Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Roger Says "Coldplay are shit" + Live Shite

forum rss feed
Author

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, I fucking hate Coldplay, the most boring band in the history of music. Jesus, have you heard their songs, they all sound the same. That guys voice just makes me wanna either fall alseep or self harm. How do people like that get record deals? And another thing that annoys me is the people, usually students, who say they are a good band because somehow its seen to be cool to like them.
I hope they are booed off the stage at live shite.

oh and another thing, whats the point in live shite? The arficans are useless to the rest of the world, they have corrupt governments who use all their money for guns, they could have got out of debt years ago, but they bought guns instead. They are shit. Live aid is pointelss because the debt WONT be written off, and its just for people like Bono to lift their ego and status. I hate him.
Twat.

"your shit and you know you are".
alphabeth user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the darkness is real shit too,they stole alot from queen and they have no talent,they stole the riff from one vision and the solo from somebody to love. fuck the darkness

icmrocha (The Man From Planet Marzipan) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

The arficans are useless to the rest of the world

The whole African population is useless to the rest of the world.. Is that what you saying? OMFG, how can you say something like that? They are just important as anybody else in the world!... I can understand if you hate their government, or the decisions made by their government, but do you actually hate the africans? What if YOU were in the same situation as they are? What if YOU were an african?... You have to care about the others too, not just about yourself... that's the point of ''Live shite''..

"The years have been unkind...

but kind enough!"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DudleyFufkin wrote:

oh and another thing, whats the point in live shite? The arficans are useless to the rest of the world, they have corrupt governments who use all their money for guns, they could have got out of debt years ago, but they bought guns instead. They are shit. Live aid is pointelss because the debt WONT be written off, and its just for people like Bono to lift their ego and status. I hate him.
Twat.

...and one more thing....you are a fucking imbecile...and i am ashamed to think thta any British person could think the way you do....fuck off and join the BNP you nazi

go deo na hÉireann
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

DudleyFufkin wrote:

Twat.

...and one more thing....you are a fucking imbecile...and i am ashamed to think thta any British person could think the way you do....fuck off and join the BNP you nazi

Agreed thanks Brenski!

Dudley Fufkin you are

1) A bogoted, Nazi
2) An ignorant small minded loser
3) A clueless idiot who sits on your ass dissing Bono who works his ass off 24/7 and personally gets meetings with the Pope and world leaders and DOES get them to TAKE ACTION to help 3rd world nations and people living with poverty, war, famine, AIDS, etc. around the world...er...and what do YOU do except whine and mouth off about people who make a difference and fight social injustice in this world.

If ANYONE has an ego to boost and is a braggart, it is Mr. Bully YOU...mouthing off to boost your OWN ego...

HMMMMMM

xyz
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

alphabeth wrote:

the darkness is real shit too,they stole alot from queen and they have no talent,they stole the riff from one vision and the solo from somebody to love. fuck the darkness

The Darkness are great it's about time a band come along who are clearly influenced by Queen everything they do very Queen but it works, it's either that or we end up with more pop idol shit in the music industry which is all clearly managed by the music label.

The music industry needs more band that can think for themselves and not have a group of people writing there song and what there say and do.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol and I thought qz was kinda boring the past couple weeks =)

MY GOD spell it write.
DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono meets the pope? Wow, who gives a shit. I wouldnt cross the road to see that old fart. And what have these meetings with political leaders acheived? NOTHING. Just given Bono a higher profile. Hes a twat. And hes going to play live shite in london and philadelphia, just like Phil Collins. What a twat.
And when I said all africans are useless, I didnt mean south africans, they are doing alright for themselves, I mean they got a good rugby team going.
And some africans are good runners, but thats it really.

"your shit and you know you are".
dixie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 174 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

first of all. i agree that coldplay are crap and that bono is a twat.

but when you say the debt wont be lifted. what do you think bush and blair are doing right now.

get out you nazi

NO MORTAL MAN CAN WIN THIS DAY
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The guy named deeperanddeeperinside (or something like that) wrote the same things few weeks ago...

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

The guy named deeperanddeeperinside (or something like that) wrote the same things few weeks ago...

Yep...deeperanddeeperinside, who became Fruitside, who became Rabid Wolverine. Richard banned him, it. But it keeps coming back like the
inflammatory spammer it is.

xyz
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say, I agree with Roger about Coldplay. As a matter of fact, When I heard their latest single, I thought it was just a remix of a previously released song...

