Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Roger singing with David Bowie in Under Pressure

forum rss feed
Author

JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen to " this is our last dance" in the last piece of "Under pressure". Is that David Bowie singing with Roger Taylor ? You can hear another voice very good when you play it in DTS surround 5.1. Is this Roger's voice ?

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen to ''this is our last dance'' in the last piece of ''Under pressure''. Is that David Bowie singing with Roger Taylor ? You can hear another voice very good when you play it in DTS surround 5.1. Is this Roger's voice ?

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>The Lord Of Darkness wrote:

Would you really bother? I mean we've all heared this song, If you'd come with a unheared demo... great. But nothing special really.

srry to say this, but that's not the question. I think it's interesting. It is Roger singing with David : ''Is this our last dance'' ?

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JDL2nd wrote:

Would you really bother? I mean we've all heared this song, If you'd come with a unheared demo... great. But nothing special really.

srry to say this, but that's not the question. I think it's interesting. It is Roger singing with David : ''Is this our last dance'' ?

Now tell me what's interesting about that?

well, I think it's interesting too see which elements a song has. Everybody knows Queen made great masterpieces in the studio. Under pressure is absolutely one of those songs. It has got so much things. It's interesting to dissect a song to each small part.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger sang this line as a backing vocalist in almost every Queen concert that had this song in the setlist.

He has only ever rarely sang actual lead vocals on it with Queen (or Brian, to be more correct along BPP's lines).

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is Roger, even if it is kind of hard to hear. I only just realized it was him on backing vocals a few months ago, even though I've heard the song so many times!

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 05, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get the karaoke version and you'll listen clearly just to Roger's backing vocal in the entire "caring about ourselves this is our last dance, this is our last dance, this is ourselves" part

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe it would be interesting for you:
http://www.pemcom.demon.co.uk/queen/philipp/pressure.html

Posted: 22 Jun 05, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks guys