Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Seven Seas without the Seaside?

forum rss feed
Author

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 05, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does a studio version of Seven Seas Of Rhye, without the 'I do like to be beside the seaside' bit at the end exist? Was it included on the original single? Unfortunately, I don't have a copy. :(


Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as I know, the only other version of the song was some sort of incorrect remix that was on a 7 inch promo...........so in other words, the single version would be the same as on the album.....

I had to edit this.......forgot I cant use quote symbols anymore....


I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can quote, so here is something from John S. Stuart's post:

''Seven Seas Of Rhye
Album Version Queen II: EMI CDP 7 46205 2
1991 Freddie Bastone 6:43 Remix Queen II: US 1991 Hollywood HR-61232-2
Price 3:21 Remix ISDN: Download
Withdrawn Test Press Unreleased: As It Began p75
Top Of The Pops BBC TV Original Erased: (Rein's version?)
US Hollywood Promotional Video Unreleased: Home Video
Top Of The Pops BBC TV Video Unreleased: Home Video''

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, thanks for the info. Bit surprising they never played it at any of the BBC Sessions, given that it was their first chart entry single. They played the B side instead!


Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
kyassor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Fickle wrote:

OK, thanks for the info. Bit surprising they never played it at any of the BBC Sessions, given that it was their first chart entry single. They played the B side instead!


In the old days bands were appreciated for their total output, not just the singles like there days - the music business has changed, it used to be 80% music and 20% business, now it is 99% business and 1% music

Back in the 60's & 70's it wasn't a surprise for a band to release an album and a separate single that wasn't on the album

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Fickle wrote:

OK, thanks for the info. Bit surprising they never played it at any of the BBC Sessions, given that it was their first chart entry single. They played the B side instead!

kyassor wrote:

In the old days bands were appreciated for their total output, not just the singles like there days - the music business has changed, it used to be 80% music and 20% business, now it is 99% business and 1% music

Back in the 60's & 70's it wasn't a surprise for a band to release an album and a separate single that wasn't on the album


Oh yes, that's very true - I was there! I also was an avid fan of (The) Sweet, and they released many non-album singles and B-sides, as did many other pop / rock bands of the time. Pity Queen didn't do a few more. I always felt slightly cheated when buying a Queen single, only to find both tracks on the album. Of course, this was not always the case, especially in later years.


Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's true.
For example, The Works. Every tune on that album wound up on a single.
Then again, it's nifty trying to slot one of those non-album B-Sides like Lost Opportunity onto an album.


HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jun 05, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

true, true
like how led zep never put a single out =)


MY GOD spell it write.
The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

true, true
like how led zep never put a single out =)


Zep had a total of 11 singles out, I remember reading somewhere........from 9 albums.........shows one the difference between them and Queen (who had 40+ singles, from 15 albums).............


I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The King Of Rhye wrote:

Zep had a total of 11 singles out, I remember reading somewhere........from 9 albums.........shows one the difference between them and Queen (who had 40+ singles, from 15 albums).............


Led Zeppelin released a total of ten singles in the United States and didn't release any in the UK until 1997. 'Stairway to Heaven', probably their best known song, was never released as a single.


Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Fickle wrote:

The King Of Rhye wrote:

Zep had a total of 11 singles out, I remember reading somewhere........from 9 albums.........shows one the difference between them and Queen (who had 40+ singles, from 15 albums).............


Led Zeppelin released a total of ten singles in the United States and didn't release any in the UK until 1997. 'Stairway to Heaven', probably their best known song, was never released as a single.


led zep released 'whole lotta love' - admittedly very late (in 1997) - but it was a single and reached the dizzy heights of no21 in the Uk charts


go deo na h√Čireann
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jun 05, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you want the song without the Seaside, just turn your radio player off when the Seaside-thing begins. :P


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jun 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

<font color=red>King Rick I wrote:

If you want the song without the Seaside, just turn your radio player off when the Seaside-thing begins. :P


We're serious here. If you want to be an idiot, go do so somewhere else. Preferably on a busy crossing.


Take it easy, man.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm tall enough, thank you.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay. This is rubbish. Shall we quit?

No hard feelings. :-)


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."