Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > HYDE PARK GIG IS POSTPONED

forum rss feed
Author

wegotit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The 08-JUL-05 HYDE PARK GIG IS POSTPONED Show should go on on either Jul 15, 16 or 17

Brettles user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 79 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do you know this?

wegotit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where has this 'official' announcement come from though? It's not yet on the BM website, etc.

Sorry... I'm just holding onto my last little bit of hope :(

Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and guess when im going on holiday....that week!

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The announcement came from Queenonline.

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One word... GUTTED!

Saying that... at least it's just postponed and not cancelled.

Frozenpenguin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And it may be on a Saturday this time as there will be no pre booked REM in the way!!!

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From NME.com

http://www.nme.com/news/112938.htm

xyz
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The gig is postponed to 15TH OF JULY (friday as well)

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who's playing on the 16th then? cos this would be a good opporunity to move it to a Saturday and sell the remaining tickets as a result...

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian just posted the official 7/8/05 postponement and next week's rescheduling news of the Hyde Park concert on his website.

xyz
hcrvelin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 251 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with decision. It was rather bad this morning. I came earlier to work (luck?) so I was at Liverpool Station at 8:31. Afterwards we could hear emergency, but I initially thought someone jumped in fron of the train. Then someone came with information there has been explosion. We didn't take this serious or at least we didn't thought that terrorist attack was under the way... until on speaker at all floors we were told that police ordered evacuation. When leaving the building I could see whole area being blocked, but we thought that only Liverpool station is affected (that was around 9:30).. While on the move we heard about Edgware Road... but things were still confusing at that moment as different "news" were floating around. Then later we saw another guy who told us about bus (at that moment someone everyone was talking about 3 buses, at one moment even 6 buses and 8 explosions).. so everyone was just trying to get away. Then all pubs and bars along the river started to shut down with order to close teh service, stay inside and help anyone who comes in need for emergency help. So feeling was that something much bigger than it is was going on. While going to hotel (via Thames path and then "park line" like St. James, Green and then Hyde to Victoria gate) it felt like there were other explosions, but this was probably river hitting concrete under the bridge making that noise as explosion in distance. However, not nice feeling at all. With all that, I hoped concert would be postponed because:
a) I wanted that everyone has some kind of security and having concert on enxt day is not
b) Many people would not come to concert anyway

I was told in hotel where I'm that many people did cancel their bookings already in morning and they were coming for Q+PR and REM.

I'm buying bike tomorrow... no more undeground and bus services for me :(

H
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what are the odds of me getting a refund or something now that i cannot go? anyone know what ticketmaster's policies are on this

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The official Hyde Park site doesn't list anything as happening on the 16th, so why it couldn't have been rescheduled for the Saturday is beyond me.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Fiennessa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've just found on ticketmaster info (it was about old rescheduled show of REM) that in case you cannot attend, they will pay the money back if you send them back the ticket or bring it back to the place of purchase. I assume for Queen rules are the same. However I asked them about it in email, and I'm still waiting for a response. I also want to know what about collecting tickets. It was planned for tomorrow, but I'm not sure if thousands of people will be able to come tomorrow to a heart of London.

davew user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wording on Brian May website - just posted:

The Queen + Paul Rodgers Hyde Park show on Friday 8th July, will now take place on: Friday 15th July

REM's Hyde Park show on Saturday 9th July, will now take place on: Saturday 16th July (explains why Queen can't play on Saturday, DOH!)

All tickets will remain valid for the new shows and an information line has been set up on 0870 060 1767.

If ticket holders are unable to attend on the rescheduled dates, they should contact their point of purchase by 6pm on Wednesday 13th July for a refund.

Those who bought a ticket from getLIVE or Ticketmaster and need a refund should call 0870 400 0750.

Dave W
great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say that I'm glad it is on the 15th, as I've got a family wedding that I can't get out of on the 16th. Thank you REM!!!
That said, my thoughts are with the friends and family of the 37 dead (so far) and the many injured.

"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.

http://www.myspace.com/petearnold

jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh well 2 tickkets for e-bay I'm working and cant take another day off anyone want 2 for £50

jeffpayne56@msn.com
jeff payne 1680 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 05, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh well 2 tickets for e-bay I'm working and cant take another day off anyone want 2 for £50

jeffpayne56@msn.com