Forums > Personal > The Darkness Hires New Bassist Richie Edwards

forum rss feed
Author

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.nme.com/news/112687.htm


xyz
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The day 'The Darkness' finds an original sound that they can call their own, then that'd be some Darkness headline news worthy.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

The day 'The Darkness' finds an original sound that they can call their own, then that'd be some Darkness headline news worthy.


Sadly, the same can be said for 99.9% of bands today....

..especially now that the Coldplay wanker is strutting around in sunglasses, telling everyone to call him Mephisto...


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

The day 'The Darkness' finds an original sound that they can call their own, then that'd be some Darkness headline news worthy.


Sadly, the same can be said for 99.9% of bands today....

..especially now that the Coldplay wanker is strutting around in sunglasses, telling everyone to call him Mephisto...


Not only they're copying great ideas from original bands, but also copying the bad ones as well.

Has he started wearing silly red horns and humping cameras on stage yet?


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

The day 'The Darkness' finds an original sound that they can call their own, then that'd be some Darkness headline news worthy.


Sadly, the same can be said for 99.9% of bands today....

..especially now that the Coldplay wanker is strutting around in sunglasses, telling everyone to call him Mephisto...


Not only they're copying great ideas from original bands, but also copying the bad ones as well.

Has he started wearing silly red horns and humping cameras on stage yet?


OMG. I alwyas thought Chris Martin & Coldplay sounded like U2 wannabes, but their music is also petulant, depressing, and whining.


xyz
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

The day 'The Darkness' finds an original sound that they can call their own, then that'd be some Darkness headline news worthy.


Sadly, the same can be said for 99.9% of bands today....

..especially now that the Coldplay wanker is strutting around in sunglasses, telling everyone to call him Mephisto...


Not only they're copying great ideas from original bands, but also copying the bad ones as well.

Has he started wearing silly red horns and humping cameras on stage yet?


OMG. I alwyas thought Chris Martin & Coldplay sounded like U2 wannabes, but their music is also petulant, depressing, and whining.


A bad, whiney, third rate U2 impression at that. I have heard that Martin has been caught humping cameras, but he has yet to get out the red horns....


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I particularly hate that U2 era of the electronica and techno shit with Bono dressed up as Mecphisto with those fuckin' silly horns while he goes around the stage humping cameras.

It made U2 look like a joke, and for most of the 90s that's what they were.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles79 wrote:

The day 'The Darkness' finds an original sound that they can call their own, then that'd be some Darkness headline news worthy.


I say singing like your testicles are in a vice is pretty original..;-)