Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The Greed of Q+PR

forum rss feed
Author

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it is becoming more and more obvious to me that this tour is solely a financial venture and nothing more.From listening to Brian wanting to play "key"territories or how Paul seems to be happiest playing his songs its starting to suck.This Tour has nothing to do with us the diehards and reeks of the Who or Cher cashing in.Shame on You Bri and Roj-you have already made potfulls of cash as a result of being in Freddies BAND!!!


john pistlli
Grantcdn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jun 05, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is a load of crap. Brian and Roger don't need any money....so you'd rather have everyone stay home and not make music and that Queen albums should have been pulled off the shelves in November of 1991 eh??...and it was definitely not Freddie's band....he was one member yes...Freddie would have been nothing without Brian's guitar playing....look at his solo albums....I didn't see any Bohemian Rhapsodies in there....
Sorry man but I'd rather have a chance to see Brian and Roger do what their careers have always been....Making kick-ass rocking music...why should they be prevented from doing what they love from some Queen died in 91 and no one should ever listen to their music again person....why bother coming on a site like this if you don't like their music....you should have given up 14 years ago then

Mr Drowse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 791 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cannot see the greed. Queen rocks!


Feed the Phoenix :)
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think they are greedy, we are just too too generous... It's not their "fault" that they make money, we are guilty of that ;-)


I don't care to spend some money on someting I love.


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No-one's forcing anyone to spend their money
Go and listen ungreedy Backstreet Boys


BOOOOOORING

DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 04:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside;

GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!
Queen don't need money - in case you haven't figured anything out at all, these guys (Roger + Brian) kinda made a few wads of dough when they were busy getting attention back in the day when Freddie was alive.
Also, QZ has been over the subject of the fucking tour over and over and over. Everyone's picked a fight over every imaginable aspect of just the idea of the bloody tour - AND THIS ONE AIN'T VERY ORIGINAL!!

Piss off, and like Fenderek said; listen to some ungreedy Backstreet Boys crap if it'll help you sleep at night - 'cos hey, they write their own songs, are very original and aren't in any way connected with making their own money, aren't they?

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stateside fan, what do you want attention? Are you just an attention seeker? Have you come on here to criticise Bri, Rog & Paul etc because other prats like BPP do?

Get a fucking life mate.

I'm sure you call yourself a Queen ''fan''? Well then start acting like one and support you ''favourite'' band.

DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

Stateside fan, what do you want attention? Are you just an attention seeker? Have you come on here to criticise Bri, Rog & Paul etc because other prats like BPP do?

Get a fucking life mate.

I'm sure you call yourself a Queen ''fan''? Well then start acting like one and support you ''favourite'' band.


AMEN KINGSAM!! ;)

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no you nitwits i have a life thank you.My point is that if you listen to Brian its about strategy for cash-not reaching fan bases(u.s) that have been loyal and still buying records.As far as some of you lashing out at me because i voiced an opinion-go fuck yourselfs.I know they are worth Big Bucks,all the more reason to make the core fans happy like me and you.But riddle me this you pasty rotten tooth brits-where would these blokes be if not for FM?Right!playing the halls PR was playing before he met them!


john pistlli
Ayreon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


It seems to me they are just pleasing the die hard fans like you and me by going on tour? Aren't you exited you can hear those great Queen songs live, and even see Rog and Bri form upclose?

Leon

DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

no you nitwits i have a life thank you.My point is that if you listen to Brian its about strategy for cash-not reaching fan bases(u.s) that have been loyal and still buying records.As far as some of you lashing out at me because i voiced an opinion-go fuck yourselfs.I know they are worth Big Bucks,all the more reason to make the core fans happy like me and you.But riddle me this you pasty rotten tooth brits-where would these blokes be if not for FM?Right!playing the halls PR was playing before he met them!


Speaking of nitwits, I'M NOT A POM you ignorant bastard. We lashed out 'cos you had nothing original, interesting or intelligent to say - not to mention the fact that you didn't exactly sound so happy to begin with. Which brings me to my next question; who lit the fuse on your tampon? Pissy bastard.

And as for where fucking myself is concerned; I don't need my hands to do that. I can actually get a bloke. Good luck finding something human for yourself STEPFORD!! :)

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am excited of course and maybe i just miss the old Queen alot more then i realized.I will be at NY and Philadelphia shows-all of them cheering like mad because they are my fave songs but i hate the direction they have taken Aruba?-Paul played their last year and told them its a cash cow ala sun city.Japan before U.S?Someone pointed out they are extremely wealthy-True! so why go romping aroung looking for tourist trap big money places like Aruba.Because Paul,who was on the has been circuit before he lucked into this told fat cats Bri and Roj about the loot he made.


john pistlli
stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ps Dark Queen....Piss off!


john pistlli
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First you blame them for making money, now you say you gonna see them by yourself?? Doesn't make sense to me.

