Forums > Personal > How to encourage piracy (otherwise known as Live 8 on DVD)

forum rss feed
Author

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jul 05, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?b=news&id=96181

From the article:
''Major label EMI have confirmed they have secured the DVD for this weekend's Live 8 extravaganza. The entertainment giant have worked out a deal with the organisers which will see them release a DVD of the event in all territories around the world.

However, the DVD will differ from country to country, tailored to include footage from each of the various Live 8 events.''

So, different releases for different countries? Instead of a full Pink Floyd set or The Who performance at Hyde Park, I'll get Linkin Park with Jay-Z?

If they really want us to make this a huge selling DVD, then give us more options. I see very few people wanting to go through the hassle of importing region-coded DVDs when there'll be DVD-rips on all of the major torrent sites.

DJ's the man we love the most
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 05, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's highly stupid. Highly.

The concept, not what you just said Zeni.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 05, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There goes my hopes of ever seeing Do As Infinity's performance from the Live 8 Japan show... :(

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 06 Jul 05, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do think a complete box set or releases based on venue would help, though I doubt EMI would want to pay for it.

I always appreciated it when Parlophone release a limited amount of Freddie Box Sets in NTSC/Region 1. I don't understand why EMI can't do something similar in this case. Honestly, I could care less about the Tokyo show, but I do want a complete Hyde Park DVD.

DJ's the man we love the most