Forums > Personal > It finally happend

forum rss feed
Author

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After 10 years in Michigan...I finally hit a Deer driving..I just bought a new car 4 months ago not even!!
I need to get it touched up around the front light.
What was worse was this happend last night around 11 pm when I went to pick my wife up from work, I was getting off the exp-way into the on-ramp I passed 3 people on bike's I looked to the left to see if I needed to yeild for incoming traffic then I looked forward and BAM! hit a doe..from the looks she didnt look over a year old, which made me feel quite bad, I still feel really bad..2 fishermen that were there catfishing, came to help, one guy cut the neck to end the suffering( as I hit the deer it was jumping, and the back legs were twisted).
The car was covered with piss and I had to use a screwdriver to get the toenail off the grill.
Drove past like 20 min later...seem the fishermen took the Deer home to eat...go figure!

MY GOD spell it write.
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awe, that's sad for the deer and must really be a bummer for you since you're car is so new. I suppose it's good that the deer didn't exactly go to waste (even though eating it after it got hit by a car is a disgusting thought to me). But, on a brighter note (I think?), it happens all the time everywhere. I hope your car is easily repaired without too much money being put into it.

Now, my parents sure could use a new vehicle. :-p

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry to hear that happen. It happens all the time here in Maryland. My next door neighbor years ago had a buck go through his windshield.

....Are you alright? You didn't mention that.

Sorry to hear about your new car. Your insurance should cover that.

xyz

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I wont eat a deer hit by a car, you can hit a organ or something and make the meat foul..I have ate deer plenty of times before, as my father is a deer hunter. It was a Doe, If I hit a buck I surly would have took the rack =)
I'm allright, for about 10 second's I thought my life was over, as I didnt know what I hit and thought I hit some one on a bike.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've had venison before that my uncle's friend hunted. I didn't really like it that much. And I'm not a big fan of veal, either.

But ostrich patties are scrumptious. But..doesn't really relate to deer that much.

(Jim Rohn)
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe some day someone will make your wish come true....?

Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You evil animal killing car worshipping bastard! How could you do such a thing?!? j/k! Anyway, sorry about the car. Hope fixing it goes well!g

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My husband and I hit a deer many years ago, my son was about a year old. We were driving at night, and the deer jumped up out of the ditch beside the road. It happened so quickly! The car was pretty badly damaged, and the deer wasn't much better :-( It died with its head cradled in my lap within moments of us getting out of the car. A policeman happened by, and asked us if we wanted the deer for meat, we said no, so he called for someone to pick it up. It was quite an upsetting experience. I'm glad you weren't hurt William.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My brother-in-law hits EVERYTHING... He's hit two deer, one racoon, a possum..etc... We joked that the animals were gonna come after him. We put a note under his wiper blades that said something like..KOON KILLR..I KNOW WHAT U DID!

I have yet to hit a deer, but I am pretty sure I have hit a rabbit and a squirrel, at least.

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We don't get too many deer run over here (mostly possums) but once I ran over my own cat! She'd been sitting under the car and didn't get out in time when I started to back.
She was okay but I broke her leg and she ended up with a hernia and a $500 operation. I didn't get a birthday present that year...
She no longer sleeps under the car.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't be the only one to sing parts of the Sound of Music after reading Stussy's post.

DJ's the man we love the most
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No comment!!!! I'll never admit to singing parts of the Sound of Music!!!

;)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dragonzflame wrote:

We don't get too many deer run over here (mostly possums) but once I ran over my own cat! She'd been sitting under the car and didn't get out in time when I started to back.
She was okay but I broke her leg and she ended up with a hernia and a $500 operation. I didn't get a birthday present that year...
She no longer sleeps under the car.

My aunt started her car up once, in the middle of winter, and her cat was sleeping somewhere inside the engine compartment, once she started the car, she seen orange hair fly everywhere...sadly the cat didnt live, seems in was next to the fan and belts.
Janet, you mean you actually touched the deer? I know I hit a small Doe, but was to chicken shit to go near it...I have seen Bucks tear the shit outa things( people and 4-wheelers).
I dont wanna admit anything, but felt like crying when I seen the face and all, when you know there's nothing you can do!

MY GOD spell it write.
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6374 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was less than 2 miles away from home coning home from work in the late afternoon when a doe jumped out of a ditch and ran into the side of my car. Fortunately its jump did not clear my hood, otherwise I might have gotten a hoof in my forehead. The deer was dead within a minute of the impact. The deer did $1500 worth of damage to my car.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 05, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry to hear that, William. It's an awful feeling and experience. But glad you're alright.

I hit something once. It was the fattest possum I'd seen in my life. I started to slow down cause it was coming my way, but it turned around so I sped up again. Then the stupid rodent turned around yet again and I ran over it. I was shocked by it. I got sick. Had to have someone else take over and drive home.

*honk* *honk* - Harpo
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm slightly mad

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Yogurt user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yogurt
Royalty: 1927 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We eat dear in tamales a lot. Anyways, at the University I go to, there are a lot of dears roaming around. One driver hit one while he was driving out. He said it just jumped right in front of him.

I don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in my pool!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Venison salami... yum.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buffalo bologna is realllly good too. It's kinda purple, but really good. I like to call it "buffaloni." hehehe

We actually only bought it once from some small store (looks like it was run by a family) called Dettericks Meats..or soemthing like that. It's soooo goood, everything that is there is. We stop by there on our way back everytime we go to Maryland.

(Jim Rohn)
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">KillerQueen840 wrote:

Buffalo bologna is realllly good too. It's kinda purple, but really good. I like to call it "buffaloni." hehehe

We actually only bought it once from some small store (looks like it was run by a family) called Dettericks Meats..or soemthing like that. It's soooo goood, everything that is there is. We stop by there on our way back everytime we go to Maryland.

I live in Maryland and there are alot of buffalo farms in Pheonix, Maryland and one in Pikesville, Maryland..but I have never seen "buffaloni" in any stores here!!!! Don't think I want to either!!

OMG!

xyz