And what's wrong with Aruba?? Beautiful country, nice weather... I can understand their decision. Maybe they are gonna be there to have fun, instead of making big money. After all, it's a tough time for them. Living from city to city without almost no rest isn't easy. It would be nice form them to spend some time at the beach there ;-)








I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
DarkQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

I am excited of course and maybe i just miss the old Queen alot more then i realized.I will be at NY and Philadelphia shows-all of them cheering like mad because they are my fave songs but i hate the direction they have taken Aruba?-Paul played their last year and told them its a cash cow ala sun city.Japan before U.S?Someone pointed out they are extremely wealthy-True! so why go romping aroung looking for tourist trap big money places like Aruba.Because Paul,who was on the has been circuit before he lucked into this told fat cats Bri and Roj about the loot he made.


YADA YADA YADA... someone please wake me when the bastard has something interesting to say - or when he grows a brain, but since neither seems forseeable in the near future - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

stateside fan wrote:

Ps Dark Queen....Piss off!


Hmm, MAKE ME!!

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stateside, the promblem is, you clearly have had a preconcieved idea placed in your head by persuasive bullies like BPP on here before the tour even took place.

What's the point in living this way? I feel sorry for you if you can't formulate your own opinions, that's a horrid way live.

I aint bein funny, but when you're reaching the age of almost 60 and have spent the best part of almost 30 years constantly touring and making music, I think it is fair to say the boys can tour where they want right? These are the years I'm sure they'd like to finally be spending with their family, using their hard earned money to good effect. But no... they've given up their quiet years to STILL tour and make music for fans... people like me and you. But, what are they supposed to think when tits like you are STILL being so ungrateful? If they'd had done fuck all and not toured, you'd be sitting here complaining, coz it's what the rest of the knob-jockey minority do. But instead, unfortunately for the majority of those on here who have interesting dicussions, the minotiry found a niche in trashing the tour before, during and after it had happened.

We lash out purely becuase: what ARE you trying to prove? Had you hoped we'd all turn around and say ''actually, you know what, you're right''? Fat chance son. Look around at the MANY other topics started about how ''bad'' the tour is. What reactions did they get? Opinions are one thing, but just trouncing something coz you want to off the back of nothing is pointless, absolutely ricidulous.

Just get a life mate.

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry mate dont know who that is.i was just trying to make a point on how i felt.Its obvious that is not the thing to do here.You all enjoy your shows and hopefully they will make it to USA.-John


john pistlli
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not at all mate.

There's a difference between voicing opinions and saying pointless things that, in honesty, aren't at all true I'd say (as would many others - cashing in? Whatever...).

If they wanted to ''cash in'', there are many things they could do e.g. release more crap with pop-bands and aim for a young market. That's where the money's at seemingly.

You gotta understand, despite the fact you and others clearly wont, the amount of topics like this littering the board. What's the point? There's nothing worthwhile you're gonna prove? And, as I've said before, as much as we know it's pointless to get frustrated and reply to just say ''shut up'', the temptation becomes too much unfrotunately.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

I am excited of course and maybe i just miss the old Queen alot more then i realized.I will be at NY and Philadelphia shows-all of them cheering like mad because they are my fave songs but i hate the direction they have taken Aruba?-Paul played their last year and told them its a cash cow ala sun city.Japan before U.S?Someone pointed out they are extremely wealthy-True! so why go romping aroung looking for tourist trap big money places like Aruba.Because Paul,who was on the has been circuit before he lucked into this told fat cats Bri and Roj about the loot he made.


So basically this whole thing was sour grapes because they're not coming to the US fast enough to suit you.


Blow it out your ass.
drowsy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jun 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Point 1. I, unfortunately, have never seen Queen in it's current state live, so I really couldn't say which arguement is right. However, it does leave me relatively unbiased. If stateside fan feels that way then he's intitled to and if the rest of you disagree, then you're intitled to too. But you can't go around trying to force your opinions down other people's throats. It is, despite what GreatKingSam appears to be argueing, your own opinion, and not necessarily right or wrong ,although I wouldn't particularly be interested in seeing Paul Rodger's songs which are, consequently, NOT Queen songs. It is however, the bands decision, they have of course, done it before.
P.S. In response to GreatKing Sam's message, seeing as Stateside fan appears completely alone in his arguement, it doesn't really seem like they are the one with preconcepted ideas.

Point 2.(To GreatKingSam) To be honest, you can't expect everyone to have read every topic brought up in this forum, especially if they've only just joined, so hwo are they supposed to know that a certain subject's been done to death?

Point 3.Most of your reactions, specifically Dark Queen's sound like a child who's favourite toys been broken. Someone has dared to question your beloved Queen and you jump on them like a pride of lions attacking one, loan deer. If you can't come up with something more intelligent and articulate the a load of swearwords repetative, innane comments (this also refers to Stateside fan as you don't sound any more mature than Dark Queen) then perhaps you're not worthy to defend Queen

Point 4.(specifically to Dark Queen and Stateside fan) What the fuck has people SEX-LIFE got to do with anything. Of all the puerile things that have been said in this arguement this has got to be the most ridiculous, immature, ignotant of all! Grow up, for fuk's sake!


ashort