Forums > Fan mixes > We Will Rock You (Tatterdemalion Remix)

forum rss feed
Author

The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not bad! I liked the part at the end, where it fades out and back in to the live version...

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4631 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This one started off quite well, but for me where it all went a bit pear shaped was in the transition between the studio and live versions. It just didnt quite work for me. Some nice ideas there and like your last mix this isnt the worst one but again isnt the greatest either. Good try tho...

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like the idea of the 'winding up' start, but you over egged the pudding a bit, in my opinion. Not quite so much pitch bend, and a volume boost might have sounded better. I like the effect at 1:09, and the second chorus effect isn't bad either (but not as good as the first), but as has been said above, the live / studio transitions just don't work, and the fade out and back in at the end might just as well have been two separate tracks. You did that on your Radio Ga Ga mix, and I strongly suggest dropping the idea.

Your mixes are definitely improving, but maybe you need to take a little more time over them? Don't rush release things for the sake of it. I released 6 mixes in one day, but those were ones I had done over several years!

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pretty much what Mr Mercury and Fickle said. Those cut in parts of the live and the studio track don't work. And the thrown in effects sound like someone who just found them for the first time. And what is that fade out and bring back in thing all about? Like Fickle says, best to leave that idea out as it doesn't work.

Peace,
Adam.