Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen's music takes high profile at NBA finals!

forum rss feed
Author

rockyracoon2004 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jun 05, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope all of you watching game 7 of the NBA finals noticed the presence of Queen's music. Under Pressure was played loudly as background music during several time-outs and station breaks, with an obvious reference to the pressure on both teams (win tonight and be champions, or go home as losers).

Then with about two minutes to go and the San Antonio Spurs holding a five point lead, the public address system started playing We Will Rock You, and the 20,000 or so in attendance joined in stomping/clapping and singing. Within five seconds of the conclusion of the game, the PA system was cranked up to high volume with We Are The Champions, with the chorus played over and over and over again.

Indeed, this was a great night for showcasing Queen's music. I don't know what the TV ratings are for a NBA finals game 7, but I suspect there were tens of millions of people watching the game and enjoying Queen tonight.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 05, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They play this song after ever championship game in all sports =)
well atleast in the states
fucking spurs...Pistons were better!

MY GOD spell it write.
Eviltwin user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Display Message
Eviltwin
Bohemian: 549 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 05, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Spurs Rock.