Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Robbie Williams is the worst Freddie Mercury Impersonator

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sick and tired of Robbie Williams impersonating Freddie Mercury, and can't understand how Britons eat him up.

Brian, and Roger have lost a little of my respect for what they've done over the years. They allowed this charlatan, this talentless fake to sing Queen songs, and impersonate a true legend.





Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yet another one, for christsake.

Replace 'impersonate' with 'paying tribute to' and you would be nearer the truth. If he was going to impersonate Freddie he would have had the moustache and yellow jacket.


Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
agneepath! 11994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please explain how this talentless fake managed to fill up Knebworth during 3 consecutive nights.

I'm not a fan of Robbie Williams - nor am i obsessed with despising him.

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another idiot. The Freddie Mercury Concert was an example of paying tribute to the man. You can only pay tribute to someone once, maybe twice.

What Robbie Williams is doing is making a fucking career out of being the next Freddie. How much more blatant do you want him to get? He sings Queen songs. He copies the same gestures. He prances onstage like a poor Freddie Clone.





SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How? I 'll tellyou how.

For the same reason idiots fill up stadiums for Britney Spears. There are a lot of idiots out there.

In this case, there also happens to be a demand for a Queen/Freddie like talent. Why else do you think Queen (Brian,Roger) are touring now. Because people miss Queen, the real Queen.

Britons especially seem enamored of Robbie Williams because they want to see a British Freddie Mercury. Nowhere else in the world is Robbie Williams successful EXCEPT Britain. Says much, doesn't it?



Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

There are a lot of idiots out there.


Yeah, yeah... We know one...

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Nowhere else in the world is Robbie Williams successful EXCEPT Britain. Says much, doesn't it?


You mean, Nowhere = United States? Then it's possible. But Queen wasn't successful there either in the 80s... Or do you think your US country music stars are truly worldwide stars? Very few people in Europe listen country but we don't call Americans as idiots because of this.

If people in UK enjoy of Robbie's music, it's up to them. And by the way Britney and all such artists are American artists, not British...

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry it's interesting that you turn this into a US vs the world thing. Might it be because you have no argument?

The fact is, Robbie Wiliams is popular only in Britain. If he tried to pull off that cheap Freddie imitation act in Philadelphia, he'd get soundly booed off the stage because he STINKS!

You being a Britain can't help yourself defending the great Robbie Williams. That is truly idiotic.




FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"They allowed this charlatan, this talentless fake to sing Queen songs, and impersonate a true legend."

What should they say? Robbie, you can't put your fist in the air, and use a half mic stand.


Freddie wasn't the first to put his fist in the air and use a half mic stand. And he won't be the last


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Serry it's interesting that you turn this into a US vs the world thing. Might it be because you have no argument?

The fact is, Robbie Wiliams is popular only in Britain. If he tried to pull off that cheap Freddie imitation act in Philadelphia, he'd get soundly booed off the stage because he STINKS!

You being a Britain can't help yourself defending the great Robbie Williams. That is truly idiotic.




Not as idiotic as when you look in his profile and realise that Serry is Russian.


Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Victoria user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 529 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

You can only pay tribute to someone once, maybe twice.


Tell that to Christians, Muslims or other religious persons. They pay tribute quite often (more than once or twice).

And NO, I am not saying Robbie Williams is getting religious about Freddie. That would be ridiculous. ...

Then again this thread is a bit ridiculous.

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

They allowed this charlatan, this talentless fake to sing Queen songs, and impersonate a true legend.


Would you say the same about this and Rufus Wainwright and the Beatles' song Across the Universe?


*honk* *honk* - Harpo
SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Idiot wrote:
Tell that to Christians, Muslims or other religious persons. They pay tribute quite often (more than once or twice).

I write:

Are you now comparing Freddie Mercury and Queen to a religion? LOL. Going to church, and having faith in a religion is not paying tribute. You're a dumbass, and you should shut the hell up.


The idiot writes:
And NO, I am not saying Robbie Williams is getting religious about Freddie. That would be ridiculous. ...

I write:

Who mentioned religion? You did. I simply said that for Robbie Williams to sing Queen songs and conjure up the "spirit" of Freddie by mimicing him is beyond paying tribute. It's a cheap impersonation, and false.


The idiot wrote:
Then again this thread is a bit ridiculous.

I write:

No, you are the ridiculous one by comparing Queen to a religion.





SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and if Victoria is a female, after uttering her stupidity, she should be tied up, bent over, and two-fisted.

Stupid cunt.


Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, the true measure of a man. If the opposition is female, then let's insult her by sexually degrading her. Apparently, you lack the ability to defend yourself intellectually, so you resort to violent threats.

Nice to see that you can get so worked up about one performance at a concert that you make a complete ass out of yourself on a public notice board, you misogynist twit.


DJ's the man we love the most
Zander05 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Zander05
Bohemian: 860 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not a Robbie Williams fan at all. But if he wants to PAY TRIBUTE TO FREDDIE (which is what he was doing), then it's fine by me.

I hate to break it to you, but people are allowed to like artists such as Britney Spears. And just because someone likes an artist you happen to despise, for whatever bullshit reason, does not make them an idiot.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this. But people had been 'impersonating' Freddie since the 70's. While doing Now I'm Here live, there was a roadie dressed up exactly like Freddie to do a cool visual effect to match the vocal one. Is this guy setting off your crap rant? No. Green Day perform WATC and do the "day-o" thing in their concerts. Is Billie Joe impersonating Freddie? No, he is PAYING TRIBUTE. Even Brian does the high notes when he sings LOML live. Is he impersonating Freddie? No. Cry a river, build a bridge and GET THE FUCK OVER IT!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

You being a Britain can't help yourself defending the great Robbie Williams.


The word you're searching for is 'Brit';. Before calling others idiots, perhaps you should be able to name those properly whom you are targeting. But at least it's an upgrade from 'britons', as you were saying at the beginning of the topic.

Clearly you are motivated by anger. The simple fact is this: Art is relative to one's tastes.

Nobody wants to hear how someone dislikes a certain artist. Of course everybody can't like every artist. So, instead of using up all your energy towards your hatred of an artist, why not spend some time talking about those whom you love? That's much more constructive, I'd say.

Zander05 wrote:

Cry a river, build a bridge and GET THE FUCK OVER IT!


Whoa, never heard that one before... nice one!



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
martin S user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The most shocking and disgusting aspect for me is,
that he uses a half microphone stand like Freddie.
It makes me puke everytime I see it.
Somehow everybody loves him. I do not know for what ?!

cheers

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie didn't have the rights for the half micstand :P
and besides he used it UNFreddie :P
if u can't see that...u don't know Freddies moves :P


Killed by drones.
SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Again, let me reiterate the difference between paying TRIBUTE and making a CAREER out of impersonating Freddie Mercury.


Greenday sang we are the champions at Live8. This was a tribute because they don't pretend to be Freddie Mercury and do remakes of Queen Songs, and act on stage as if they are Freddie Mercury.


I've seen Robbie Williams at Live8, and it is TOTAL BULL how people are saying he was so great, and awesome.

Have you really listened to his voice? He has one of the worst voices. ever. He is like the male version of Britney Spears. No vocal talent at all.

Secondly, he is UGLY. I can't see what is the charm of his ugly face. He looks like a thin, half dead rat.

Thirdly, he has a crappy persoanlity. He was laughing like a moron, joking, but he came off stupid and retarded.

Fourthly, he is a SHIT POOR impersonator. He can't walk him him, can't talk like him, yet he screams on top of his lungs, come on cme on! let me hear you.

and sadly, the stupid crowd goes along with it.

Just pathetic.



The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

martin S wrote:

he uses a half microphone stand like Freddie.
It makes me puke everytime I see it.


If that makes you puke, then I'd like to see what a topless Joan Rivers would do to you.

I'd like to reply to all the stepford posts in topics like this, but it's just not worth my time.

If you like Queen, the listen to Queen. If you like Robbie, then listen to Robbie. If you like both, then listen to both. Whichever category you're in, stop whining, and get over it.

But one last thing... SomebodyWhoLoves, your name should be SomebodyWhoHates. You've spent a lot of time polluting this forum with your hatred today. Stop wasting webspace, and go for a walk.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

and if Victoria is a female, after uttering her stupidity, she should be tied up, bent over, and two-fisted.

Stupid cunt.


Advocating the rape of a person just because they diagree with your point of view is, without doubt, the most evil post I have ever witnessed on this site.

You should be ashamed of yourself, apologise to Victoria and be kicked off this site for good.

You are a disgrace.


Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.