By the way, Don't take DudleyFufkin TOO seriously.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As soon as Chris Martin sang the first line of DTKI Xmas 2004 I knew it was going to be terrible.

Let's just see where they will be in 10-15 years. I'm sure that their fans will be sick of the same songs all the time by then.

I think that Roger went a bit far though when he said he prefered Crazy Frogs Axel F which got to no. 1 instead of Coldplay. Whoever thought of releasing that should be sent to prison for life for crimes against humanity for making people who listen to quality music have to hear that god awful racket.

But I suppose a lot of people today don't know what quality music is due to all the rubbish you get nowadays.

Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
gazfred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

which darkness song is the one vision riff used on?

gazfred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and has anyone heard x&y its truly stunning imo

brENsKi

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gazfred wrote:

and has anyone heard x&y its truly stunning imo

YEAH IT FUCKING STUNNED ME!!! all the way to a coma

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's the deal.

Objectively, I personally do NOT like Coldplay's music and do find it rather cliched, repetitive, and rather than being influenced by U2, they sound like they are trying to COPY U2 (and badly at that). I do think they need to show stronger songwriting skills and I do not find them anything special.

....Now as for Roger's statement.

1) Roger is allowed to be objective and give his own personal opinion of another music artist without being disrespected by the reporter for ''being jealous'', for having ''sour grapes'' or having Queen dissed for being ''a has been band''...''not having recent hits'', or Roger being dissed as having ''bad judgment disliking Britain's most popular current band''.

2) However....people of QZ...YOU fail to see yourselves as a mirror relection of this idiot reporter who disrespected Roger and Queen, just for Roger expressing his honest artistic taste and opinion for not liking Coldplay.

....How many of you, jumped all over Robert Smith of The Cure when he said he wasn't a fan of Queen and didn't like their music?

HMMMMMMMM Didn't you all call Robert Smith a jealous has been so and so? HMMMMMMMM

..so you are acting like this reporter..who called Roger and Queen a jealous has been for not being a fan of Coldplay and not liking their music.

Just thought you should know, I agree the reporter is a jerk for disresecting Roger for Roger expressing his personal likes and dislikes for other artists and their music.

Roger is entitled to his opinion. But you shouldn't disrespect other artists who don't necessarily like Queen.

Queen are my favorite band. Always have been.

The Cure are in my top 10 favorite artists. I know Robert Smith does NOT like Queen. That's his opinion that he's entitled to. I don't like it, but he IS entitled to it.

...Hey..I don't like alot of bands Robert Smith LOVES...2 BIG ones being Siouxie and The Banshees and Joy Division..both which I HATE!!!!.

Look music is subjective.

As long as the real reason you don't like a band's music is valid and it does not appeal to your taste (and not some agenda like jealousy)...FINE.

My friends love music I HATE. I Love music my Friends HATE. There are artists/bands BOTH me and my Friends Love, or Both me and my Friends HATE.

So Roger is entitled to his opinion, and this reporter is a DICK for name calling Roger and disrespecting Roger.

And excuse me, but Roger openly PRAISES TONS of NEW current BIG RECORD SELLING UK and USA artists like...Razorlight, The Darkness, and The Foo Fighters.

So Roger and Queen have no problem praising New Big record selling artists. So obviously Roger just does not like Coldplay's music...Which he is entitled to his opinion.

Nuff said.

xyz
brENsKi

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene said: ...Hey..I don't like alot of bands Robert Smith LOVES...being Siouxie and The Banshees which I HATE!!!!.

well at least i now know where Robert Smith got his make-up ideas from

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Arlene said: ...Hey..I don't like alot of bands Robert Smith LOVES...being Siouxie and The Banshees which I HATE!!!!.

well at least i now know where Robert Smith got his make-up ideas from

Aparently you didn't get the gist of what I was trying to say there.

The reporter was being a jerk for disrespecting Roger for Roger expressing his personal music taste.

Now I detect a whiff of the same element from you because I like Robert Smith...excuse me for living on YOUR planet...Didn't know you and this reporter ruled the world and were brainwashing us into mind control and submission to not have opinions and think for ourselves.

Let me go get Roger to name some artist whose music he dislikes that YOU LOVE or Roger can tell you about an artist whose music he Loves..and you HATE. Let's see how that goes.

...Hey Roger, I got a live one for you...try this one out for size! ;)

xyz
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In wich interview did Roger said he didn;t like Coldplay?

Why we keep on feeding topic like this one, full of hate and desrespect?

Take care