Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Is Jim Hutton alive?

forum rss feed
Author

mercuryrocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 69 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Jim Hutton is still alive? Not for any particular reason... I am just curios!

Rule with your heart and live with your conscience...
Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, Jim Hutton is still around.

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do you know that??
It is weird how Freddie died so long ago and Jim Hutton is still alive. Of course, maybe Freddie got AIDS in the 70's or early 80's but still...

My Display Message
Eviltwin

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercuryrocks wrote:

How do you know that??
It is weird how Freddie died so long ago and Jim Hutton is still alive. Of course, maybe Freddie got AIDS in the 70's or early 80's but still...

Have you not heard of books!? I read two books on Queen, Which have mntioned Jim hutton, and I read stuff all over the internet. I do know that the internet is not the most reliable source but right now that is all I have. I was just answering your question and if that is not good enough, than get over it because I was being nice, and I answered. So just be thankful I even replied.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buy books, watch videos, read news and you'll see - he is alive.

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I was not being impolite at all! I am sorry if you thought that! And yes, I HAVE heard of books and I HAVE read almost all of them but they are not new anymore. He could have died recently, you know... Not that I wanted him to have died but you know... I am sorry that you misunderstood me!

My Display Message
Eviltwin

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercuryrocks wrote:

Well, I was not being impolite at all! I am sorry if you thought that! And yes, I HAVE heard of books and I HAVE read almost all of them but they are not new anymore. He could have died recently, you know... Not that I wanted him to have died but you know... I am sorry that you misunderstood me!

No need for you to apologise. I should be the one apologising. I am completely sorry and I wish to take back my second reply. I feel really bad and again, I am very sorry.

P.S. I like your user name. Mercury does rock. :)

Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercuryrocks wrote:

How do you know that??

Than again Freddie stopped taking his medication to prevent getting AIDs and stay with HIV (for more info watch "When Freddie Met Kenny Everett") and of course since Hutton has money he will stay on his medications but once he runs out then he is S O L.

<blank>

Posted: 20 Jun 05, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's OK!

And HELL YEAH, HE ROCKS!!! :)

PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it possible to just search?

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PainPleasure wrote:

Is it possible to just search?

What's this &quot;search&quot; you speak of?

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello,

To give you an update regarding Jim, yes he is still alive and in extremely healthy condition.Living happily in Ireland at the moment still in the house that he had bought it when Freddie was still alive...

I talked to him last week on the phone, and he was pretty upbeat and sounding happy! I know it's pretty amazing in such sense that Jim is in such good condition, but I am extremely happy for him!

Believe me he is in a more healthier state than the average Irish person... and Jim still enjoys his pints of good beer...

TRS-Romania
a.k.a Stefan

PS regarding his current (!) medication, the doctors have told him he is allowed (not completely adviced) to stop the medication since his state of health does not aquire him to take them anymore! The risc is ofcourse there that in the years to come he will have to get back to medication, but by that time medication regarding HIV/AIDS will have advanced as well. Currently Jim said he will continue medication for the time being.

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TRS-Romania wrote:

Hello,

To give you an update regarding Jim, yes he is still alive and in extremely healthy condition.Living happily in Ireland at the moment still in the house that he had bought it when Freddie was still alive...

I talked to him last week on the phone, and he was pretty upbeat and sounding happy! I know it's pretty amazing in such sense that Jim is in such good condition, but I am extremely happy for him!

Believe me he is in a more healthier state than the average Irish person... and Jim still enjoys his pints of good beer...

TRS-Romania
a.k.a Stefan

PS regarding his current (!) medication, the doctors have told him he is allowed (not completely adviced) to stop the medication since his state of health does not aquire him to take them anymore! The risc is ofcourse there that in the years to come he will have to get back to medication, but by that time medication regarding HIV/AIDS will have advanced as well. Currently Jim said he will continue medication for the time being.

u're from Romania??? yey! me too!!! ^_^

2+2=5

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buna Sonia

Sunt Stefan,dar sunt olandez (nu roman), si stiu sa scriu in limba romana dar nu foarte bine. De unde esti?
Eu locuiesc si lucrez in Bucuresti

Stefan

translated in English:

Hello Sonia,
I'm Stefan, but I'm Dutch (not romanian), and I know to write in Romanian, but not too well. From where are you? I work and live in Bucharest.

Stefan

========

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK. Thank you very much! I still do not understand how you know all this because I have searched everywhere to find out, but thank you!

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercuryrocks...

what did you mean with 'how do you know all this' ?
I wrote in my message that it was Jim who told me that he is doing very ok ...

Stefan

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I understood that. Do you know him personally??
Everybody who has answered my question seems to know for sure that he is alive and that he is doing fine. I just don't understand how everybody knows that. Does everybody in here (except me) know him or what?? I have searched the Internet and I could not find the answer so that is why I do not understand how everbody knew it... That's all...

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mercuryrocks,

Yes, i have known Jim personally for around 2,5 years. I visited him twice in Ireland and had great fun in the local pubs... And once he came to Holland (when Bokkepoot a.k.a. Marco from the Queenhub) also met him while were having a drink at the canals of my hometown Utrecht...

In general people know that Jim is doing well, that he appeared in some interviews/documentaries very recently, which can only acknowledge the fact he is indeed alive and doing very ok :)

Stefan

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK... Thank you! I do not know why I did not know that...!

But that is great! :) Tell him HI if you see him soon. I am glad he is doing good!

whiteman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 06:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

did you know that an actor called Jim Hutton starred as the detective in the 70's American TV show called funnily enough Ellery QUEEN!!