Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Hype park concert - will it be cancelled?

forum rss feed
Author

QUEEN*1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After these terrible attacks on london this morning, will the concert be cancelled.

My view is how can it go ahead cause the tube lines will be down for sometime and also the buses.

The concert is a very minor thing, peoples lives are much more important than a concert.

How will we know if it is cancelled?

My thoughts are with those people who are involved cause it must be terrifying.

mushype user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like you my immediate thought was for the concert and my own enjoyment.

After seeing the news unfold, it appears there have been deaths and many injuries. My thoughts are with the families and friends of the injured and killed.

deakys ghost user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be awful if the gig went ahead now, really insensitive to those hurt or killed. I hope it will be rescheduled for a later date when things have calmed down. city seems to be in chaos and i for one won't be travelling to London today.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what's the best way to fight terrorism and not let it win? Carry on as always... Otherwise- they won...

Johan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 162 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should go ahead with it.

Ride The Night To The Morning Sun..!
deakys ghost user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brilliantly said Starfleet, a bit of common sense and compassion at last!

BlueRock user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should definitely CANCEL the show, we`re now talking about human lives. Stay safe all You, brothers and sisters, in London!

Queen is dead - long live Queen!
Styxx_man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm with you there Starfleet. We should do everything we can to get to Hyde Park and stick two fingers up at the utter cowards who caused this atrocity. The main problem I can forsee is that of transport. All of London's transport is currently stopped. Obviously it will take time to get things back to working order. I am seething at those aboninable bas*ards who think that this sort of action is justified.

kenny8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As an Aussie, my thoughts are with you Londoners.

Surely the Hyde Park show will be postponed, I just can't see it going ahead even if Queen wanted it to. Not that I'd imagine they'd want to either.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Styxx_man wrote:

I'm with you there Starfleet. We should do everything we can to get to Hyde Park and stick two fingers up at the utter cowards who caused this atrocity.

I thought Starfleet said that we SHOULDN'T and that the gig should be CANCELLED...

Lilycroft user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am one of those people who hardly ever posts and who drifts in and out of these message boards, but I must agree with starfleet now. It's not about letting terrorists win, it's about the safety of people in London. Whilst it is unlikely that there would be another terrorist attack within 24 hours (and Tony Blair HAS said he believes it to be terrorists) many people will not feel safe enough to travel into London to see Queen- if they carry on with it, many people will miss out because they will not want to 'risk their lives.'

Also, if transport is not working properly by tomorrow, it will be horrendous to get there.

Of course we shouldn't let terrorists win, and we should carry on as normal, but not in a way that could endanger others. Also, as someone else said, it could be seen as insensitive. Plus, the police don't need to cope with an extra 100,000 people milling around London before and after the concert. It's not fair, they have enough to cope with.

I don't want to cause an argument... just my two cents.

Lilian

christeb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scary indeed!
My train was going straight to liverpool st. from stansted tomorrow,although I will be very surprised if it goes ahead.I agree with theose who say it should be cancelled as the full scale of casulties etc has not been seen and it would be justs too soon after.
Brian

Frozenpenguin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cancelled or Postponed????

They surely must postpone it for a few weeks, I dont want to contemplate the whole UK leg being cancelled...

what are everyones thoughts, has anyone been in this situation before, what normally happens?

Lilycroft user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Frozenpenguin wrote:

Cancelled or Postponed????

They surely must postpone it for a few weeks, I dont want to contemplate the whole UK leg being cancelled...

what are everyones thoughts, has anyone been in this situation before, what normally happens?

It will hopefully be postponed. I don't know though, I've never been in this situation before but according to queenonline.com they are in talks about what to do.

Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

I have mixed feelings at the moment

I say it would be best if they re-scheduled the concert for a later date

More importantly how can ppl coming from different parts of the UK and in fact other areas of europe possibly get into London anyway

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

I am so sad at what has happened but the concert should be cancelled for the saftey of everyone.
I hope to god everyone i know in London is ok especailly any of you queenzone londoners and that my best Friend Maria is still in Bed and wasn't on that Liverpool St Train like she usually would be i cant get thro to her and i'm so worried.

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich
Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just want to say that my thoughts are with all of you over there in England today...

robbosmith user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The organisers of this event will have no choice but to cancel this event. it wont even be up to them, the police will not let this go ahead. the tube and bus network will be colsed for some time, and the logistics of these terrible attacks will mean that this event wont even be considered to be going ahead.

the question is if the gig will be re scheduled or cancelled, though logically it must be cancelled as you cant just move a hyde park gig to when you want it - not a gig of this scale.

thoughts with the people affected.

bobmaster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if queen go ahead with the concert they could be playing to a half-full park. even if people can get to london there will be many who just wont go to the concert now.
i was thinking more about the fact that it could be dangerous to go ahead with it, though i seriously doubt that there will be any more bombs the very next day...but i think it will probably be cancelled anyway.
i hope its rescheduled for a different date

Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is on Ticketmaster

"QUEEN - HYDE PARK - to be decided tommorow ( Friday )"

fat lot of gd that is ppl will be making there way today!

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"