Forums > Queen - General Discussion > OMG Hyde Park Gig

forum rss feed
Author

death to ming! 23397 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, you're right, what a terrible incid-- oh wait.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No. Maybe I'm sounding like a godforsaken man, but Queen + PR played gig in Rome after the Pope's death and if they're gonna play after these attacks in London - it'd be horrible, IMO.

We have such things in Russia and in Moscow (Chechen terrorists, you know) and no-one ever played any concerts on the next day after such attacks. 'The Show Must Go On' concept doesn't supposed to play on the graves.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

No. Maybe I'm sounding like a godforsaken man, but Queen + PR played gig in Rome after the Pope's death and if they're gonna play after these attacks in London - it'd be horrible, IMO.

We have such things in Russia and in Moscow (Chechen terrorists, you know) and no-one ever played any concerts on the next day after such attacks. 'The Show Must Go On' concept doesn't supposed to play on the graves.

Sergey, my thoughts exactly. This is not about etiquette. You don't throw a party (concert) when a city is in chaos and people are dying or have already died, less than 24 hours later.

I also think Al Queda didn't bomb Live 8 because there was so much security and an event like that, anticipates terrorist attacks way ahead of time, so everyone's guard is up.

This was intentionally planned, on a quiet work day, at the height of workrush hour, when the London transport system was packed,

....with innocent men, women, and children.

...when London and people had their guard down, were most vulnerable.

I cannot and will not accept coward evil fanatics killing innocent people.

I hope Tony Blair catches the butchers who did this and strings them up by their balls.

I am tired of these fanatics killing inncocent people and they are nothing but twisted Fuck cowards.

xyz
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian just posted the official 7/8/05 postponement, and the rescheduling of the Hyde Park Concert for one day next week on his website.

xyz
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 05, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Show. Must. Go. On. Remind me what your favourite band is people?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller