Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen's last videos...

forum rss feed
Author

Seaside_Rendezvous user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what Was Queen'd last music video done in color, where all the members were present. (not innuendo :P) I know all the songs, but I'm skethcy on chronology. Is it headlong?

"Give us a kiss!"
_amadeus_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 763 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 05, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm pretty sure it is 'These Are The Days of our Lives'.

Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 05, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In color - Headlong

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 05, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For videos actually featuring Queen (and not being animated -Innuendo- or a collage -TSMGO-):

Headlong was filmed first, and was completely in colour. The whole band was obviously there all at once (although Brian shot some extra parts later by himself, apparently).

I'm Going Slightly Mad was filmed, again with band members all present, in black and white (except for the splash of colour in that feather blanket or whatever it is that Freddie's tossing near the end, and also the colour on John's jester cap as he's walking backwards).
That was the last video shot with all four members of Queen present, and Queen's 2nd last video as a whole group.

These Are The Days Of Our Lives - shot initially with only Freddie, John and Roger, on May 31st, 1991. Brian shot his part a week later, as he was apparently doing his Innuendo Radio Tour in the USA when Fred, John and Roger filmed their part.
Computer technology added Brian onto the video with the other 3, although apparently not perfectly (some people say they can see a line where the two videos are joined)

Last ever video with all 4 members of Queen featured (although, again, not all at once in the same filming shoot)

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 05, 05:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serious? :P

Posted: 18 Jun 05, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

Serious? :P

Yes

_amadeus_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 763 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 05, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For videos actually featuring Queen (and not being animated -Innuendo- or a collage -TSMGO-):

These Are The Days Of Our Lives - shot initially with only Freddie, John and Roger, on May 31st, 1991. Brian shot his part a week later, as he was apparently doing his Innuendo Radio Tour in the USA when Fred, John and Roger filmed their part.
Computer technology added Brian onto the video with the other 3, although apparently not perfectly (some people say they can see a line where the two videos are joined)

*GASP* :D

Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker.
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'm flummoxed.

I'm looking at the booklet for the Classic Queen VHS, and it lists "Headlong" as being taped in April of 1991.

Wasn't IGSM in February 1991 and TATDOOL in May?

It doesn't make sense to me that "Headlong" would have really been between the two black and white videos...

...besides the fact (so sorry...) that Freddie looks more ill in IGSM than in "Headlong."

Mistake in the VHS booklet?

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 02:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

beautifulsoup wrote:

Well, I'm flummoxed.

I'm looking at the booklet for the Classic Queen VHS, and it lists "Headlong" as being taped in April of 1991.

Wasn't IGSM in February 1991 and TATDOOL in May?

It doesn't make sense to me that "Headlong" would have really been between the two black and white videos...

...besides the fact (so sorry...) that Freddie looks more ill in IGSM than in "Headlong."

Mistake in the VHS booklet?

Innuendo - December 1990
I'm Going Slightly Mad - February 1991
Headlong - November 1990 and April 1991
These Are The Days Of Our Lives - May 1991

But I doubt too that some Headlong footages were filmed in April, especially since 'Headlong' single was released in USA earlier than in UK (in USA - in January, in UK - in May) and it had to have promo video in January, IMHO.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone who says Headlong was filmed partly in April - PURE bullshit. Ignore it.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, some footages with Brian could be filmed in April, but I can't see the reason why!

maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmm got me thinking about slightly mad .. that little colour bit at the end... there could be a full colour version in the vaults which would be interesting to see

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all this topic has been discussed before Headlong was orignally filmed in lateoct90/nov90 with all four members of queen and brian then added his extra guitar bit in april 91, as they obviously had different edits of the video for different reasons.

As far as i know that's the only thing filmed for headlong in apr91.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm.
I stand by my previous statement. The EPK is dated '91, but features both Yellow Freddie and Blue Freddie - and no Slightly Mad, so we know that video wasn't complete yet. To wit, it's early '91, and the Headlong video was already in the can.

But anyway.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Asterik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 649 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never seen the headlong video. How energetic is Freddie? Does he run about and play air guitar or does he just stand stationery?

hj

Posted: 27 Oct 05, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He runs about and play air guitar. He jumps even.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 05, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Headlong was filmed first, and was completely in colour. The whole band was obviously there all at once (although Brian shot some extra parts later by himself, apparently).

I'm Going Slightly Mad was filmed, again with band members all present, in black and white (except for the splash of colour in that feather blanket or whatever it is that Freddie's tossing near the end, and also the colour on John's jester cap as he's walking backwards).
That was the last video shot with all four members of Queen present, and Queen's 2nd last video as a whole group.

Last ever video with all 4 members of Queen featured (although, again, not all at once in the same filming shoot)

Just so you others know, on the bit Brian filmed later on is not the part on the stair case, as that piece is in the Innuendo "EPK" from like 1990.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"

Posted: 27 Oct 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All Queen's People wrote:

When Freddie throws something to Brian and hits him in the face. Awwww.

The canned beer

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 05, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BRENDA wrote:

Hi all this topic has been discussed before Headlong was orignally filmed in lateoct90/nov90 with all four members of queen and brian then added his extra guitar bit in april 91, as they obviously had different edits of the video for different reasons.

As far as i know that's the only thing filmed for headlong in apr91.

On this forum before, it said that Brian filmed the piece on the staircase where he plays his guitar later on, in April. But not the case, as that is in the EPK.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 27 Oct 05, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi perhaps it was a mistake by whoever done the notes for greatest flix2 as it states it's filmed in april 91 which we all know isn't the case.

I vividly remember my old xmas90 issue of the fan club magazine and there was a letter in there from freddie and i'm positive that he states in there that they have either started or finished 'headlong' as early as late october.

Has anyone got a old fan club issue from xmas 90 it should be in there mine sadly got burnt in a house fire along with 20 others.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.