Forums > Queen - General Discussion > This is the last time...

forum rss feed
Author

Spawnie Boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Spawnie Boy
Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello to all like they are? good, this time I have these questions that there is of certain that,
that clip in that Freddie Mercury goes out with another type that spills beer in the face of Freddie, was a commercial for beers of that year? (1979) once a friend told me that was that but I want to be sure and also if Let Me Live is truly a song that was outside of the album Hot Space because was not in the lines of the other songs ( used dance/disco) and for I finish if the song Too Much Love Will Kill You is also outside of the album The Miracle (the version that Freddie sings).
PD> are you have not noticed you but me the first time that I heard too much love will kill you but Brian's version of the album Back to the light, at the beginning of the song those incidental choirs I believed that was Freddie Mercury but went pleasing my surprise when listening Brian May to begin the song. This song I heard it 5 years ago in a local radio of my country. The choirs at the beginning of the song who makes them Brian May or he use choirs of Freddie Mercury and the use there?
THANKS A LOT FOR ANSWER ME ;-)

groover user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha. That post HAS to be written like that on purpose.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You should try to re-write that stuff but i`m going try to answer what i can.

For what i know Freddie never shot a comercial for beer or any other product.

I think let me live demo is from 1984, from a session with Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck. ( I might be wrong on this one).

Too much love will kill you was put aside from the Miracle album because Fredie said that "it`s good but it`s not that good", but the main reason might be that the song wasn`t tottaly written by a Queen member.

The intro from that song used on Back to the Light album by Brian is only Brian`s voice. According to him it was something like an harmonizer where he would sing and then it automactically harmonize his voice guiving that huge sound that sounded like a Queen choir. He liked the effect and used it on the song.

Take care

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 05, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Kenny Everett clip was not a beer commercial, it was just a zany/madcap/odd TV programme.

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That harmony-effect that you're talking about Bobby_brown, was used for the intro and outro of Driven By You, not Too Much Love Will Kill You.

The harmony at the start of TMLWKY is just a chorus of multi-tracked Brians.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.