even love the version that Tina Turner & Mick Jagger did at Live Aid.

I just do NOT like M.J. "Thriller" was THE only record I ever bought by him, and one year after I bought it I hated it and couldn't see what I had evre liked about it or M.J....long before he became wacko Jacko.

He surely never was and never will be a Freddie. Sorry, lousy imitation but only the Original will do.

xyz